Thread: At least no Jets got arrested this offseason...31 NFL arrests..WTF?!?!?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

At least no Jets got arrested this offseason...31 NFL arrests..WTF?!?!?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, god knows what would happen if the Jets even had one arrest. Detroit has like 8 arrests and nobody gives a crap

At least 8 DUIs by my count. Why don't these dummies get a cab or limo?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason Whitlock tweeted this earlier.

Theory: NFL offseason arrests direct byproduct of new CBA rules limiting voluntary workouts. More free time/less structure = more trouble.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to wonder if this is really outside of the "norm" for the US. I mean, compare the size of the "company" (NFL) to ay other company or population. Teams can have something like 80 players right now, yes ? 80x32= 2560 players in total. Over a couple of months, out of 2560 people, there have been 31 arrests ?

Back when I used to work in restaurants, it seemed like at least 1 employee got arrested each week for something or other. Most of the times, it was something "minor" such as Public Intoxication, disorderly conduct, DUI, yada, yada, yada. (Yeah, I hesitated to put DUI in there as it is actually serious, but it's something that can happen to anyone, even people who are normally "upstanding citizens". All it takes is a slight miscalculation by a person who by definition, is under the influence.)

Anyways, is it a case of NFL players being "worse" than the average population ? Or is it that anything they do just garners more publicity ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Police have been good to us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Yep, god knows what would happen if the Jets even had one arrest. Detroit has like 8 arrests and nobody gives a crap

Glad we don't have any nutty behaviour so far

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUT WE'RE THUGZ GUISE! REMEMBER? JETS ARE TROUBLE-MAKERS!1!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Have to wonder if this is really outside of the "norm" for the US. I mean, compare the size of the "company" (NFL) to ay other company or population. Teams can have something like 80 players right now, yes ? 80x32= 2560 players in total. Over a couple of months, out of 2560 people, there have been 31 arrests ?

Back when I used to work in restaurants, it seemed like at least 1 employee got arrested each week for something or other. Most of the times, it was something "minor" such as Public Intoxication, disorderly conduct, DUI, yada, yada, yada. (Yeah, I hesitated to put DUI in there as it is actually serious, but it's something that can happen to anyone, even people who are normally "upstanding citizens". All it takes is a slight miscalculation by a person who by definition, is under the influence.)

Anyways, is it a case of NFL players being "worse" than the average population ? Or is it that anything they do just garners more publicity ?
    They are worse, much worse. Your workers are not told that if they get arrested the boss will take 1/4 of their yearly salary. Pro football players are much more likely to get a pass from a cop with the cop calling a cab etc than the average player. There is no miscalculation in DUI. Did you have more than 3, yes, don't drive. If you can not count up to three don't drive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Police have been good to us.
    Thanks to Detective Swanson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    They are worse, much worse. Your workers are not told that if they get arrested the boss will take 1/4 of their yearly salary. Pro football players are much more likely to get a pass from a cop with the cop calling a cab etc than the average player. There is no miscalculation in DUI. Did you have more than 3, yes, don't drive. If you can not count up to three don't drive.
    I used to drive back when I made $300 a week, and had no family. I was always the least drunk of my friends, who always wanted to go after hours. It was always under protest, and after I confirmed my friends couldn't possibly. I wouldn't drive now that I have a few bucks, and If I was making 200k there's no way I'm ever driving. If I made a million, I wouldn't even drive sober.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post

I'd love for one media pundit, one, to rip into Jim Schwartz like ALL would have if it were Rex Ryan and the Jets in his situation.