Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith *****es!

All Pro
    Are they still playing sets featuring "Toys in the Attic" and\or "Rocks"...that's all I'd wanna see...

All League
    I saw Aerosmith back in the early 90's. Black crowes opened for them. I think it was at Lake Compunce in CT. Good god, I was soo fvcked up at that show. Booze, weed, acid.... I was selling micro dots while sitting on a rock before the show. During the show, groped every hot chicks ass that walked in front of me!

Anyways, Aerosmith music doesn't do much for me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Let the kid learn, JS. Think PK even heard of these guys? More balls than 10 of today's "bands".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCBrQ...eature=related
    Yeah.

My bands should start volunteering for American Idol.

That sh*ts hardcore yo.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

nothing wrong with Aerosmith.

my first CD ever was "Get a Grip" and remains a sentimental favorite to this day.

yeah their older stuff is better and harder, but you can say the same of any long-running rock band. they're still an iconic group with great frontmen in Tyler and Joe Perry.

enjoy the show, Strokes. don't forget your high chair

All League
    Stokes, ignore the detractors. Steven Tyler is one of the greatest rock vocalists and stylists of all time, for my money grittier and bluesier than Robert Plante and that's pretty high praise. Go and have a great evening. That Cheap Trick is opening is an added bonus. A fun band with some great hooks although their body of work doesn't come close to Aerosmith's. Hope you get to hear Aerosmith play the incredible one-two punch of Train Kept a'Rollin + Seasons of Wither. Wish I was going with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odcOb...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_GchifNRh0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLRLhV9U0kQ
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 07-22-2012 at 11:14 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Just found out we got tickets for the Tuesday night show at the Izod Center.

Not sure how I feel about it, used to love them, some of their classics are timeless, but they gotta be pushing 60, no?
    The only thing worse than seeing a rock band of 60 year olds in concert is an arena full of 60 year olds watching them.

Live concerts are for children.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The only thing worse than seeing a rock band of 60 year olds in concert is an arena full of 60 year olds watching them.

SAR I
    Haters gonna hate, dick's gonna be dicks.

Live music is outstanding in any form.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Haters gonna hate, dick's gonna be dicks.

Live music is outstanding in any form.

_
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb04F...e_gdata_player

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    On my BlackBerry, can't see the video, but I'm sure it's something really really clever.

Playing Winged Foot today, I'll read your brilliant wit later

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Playing Winged Foot today, I'll read your brilliant wit later
    West or East course?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    West or East course?
    I won't know till I get there. So psyched--hope the lightning holds off.

Really driving the ball well lately, have always had the distance but I'm hitting a LOT of fairways.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    I won't know till I get there. So psyched--hope the lightning holds off.

Really driving the ball well lately, have always had the distance but I'm hitting a LOT of fairways.

_
    Doesn't really matter. It's nice to play the west because it's more famous but I like the east a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yeah.

My bands should start volunteering for American Idol.

That sh*ts hardcore yo.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    LOL. Most of mine are hosting events in the afterlife.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Doesn't really matter. It's nice to play the west because it's more famous but I like the east a lot too.
    They're both considered top 100 courses in the US, right? I was talking to a member there around the time they had the Open - he was saying that a 10 handicap would shoot 120 on that Open course.

Have you ever played Bayonne? Just played there two weeks ago - really a unique experience. I wouldn't want to play there on a regular basis, but its pretty f'n amazing. You either hitting towards the Harbor or towards the most majestic American flag ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    The only thing worse than a 60 year old complaining about classic rock bands in concert is a 60 year old that likes Cold Play.

Cold Play is for Gheys.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    They're both considered top 100 courses in the US, right? I was talking to a member there around the time they had the Open - he was saying that a 10 handicap would shoot 120 on that Open course.

Have you ever played Bayonne? Just played there two weeks ago - really a unique experience. I wouldn't want to play there on a regular basis, but its pretty f'n amazing. You either hitting towards the Harbor or towards the most majestic American flag ever.
    Yeah, both are top 100. US Open conditions are completely different than regular golf. I played in a tourney at Bethpage Black exactly a year before their first US Open. It was a test run of the US Open conditions. Really the only difference was that we didn't play as far back as the Open did... and trust me, that makes a HUGE difference.

Never played Bayonne but it looks like a nice links course.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    ..."love on a res-pir-ator...."

Yeah, both are top 100. US Open conditions are completely different than regular golf. I played in a tourney at Bethpage Black exactly a year before their first US Open. It was a test run of the US Open conditions. Really the only difference was that we didn't play as far back as the Open did... and trust me, that makes a HUGE difference.

Never played Bayonne but it looks like a nice links course.

never played Winged foot or Bayonne. Bayonne? Is it a paved course painted green?

I have played Black several times...very difficult.
    Played Pinehurst 2, not as great an experience as you'd imagine.

Most exclusive club in my mind...Morefar in Danbury Ct. Google it. I played it in the 90's. An unbelieveable experience from the moment you enter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    Most exclusive club in my mind...Morefar in Danbury Ct. Google it. I played it in the 90's. An unbelieveable experience from the moment you enter.
    Back O’Beyond is/was the name of the course. (Now Morefar Back O'Beyond.) The legend behind the Morefar name is that the club is out of the way and when the Asian players would fly in to NY and take a cab to play it, they would tell the taxi driver that the course was "more far".

It's also famous for its many weird ass sculptures around the course.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    never played Winged foot or Bayonne. Bayonne? Is it a paved course painted green?

I have played Black several times...very difficult.
    Played Pinehurst 2, not as great an experience as you'd imagine.

You would never know its there - the entrance is down an unpaved road behind some warehouses, but once you get in....its unreal. Its basically Scotland on the New York Harbor. Liberty National gets more press, but Bayonne is spectacular.

Take a look:

http://www.bayonnegolfclub.com/