Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: We'll sweep the Pats this year...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I completely agree.

And don't forget that they didn't want to upset Bledsoe, so waiting until the 6th made perfect sense.

Most brilliant move of all-time.
    That's probably why they resigned Bledsoe to a 10 year, 103 million dollar contract the following year in 2001... it was to trick Bledsoe into thinking he had the job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly, who can't see from this pic that Brady was going to be a HOF QB?

Just look at all that potential.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly, who can't see from this pic that Brady was going to be a HOF QB?

Whats funny is that the Patriots reached out to Brady while at Michigan and told him to lay off the weights and come to the combine looking like a 14 year old boy. Tremendous foresight by the Pats on that one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Well the Pats have a much higher win % after spygate than before,a nd they have gone to two SB, losing in the last seconds. Before they won 3 Sbs in the last seconds,. all 5 games were close, they won 3 and lost 2, so I am not seeing your point. The win at a better rate now, than they ever did. Unless you think they only game they ever used whatever perceived advantage was the SB.

Not to mention, if you even believe Spygate had an advantage. (Which btw, no NFL coach has said is true, and in fact most have said it is what they do in the NFL), it affected the offense.

Well the Pats offensive production has been off the charts since spygate, scoring at the greatest rate in NFL history for 5 years, and having the most yards ever in the NFL over 5 years, so not only has it improved since spygate, it has shattered records.

So yeah it must have been a real advantage before, and the Pats have been struggling so much without it.
    Good points there Peter except that it is unclear if there is any real evidence to support the idea that the Patriots have actually stopped cheating since Spygate.

<perplexed>

I mean they "say" that they have stopped cheating......... They do actually "say" that..... The problem is that they have said a lot of things on that subject....

Sandusky "said" he never molested the children. The truthfulness of his claims was evaluated the same way that the truthfulness of the Patriots claims was evaluated. Do you see where i am going with this?

What about the children Peter? Who sticks up for them?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB and the Pats knew Brady was going to be a great, HOF NFL QB.

They also realized the other 31 teams would continue to pass on Brady (because they aren't as smart as the Pats).

BB and the Pats did not want to select Brady before the 6th round so they could save money on his rookie contract.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the Pats had a great drafting strategy in place when it came to Brady.
    LOL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Good points there Peter except that it is unclear if there is any real evidence to support the idea that the Patriots have actually stopped cheating since Spygate.
    Oh brother, I'd love to hear your theory on the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll as well 31.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

<perplexed>

I mean they "say" that they have stopped cheating......... They do actually "say" that..... The problem is that they have said a lot of things on that subject....

Sandusky "said" he never molested the children. The truthfulness of his claims was evaluated the same way that the truthfulness of the Patriots claims was evaluated. Do you see where i am going with this?

What about the children Peter? Who sticks up for them?
    The difference is that the Patriots never denied doing it. They owned up when asked...unlike Sandusky and New Orleans

If it were NO, they would have said that the Jets had the only tape.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh brother, I'd love to hear your theory on the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll as well 31.

This is a fun thread and I half suspect that was the OP's intention. I am just getting into the spirit of things doncha know

The search for truth never really ends.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The difference is that the Patriots never denied doing it. They owned up when asked...unlike Sandusky and New Orleans

If it were NO, they would have said that the Jets had the only tape.
    Ermm... then why keep the "black ops" program secret in the first place?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ermm... then why keep the "black ops" program secret in the first place?
    Not sure how it was black ops. As far as I remember, it was a guy with a large video camera shooting from the open sidelines.

Did the camera guy have some kind of camo on or fortified bunker? I don't recall any incident where anyone was caught low crawling under the barbed wire fences of the stadium

The fact is, they were asked, they admitted it, and they turned over the tapes. There was no denial on their part from what I know. The same can't be said for NO though.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I will take that as you have no valid explanation for a stupid comment that YOU made. And that I exposed your double-standard homerism.

Which is fine by the way. Just own it.
    Dipsh1t, you brought Sanchez into a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with Sanchez.

I said Brady didn't play well in the SB and the AFCCG. Now, what does Sanchez have to do with this? Again? It makes me a homer because?

Homerism or double standards doesn't explain why someone would question the logic behind your ridiculous post. Unless you are a complete and utter moron and continue to not get it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

I said Brady didn't play well in the SB
    Brady went 27/41, 66%, 276 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT and a QB rating of 93.1 in that Super Bowl and was one dropped pass away from his 4th Super Bowl ring.

Please explain to me how you think Brady "did not play well" in the Super Bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Brady went 27/41, 66%, 276 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT and a QB rating of 93.1 in that Super Bowl and was one dropped pass away from his 4th Super Bowl ring.

Please explain to me how you think Brady "did not play well" in the Super Bowl.
    Dumb ass, he threw a pick that changed the entire game and then couldn't move his team when it was needed. The lousy pass to Welker was icing on his game.

A perfect example where stats are misleading.

He didn't play well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Not sure how it was black ops. As far as I remember, it was a guy with a large video camera shooting from the open sidelines.

Did the camera guy have some kind of camo on or fortified bunker? I don't recall any incident where anyone was caught low crawling under the barbed wire fences of the stadium

The fact is, they were asked, they admitted it, and they turned over the tapes. There was no denial on their part from what I know. The same can't be said for NO though.
    The first rule of tape club was don't talk about tape club.

"We weren't taping your honor because this camera uses a Flash memory card"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a fun thread and I half suspect that was the OP's intention. I am just getting into the spirit of things doncha know
    Absolutely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Dumb ass, he threw a pick that changed the entire game and then couldn't move his team when it was needed. The lousy pass to Welker was icing on his game.

A perfect example where stats are misleading.

He didn't play well.
    Not his best game, but which QB played well against the Giants in the playoffs? I seem to remember the league MVP having an off day against them too (at least by his standards). Ryan was god-awful too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first rule of tape club was don't talk about tape club.

"We weren't taping your honor because this camera uses a Flash memory card"

I think they're probably streaming it by now... I think Apple has an I-Phone app called "CovertStream" for 1.99.
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 07-24-2012 at 02:17 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so if FootbalFan1 isn't YOU

then FootballFan1 has to be Guido Thricebannedski
    Good riddance to guido the gonad

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll settle for seeing us do something really unusual, like winning the conference

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    I'll settle for seeing us do something really unusual, like winning the conference
    You might want to set your sights on the AFCE first.