Thread: More attention on Jets Pre-Season games cause of Tebow?

More attention on Jets Pre-Season games cause of Tebow?

I thought I was prepared for this but I can already see major sports media going bonkers for every Tebow completion in the pre-season and lord knows how the'll react to a TD throw. In the 24 hour world of "just make a story out of anything so we can keep this rolling" sports media (mainly ESPN) ... There's no way there won't be more stories and constant digging to try to find something that is not even there. With all the mess from last year, I can't begin to imagine how this won't be a distraction for some guys. If it gets crazy in the pre-season I could only imagine how its going to be in the regular season. For every Sanchez bad throw we'll see a tweet, blog mention, or sports jounalist on a talk show mentioning how Tebow is in the shadows and the Jets are dying for him to be in there and etc.

Does anyone think there's going to be more major coverage on the Jets pre season coverage over every other team? I mean Linsanity took over b ball and took attention from a Heat team that went under the radar winning like 11 in a row. Several players said all the Linsanity team was a great thing for them cause there was less attention on them from the media and they just got a chance to play the game and focus on that. Will other teams benefit from the Tebow distraction? You gotta thing what would be a national headline QB controversy or whatever might not even crack the surface cause of the multiple stories and coverage the Jets and Tebow will be getting. All in all I heard some people talking about this on Sirius radio and it really hit me how big of a distraction this could be to our team and also a benefit to others, even as early as the Pre Season.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I thought I was prepared for this but I can already see major sports media going bonkers for every Tebow completion in the pre-season and lord knows how the'll react to a TD throw. In the 24 hour world of "just make a story out of anything so we can keep this rolling" sports media (mainly ESPN) ... There's no way there won't be more stories and constant digging to try to find something that is not even there. With all the mess from last year, I can't begin to imagine how this won't be a distraction for some guys. If it gets crazy in the pre-season I could only imagine how its going to be in the regular season. For every Sanchez bad throw we'll see a tweet, blog mention, or sports jounalist on a talk show mentioning how Tebow is in the shadows and the Jets are dying for him to be in there and etc.

Does anyone think there's going to be more major coverage on the Jets pre season coverage over every other team? I mean Linsanity took over b ball and took attention from a Heat team that went under the radar winning like 11 in a row. Several players said all the Linsanity team was a great thing for them cause there was less attention on them from the media and they just got a chance to play the game and focus on that. Will other teams benefit from the Tebow distraction? You gotta thing what would be a national headline QB controversy or whatever might not even crack the surface cause of the multiple stories and coverage the Jets and Tebow will be getting. All in all I heard some people talking about this on Sirius radio and it really hit me how big of a distraction this could be to our team and also a benefit to others, even as early as the Pre Season.

The media attention in Denver last year got pretty intense. I mean, it seemed that every week, networks were doing whatever they could to get a Broncos game on the air. Sometimes, they even fought over who had the right to broadcast the game.

With that said, most of the attention was focused on Tebow, so, like with Linsanity, the other players weren't really affected by it very much. At least, that's the way it seemed to me. I say this because when you look back, there wasn't a lot said about all the dropped passes by WRs. Or the woeful pass protection from the Oline. It's not like every other player on the team was under a microscope by any means.

This year, there's a different dynamic at play with the whole "QB controversy" thing at play. Sanchez will be under a spotlight and level of scrutiny that he has never before experienced, and that's saying something when talking about a QB in the NY market.

In the end, this season really is up to Mark and how whether he will thrive under the pressure or wilt.

Its terrible that somebody would cheer on tebow when tebow plays well and not cheer on sanchez if he plays poorly. These people are insane i tell ya

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    see what happens when you start a Teblow thread here

In come the Te-bonehead cultists right on cue

pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    see what happens when you start a Teblow thread here

In come the Te-bonehead cultists right on cue

pathetic
    What's PATHETIC is that once again, a topic for discussion has been put forth and you've decided to weigh in and contribute absolutely nothing of substance.

Jets Insider VIP
    sorry, no time for your adoring chants for your sainted Timmy any more

This message is hidden because Demosthenes9 is on your ignore list.
    Last edited by sg3; 07-23-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Awwwwww, isn't that just precious.

All Pro
    What gets me most worked up is when the media get to interview a player and all they want to talk about is another player. That's where the whole Tebow circus impacts on other guys. You know the drill - "So, you're an undrafted free agent, fighting for a roster spot ... what do you think of playing on the same team as Tebow?".

I just hope the players know better than to start a whole discussion about something that really isn't important to them and not give the media any ammo to twist into misinformation.

All Pro
    It's impossible to have a discussion about Tebow without hurting the little feelings of the enlightened ones. I want to see Tebow do well. I also want to see see Gannaway and Baker do well. I'm most curious to see if Tebow can pass protect.

MAYBE. POSSIBLY.

All kidding aside, yes. It's a no-brainer. ESPN spent 30 minutes last August dissecting a Broncos preseason game against Dallas. It's coming and we'll have to deal with it, but like it or not, Tim Tebow will help this football team win, no matter what capacity it's in. It's about the Jets, not Tebow or Sanchez. The Jets.

may i give you khaleesi sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's impossible to have a discussion about Tebow without hurting the little feelings of the enlightened ones. I want to see Tebow do well. I also want to see see Gannaway and Baker do well. I'm most curious to see if Tebow can pass protect.
    It's hilarious to me that you can make that statement about the backup QB...and have it be a legitimate curiosity!

The press will make a big deal out of the Tebow stuff, but I'm hoping that Rex doesn't give Tebow very much time with the #1 offense at all. If he does, that just opens up the door for the inevitable distractions from Cimini and crew.