Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 207

Thread: We'll sweep the Pats this year...

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    When was the last time the Jets swept the Pats?
    We won two out of three in 2010 didn't we? No we probably won't sweep them, but I'd rather win in the playoffs.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Take away Brady and Gronk and they don't scare anyone?!?

    What if you take away Sanchez and Keller? Well, the Jets will probably be fine in that scenario. But imagine if the Jets had a good QB and they took him away.
    Well that is the point. If Sanchez develops now that Shotty is gone we'll be a hell of a team. Even without him we're still good. When Brady retires you'll be back to the same old Pats with the big empty stadium.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well that is the point. If Sanchez develops now that Shotty is gone we'll be a hell of a team. Even without him we're still good. When Brady retires you'll be back to the same old Pats with the big empty stadium.
    The Pats have sold out every game since 1993. Also, they went to a Super Bowl in the 1996 season. Nice try though.

    Of course there is a chance after Brady is gone, the Pats have a chance of turning into the Jets - mostly mediocre to bad year after year with a few good seasons here and there.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    When was the last time the Jets swept the Pats?
    12 years ago.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The Jets, oh and the Ravens. Possibly the 49ers.
    I'm with you on the Jets and San Francisco, but not Baltimore. Take Ray Rice away from that offense and they're garbage, especially when Tyrod Taylor is in over Joe Flacco. What was Baltimore's record last year when Rice doesn't touch the ball 20+ times a game? 1-3? 0-3? Oofa.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats Suck!!!!


    It had to be said.


    And Brady takes it in the tail pipe too!


    That is understood and probably did not need to be said.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Pats are cute, but the Jets will be better than them just like they were in 10 and 09 and even in 08 when Favre was healthy.
    LOL! Are the Pats cute like you? It is adorable that you point out the Jets were better in 2008 than that Pats with Brady being out that entire season when Favre was healthy. Seriously, without Brady, the Pats should have lost the division by 4-5 games because the Pats are nothing without Brady. The Pats were the first team in 20 years to miss the playoffs with 11 wins because the Jets couldn't take care of business and beat the Dolphins for a chance to get the Wild Card.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    When was the last time the Jets swept the Pats?
    98, I think.

    We've split 4 of the last 6 years (which is reasonably competitive considering they've consistently been a league power) but it's a bold prediction to say we'll sweep them. I'd love it, but it's not likely.

    Don't get the OP either -- why would we take away their two best players?

    If you take away Brick and Mangold we're capable of getting shut out -- if you take away Revis and Cromartie, our elite secondary becomes pedestrian.

    But all six guys are playing, so what difference does that make.
    Last edited by Austin; 07-23-2012 at 09:03 AM.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post

    Of course there is a chance after Brady is gone, the Pats have a chance of turning into the Jets - mostly mediocre to bad year after year with a few good seasons here and there.
    I beg to differ. Jets have had mostly medicore to good years with a few terrible seasons here and there (in recent memory anyway.)

    Since 1997: 10 winning seasons, 2 .500 seaons, 3 losing seasons.

    It just doesn't seem like it because most of our winning seasons are 9 or 10 wins.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely nailed it.

    The Pats are an average team without Brady.

    This could very well be the year the 36 yr old Brady starts to break down, he already has a bum shoulder and his elbow have been issues the past couple of years.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    The draft showed me that they are very concerned about the 'D'.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Take away Brady and Gronk and that team scares no one. Jets are more talented all around.
    Preseason Power Rankings No. 18: New York Jets

    There are so many things that can go wrong for the Jets this season, from dysfunction in the locker room to Landry getting hurt to the lack of a consistent edge rusher, that it is hard to feel too bullish about their chances of pulling it off. It doesn’t help that there’s so much uncertainty at quarterback and early struggles for Sanchez will send the team directly into a full-blown quarterback controversy.

    We should know what we’re getting from the Jets pretty early in the season. Four of the first six games are at home, providing some comfort amid early matchups with the Steelers, 49ers, Texans and Patriots that will test the offense’s ability to move the ball well enough to win games. If the Jets don’t handle the early stretch, the second half will almost certainly be full of questions about how much longer Ryan will be in charge.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...new-york-jets/

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This could very well be the year the 36 yr old Brady starts to break down, he already has a bum shoulder and his elbow have been issues the past couple of years.
    Other than your optomistic homerisim, what facts prove that Brady will begin to "breakdown"?

    In case you missed it, last season he threw for over 5,000 yards, 40 TD's and yet another Super Bowl appearance.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Other than your optomistic homerisim, what facts prove that Brady will begin to "breakdown"?

    In case you missed it, last season he threw for over 5,000 yards, 40 TD's and yet another Super Bowl appearance.
    What is the over/under on the number of days this jackass troll gets banned again?

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    The Pats have sold out every game since 1993. Also, they went to a Super Bowl in the 1996 season. Nice try though.

    Of course there is a chance after Brady is gone, the Pats have a chance of turning into the Jets - mostly mediocre to bad year after year with a few good seasons here and there.
    Is that the year Parcells took over? Well when Brady goes, and little Bill goes with him you'll be right back to wearing bags on your heads. This stadium, I believe is a lot bigger than the old one.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Preseason Power Rankings No. 18: New York Jets

    There are so many things that can go wrong for the Jets this season, from dysfunction in the locker room to Landry getting hurt to the lack of a consistent edge rusher, that it is hard to feel too bullish about their chances of pulling it off. It doesn’t help that there’s so much uncertainty at quarterback and early struggles for Sanchez will send the team directly into a full-blown quarterback controversy.

    We should know what we’re getting from the Jets pretty early in the season. Four of the first six games are at home, providing some comfort amid early matchups with the Steelers, 49ers, Texans and Patriots that will test the offense’s ability to move the ball well enough to win games. If the Jets don’t handle the early stretch, the second half will almost certainly be full of questions about how much longer Ryan will be in charge.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...new-york-jets/
    Who wrote this? You should have stopped reading after the uncertainty at QB part. That's someone that knows nothing about football, or has an agenda, like you.

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Who wrote this? You should have stopped reading after the uncertainty at QB part. That's someone that knows nothing about football, or has an agenda, like you.
    I provided the link for the article.

    90% of the national media have the Jets between 15th-25th this year.

    And you seriously don't think there is "uncertainty" at QB position? Have you read the papers since Tebow got there?

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I provided the link for the article.

    90% of the national media have the Jets between 15th-25th this year.

    And you seriously don't think there is "uncertainty" at QB position? Have you read the papers since Tebow got there?
    I also read that the Pats were a lock to go 19-0. You know damn well Tebow is no QB. He's here for the wildcat, and to push Sanchez. If Mark doesn't step up this year, we'll look for a new QB next year. The media loves a controversy, and so do you.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 07-23-2012 at 09:34 AM.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I provided the link for the article.

    90% of the national media have the Jets between 15th-25th this year.

    And you seriously don't think there is "uncertainty" at QB position? Have you read the papers since Tebow got there?
    Pro football BS.com.

    Nice job troll

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think the Jets aren't going to win why watch?

    If you are 100% sure the Jets are going to lose on any given day why even bother??

    It's unlikely they could sweep the Pats.. But you are going to watch anyway and root for them because you think they could win...

    So lets go sweep the frigging Pats already...

    And lets knock off the Fish and Buffalodeans each while we are at it...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us