Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: We'll sweep the Pats this year...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wait a second, there is a poster on here that says defense is the only way to win a championship.

Are you saying he is wrong?
    Because which of those teams won the SB last year?

And the SB winner, their D didn't step up and help them win that SB?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pretty sad that Jets fans only hope of ever finishing ahead of the Pats in the AFCE is when Brady and Belichick retire.

Good luck the next 6 or 7 years.
    last time Brady was on a field he looked pretty mediocre. Actually he didn't play well his last 2 games. He's not what he once was. And wont come close to scaring anyone for 6 years

Bellichick never won without Brady, he'll quit when Brady is done. He's that special kind of garbage who would.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    last time Brady was on a field he looked pretty mediocre. Actually he didn't play well his last 2 games. He's not what he once was. And wont come close to scaring anyone for 6 years
    Do you even bother to watch football?

Brady threw for over 5,000 yards, 2nd most in NFL history, and 40 TD's last season.

But you say he is only "mediocre".

Jets fans are funny folks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Take away Brady and Gronk and that team scares no one. Jets are more talented all around. The Jets showed them what they can do when they come in motivated to play in the playoffs (2010) everybody in the media favored the Pats but the Jets came in with led by the kid who couldn't be denied that game, he made throw after throw and we won going away.

We all know their defense is garbage and has been for years ever since the cameras went away. It's become alarmingly evident that little Bill is no genius and more a product of systematic cheating and with a lot of help from his buddy Ernie Adams who happens to be the real genius in New England.

Jets just got a little sidetracked last year mostly due to Schittty, but it was more of a correction and not a true indicator of their true potential. Pats are cute, but the Jets will be better than them just like they were in 10 and 09 and even in 08 when Favre was healthy.

One thing's for sure, the Jets don't fear NE since Rex has been the coach here and we have beaten them when and where it counts.
    There's only 2 problems with your post:

1) You're right, NE isn't sh*t without Brady and Gronk, but having them makes all of the difference.

2) Spygate being exposed hasn't stopped them from getting preferential treatment from the refs (not using it as an excuse, just calling a spade a spade.)

Hall Of Fame

Bellichick never won without Brady, he'll quit when Brady is done. He's that special kind of garbage who would.
    Look, I hate the Patriots as much as anyone. What has Brady done to really lead you to believe that he will start to drop off so much? As long as he is healthy, he will continue to be one of the top 4 QBs in the league. He is an all-time great and has carried that team on his back for years.

Hall Of Fame
    If Brady was "mediocre" then what was Sanchez? His last pass he threw 2 yards behind a receiver 10 yards in front of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Do you even bother to watch football?

Brady threw for over 5,000 yards, 2nd most in NFL history, and 40 TD's last season.

But you say he is only "mediocre".

Jets fans are funny folks.
    And the pick in the SB followed by the sh1tty pass to Welker say so what. The old Brady marches the Pats down the field and wins that game. This Brady looks pathetic trying. Did you watch the game old man.

And unless you can show where I said anything about the season and didn't say his last two games you might have a point.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If Brady was "mediocre" then what was Sanchez?
    Love how you find a way to trash a Jet to jump in to defend a Patriot player that has nothing to do with the Jets.

Want to attempt to explain how what Sanchez is or isn't has anything to do with the discussion?

You suck at this, really.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    And the pick in the SB followed by the sh1tty pass to Welker say so what. The old Brady marches the Pats down the field and wins that game. This Brady looks pathetic trying. Did you watch the game old man.

And unless you can show where I said anything about the season and didn't say his last two games you might have a point.
    So you are using two games to try to prove your point and ignoring a monster season in which he threw for 5,000 yards and 40TDs with basically just a TE and a slot receiver?
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 07-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Look, I hate the Patriots as much as anyone. What has Brady done to really lead you to believe that he will start to drop off so much? As long as he is healthy, he will continue to be one of the top 4 QBs in the league. He is an all-time great and has carried that team on his back for years.
    Played un Brady like in his last two games, all I said.

That he couldn't do squat in the SB, couldn't move the Pats when they needed a game winning drive was not what we've come to expect.

You make your money in the tough playoff games, not by piling up stats vs the fins in the 4th quarter. To me what separated Brady from Manning is that while both had great regular seasons Brady came through when it counted and the same cant be said of Manning,

Real point is that there isn't a chance that he will play 6-7 years.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-24-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Love how you find a way to trash a Jet to jump in to defend a Patriot player that has nothing to do with the Jets.

Want to attempt to explain how what Sanchez is or isn't has anything to do with the discussion?

You suck at this, really.
    Just trying to understand how you rate QBs.

I would dare to suggest that Brady is better than Sanchez (I know. I am a terrible fan ). And if Brady can be referred to as "mediocre" then I would like to know what Sanchez could be referred to as.

And if someone's "last two games" can serve as a base for a legitimate prediction for their performance in 2012, then what is your prediction for Sanchez?

Hall Of Fame

That he couldn't do squat in the SB, couldn't move the Pats when they needed a game winning drive was not what we've come to expect.

Well you did actually say he is not what he once was, which is pretty comical considering the season he just had. The second bold quote from you is quite a back track.

Banned

The irony is a Jets fan calling Brady's last 2 games "mediocre" when your own QB completely $hit the bed in his last 3 games costing the Jets a playoff spot.

If Sanchez would have played like "mediocre Brady" in those last 3 regular season games, the Jets would have went 3-0.

That was his point, and it is valid.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just trying to understand how you rate QBs.

I would dare to suggest that Brady is better than Sanchez (I know. I am a terrible fan ). And if Brady can be referred to as "mediocre" then I would like to know what Sanchez could be referred to as.

And if someone's "last two games" can serve as a base for a legitimate prediction for their performance in 2012, then what is your prediction for Sanchez?
    Sanchez has nothing to do with the discussion. It was just another in a long line of stupid posts where you whine about a Jet.

Your routine is old.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The irony is a Jets fan calling Brady's last 2 games "mediocre" when your own QB completely $hit the bed in his last 3 games costing the Jets a playoff spot.

If Sanchez would have played like "mediocre Brady" in those last 3 regular season games, the Jets would have went 3-0.

That was his point, and it is valid.
    So if Sanchez sucked in those 3 games it makes Brady's last two mediocre performances better? Really? Is all you live for is for Brady to be better than his Jet counterpart?

Is your obsession that deep?

50K posts on a Jet site, defending Brady by comparing him to a 3rd year QB says YES.

The point is not valid, it's incredibly stupid and has nothing to do with Brady

You make your money in the tough playoff games, not by piling up stats vs the fins in the 4th quarter. To me what separated Brady from Manning is that while both had great regular seasons Brady came through when it counted and the same cant be said of Manning,

You don't think part of the reason why Brady played poorly in the Super Bowl (not exactly true since he was near perfect in the second half until he injured his shoulder, but let's go with it) was in part because Mankins was playing with a torn ACL and Gronk could barely walk which allowed the Giants to apply pressure up the middle and only really leaving Welker and Hernandez as Brady's only consistent targets? I know people on this board want to think that Gronk was faking it even going as far to get unnecessary offseason surgery to sell the lie, but he clearly wasn't himself.

As for how long Brady will play, we have no idea. With all the rules protecting the QB these days, we are not far off from seeing a QB play at a high level into his mid 40s. It may not be Brady, but Brady could play to his early 40s if he doesn't get a major injury. He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. The one thing going for him is that the thing that makes him great has to do with his mind more than his body.

Banned

Just want to clarify your definition of mediocre.

On the biggest stage in the NFL, Brady went 27/41, 66%, 276 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT and a QB rating of 93.1

Brady and the Pats were one droped pass away from another Super Bowl title.

But in your eyes, that performance was mediocre?

Rookie

Had nothing to do with his #1 Pro Bowl TE being hobbled. Nor his starting LG Pro Bowler Mankins having surgery after the game.

Seems like some people only see what they want to see.

Pats have been to 5 SB's recently and have won by 3,3,3, lost by 3 and 4.

Games are won and lost by 1 or 2 plays, a bounce of the ball, etc.

Brady said after the loss, "I'd rather make it to the SB and lose than NOT make it to the SB". With some luck, he'll get another chances to win one more Lombardi.

If Brady plays another 3-4 years most Patriot fans will be happy. Anything more than that will be gravy.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez has nothing to do with the discussion. It was just another in a long line of stupid posts where you whine about a Jet.

Your routine is old.
    I will take that as you have no valid explanation for a stupid comment that YOU made. And that I exposed your double-standard homerism.

Which is fine by the way. Just own it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Had nothing to do with his #1 Pro Bowl TE being hobbled. Nor his starting LG Pro Bowler Mankins having surgery after the game.

Seems like some people only see what they want to see.

Pats have been to 5 SB's recently and have won by 3,3,3, lost by 3 and 4.

Games are won and lost by 1 or 2 plays, a bounce of the ball, etc.

Brady said after the loss, "I'd rather make it to the SB and lose than NOT make it to the SB". With some luck, he'll get another chances to win one more Lombardi.

If Brady plays another 3-4 years most Patriot fans will be happy. Anything more than that will be gravy.
    how much flucking luck do you want in a lifetime? Tuck Rule? 6th Rd HOFer? Raven game in the AFCCG? stfu.
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 07-24-2012 at 12:15 PM.