Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: At least no Jets got arrested this offseason...31 NFL arrests..WTF?!?!?

  1. #1

    At least no Jets got arrested this offseason...31 NFL arrests..WTF?!?!?


  2. #2
    Yep, god knows what would happen if the Jets even had one arrest. Detroit has like 8 arrests and nobody gives a crap

    At least 8 DUIs by my count. Why don't these dummies get a cab or limo?

  3. #3
    Jason Whitlock tweeted this earlier.

    Theory: NFL offseason arrests direct byproduct of new CBA rules limiting voluntary workouts. More free time/less structure = more trouble.

  4. #4
    Have to wonder if this is really outside of the "norm" for the US. I mean, compare the size of the "company" (NFL) to ay other company or population. Teams can have something like 80 players right now, yes ? 80x32= 2560 players in total. Over a couple of months, out of 2560 people, there have been 31 arrests ?

    Back when I used to work in restaurants, it seemed like at least 1 employee got arrested each week for something or other. Most of the times, it was something "minor" such as Public Intoxication, disorderly conduct, DUI, yada, yada, yada. (Yeah, I hesitated to put DUI in there as it is actually serious, but it's something that can happen to anyone, even people who are normally "upstanding citizens". All it takes is a slight miscalculation by a person who by definition, is under the influence.)

    Anyways, is it a case of NFL players being "worse" than the average population ? Or is it that anything they do just garners more publicity ?

  5. #5
    Police have been good to us.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Yep, god knows what would happen if the Jets even had one arrest. Detroit has like 8 arrests and nobody gives a crap

    At least 8 DUIs by my count. Why don't these dummies get a cab or limo?
    Glad we don't have any nutty behaviour so far

  7. #7
    BUT WE'RE THUGZ GUISE! REMEMBER? JETS ARE TROUBLE-MAKERS!1!!


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Have to wonder if this is really outside of the "norm" for the US. I mean, compare the size of the "company" (NFL) to ay other company or population. Teams can have something like 80 players right now, yes ? 80x32= 2560 players in total. Over a couple of months, out of 2560 people, there have been 31 arrests ?

    Back when I used to work in restaurants, it seemed like at least 1 employee got arrested each week for something or other. Most of the times, it was something "minor" such as Public Intoxication, disorderly conduct, DUI, yada, yada, yada. (Yeah, I hesitated to put DUI in there as it is actually serious, but it's something that can happen to anyone, even people who are normally "upstanding citizens". All it takes is a slight miscalculation by a person who by definition, is under the influence.)

    Anyways, is it a case of NFL players being "worse" than the average population ? Or is it that anything they do just garners more publicity ?
    They are worse, much worse. Your workers are not told that if they get arrested the boss will take 1/4 of their yearly salary. Pro football players are much more likely to get a pass from a cop with the cop calling a cab etc than the average player. There is no miscalculation in DUI. Did you have more than 3, yes, don't drive. If you can not count up to three don't drive.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,367
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Police have been good to us.
    Thanks to Detective Swanson.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,367
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    They are worse, much worse. Your workers are not told that if they get arrested the boss will take 1/4 of their yearly salary. Pro football players are much more likely to get a pass from a cop with the cop calling a cab etc than the average player. There is no miscalculation in DUI. Did you have more than 3, yes, don't drive. If you can not count up to three don't drive.
    I used to drive back when I made $300 a week, and had no family. I was always the least drunk of my friends, who always wanted to go after hours. It was always under protest, and after I confirmed my friends couldn't possibly. I wouldn't drive now that I have a few bucks, and If I was making 200k there's no way I'm ever driving. If I made a million, I wouldn't even drive sober.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Yep, god knows what would happen if the Jets even had one arrest. Detroit has like 8 arrests and nobody gives a crap

    At least 8 DUIs by my count. Why don't these dummies get a cab or limo?
    I'd love for one media pundit, one, to rip into Jim Schwartz like ALL would have if it were Rex Ryan and the Jets in his situation.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us