Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 100

Thread: Shooting

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Thanks, but don't worship me until I've earned it...
    I assure you Dean, you need not fear that.

    And I need not fear you ever earning it.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Only invalid if you assume that being LEO and/or ex-military makes you the ultimate expert on guns. DPF knows guns and there are certainly many hunters around these parts who'd prove you wrong. One of my BILs is an avid experienced hunter shooting anything from pheasant to bear and I am 100% certain he would have picked this nut off, despite the best efforts of crypto-liberals here to naysay it.
    Most of the hunters I know probably wouldn't carry a Remington or Winchester rifle into a movie theatre. Of course the ones I met up close and personal where from MA drunk on my property in Northern NH during Deer season.

    Never have seen a guy hunting Deer or Turkeys with a glock.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Most of the hunters I know probably wouldn't carry a Remington or Winchester rifle into a movie theatre.
    However they could carry a Desert Eagle .50....

    Please educate yourself on these matters before posting...



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mrB...eature=related
    Last edited by DeanPatsFan; 07-24-2012 at 03:09 PM.

  4. #64
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Given the opportunity, I could have taken him out while you ran away screaming with the rest of the women....
    LMAO

    Please someone find and insert an "Internet tough guy" pic here.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    However they could carry a Desert Eagle .50....

    Please educate yourself on these matters before posting...



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mrB...eature=related
    Great idea carrying a .50 caliber into a movie theatre.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    LMAO

    Please someone find and insert an "Internet tough guy" pic here.
    Here you go.... Some guy named Paulie...


  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Great idea carrying a .50 caliber into a movie theatre.
    Yes it would have been 2 days ago...

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Only invalid if you assume that being LEO and/or ex-military makes you the ultimate expert on guns. DPF knows guns and there are certainly many hunters around these parts who'd prove you wrong. One of my BILs is an avid experienced hunter shooting anything from pheasant to bear and I am 100% certain he would have picked this nut off, despite the best efforts of crypto-liberals here to naysay it.
    All due respect, but being a good hunter doesn't mean someone can excel in a tactical situation. Last I checked the deer aren't armed. I'd welcome your BiL or any of those hunter friends of yours to meet me up at Rodman's Neck to give it a whirl. Guarantee I beat them.

    Liberalism or conservatism doesn't matter an iota.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Most of these "experts" wouldn't know a 22 from a 12 gauge and would pee themselves at the thought of handling a gun, yet they know for sure that a person fully trained and and an expert shot could in no way take this mad man out with a high powered semi automatic pistol holding a 15 round clip...
    First off, I saw your DE comment and originally left it alone, but now I have to comment. Yes, a big caliber SA is nice, but it's a ***** to handle. Let's try to remember that for the most part, range luxuries like breathing and trigger control fly out the window in these circumstances, which magnifies the inherent inaccuracy of large caliber guns like the DE.

    I shot 6 boxes at the range today. Scored in the 90s with both my 9mm and .38. For sh!ts & giggles I went nuts at 7 yards and squeezed off rounds as fast as I could out of a rapid tactical draw. My score was less than desirable (but passing). That was at a paper target. Could someone make the Counter-Strike/Martin Riggs shots you're talking about? Sure, but it isn't a very large group, nor are many of them likely to be found in the civilian populace.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    All due respect, but being a good hunter doesn't mean someone can excel in a tactical situation. Last I checked the deer aren't armed. I'd welcome your BiL or any of those hunter friends of yours to meet me up at Rodman's Neck to give it a whirl. Guarantee I beat them.

    Liberalism or conservatism doesn't matter an iota.



    First off, I saw your DE comment and originally left it alone, but now I have to comment. Yes, a big caliber SA is nice, but it's a ***** to handle. Let's try to remember that for the most part, range luxuries like breathing and trigger control fly out the window in these circumstances, which magnifies the inherent inaccuracy of large caliber guns like the DE.

    I shot 6 boxes at the range today. Scored in the 90s with both my 9mm and .38. For sh!ts & giggles I went nuts at 7 yards and squeezed off rounds as fast as I could out of a rapid tactical draw. My score was less than desirable (but passing). That was at a paper target. Could someone make the Counter-Strike/Martin Riggs shots you're talking about? Sure, but it isn't a very large group, nor are many of them likely to be found in the civilian populace.
    JW, don't tell me you you havn't figured him out yet.

    He's a Shooter fanboi. Like all fanboi's, he thinks he knows the field or industry better than the guys who actually work it in the trenches, such as yourself. He thinks cause he popped off a few lolrounds in his big swinging cock 50. cal rifle and might be a range hanger-on, he's now a subject matter expert on tactical combat situations and first response. He'll blather on endlessly about his own skills, how he'd challenge any LEO and win, how may guns he's fired, etc, etc, etc.

    It's no different than any other laughably lolworthy supposed "expert" who only serves to make himself look foolish in the eyes of a real field or industry expert. I see it in my own fields of expertise all the time, the fanboi's just have to comment and tell me (the pro) how they (the fanboi) could do X, Y or Z better, faster, smarter ect. whilst using terms they think make them sound informed.

    The internet, it is full of such people.

    Don't waste your time man. We know you're the real deal, and he isn't.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    All due respect, but being a good hunter doesn't mean someone can excel in a tactical situation. Last I checked the deer aren't armed. I'd welcome your BiL or any of those hunter friends of yours to meet me up at Rodman's Neck to give it a whirl. .
    ================================================== =====

    Al York may care to differ with your statement.

    And all law enforcement members in the USA are civilians.

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    JW, don't tell me you you havn't figured him out yet.

    He's a Shooter fanboi. Like all fanboi's, he thinks he knows the field or industry better than the guys who actually work it in the trenches, such as yourself. He thinks cause he popped off a few lolrounds in his big swinging cock 50. cal rifle and might be a range hanger-on, he's now a subject matter expert on tactical combat situations and first response. He'll blather on endlessly about his own skills, how he'd challenge any LEO and win, how may guns he's fired, etc, etc, etc.

    It's no different than any other laughably lolworthy supposed "expert" who only serves to make himself look foolish in the eyes of a real field or industry expert. I see it in my own fields of expertise all the time, the fanboi's just have to comment and tell me (the pro) how they (the fanboi) could do X, Y or Z better, faster, smarter ect. whilst using terms they think make them sound informed.

    The internet, it is full of such people.

    Don't waste your time man. We know you're the real deal, and he isn't.
    But (and I know you'll appreciate this), I CAN"T HELP MYSELF!!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ================================================== =====

    Al York may care to differ with your statement.

    And all law enforcement members in the USA are civilians.
    Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know who that is.

    The word being bandied about is 'citizen', presumably meant to be exclusionary of LEOs. And that's not a completely honest statement by you as most LEOs are never "off-duty" like non-LEOs. But if you meant it in the sense that they are not military, then fine, they're civilians.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    JW, don't tell me you you havn't figured him out yet.

    He's a Shooter fanboi. Like all fanboi's, he thinks he knows the field or industry better than the guys who actually work it in the trenches, such as yourself. He thinks cause he popped off a few lolrounds in his big swinging cock 50. cal rifle and might be a range hanger-on, he's now a subject matter expert on tactical combat situations and first response. He'll blather on endlessly about his own skills, how he'd challenge any LEO and win, how may guns he's fired, etc, etc, etc.

    It's no different than any other laughably lolworthy supposed "expert" who only serves to make himself look foolish in the eyes of a real field or industry expert. I see it in my own fields of expertise all the time, the fanboi's just have to comment and tell me (the pro) how they (the fanboi) could do X, Y or Z better, faster, smarter ect. whilst using terms they think make them sound informed.

    The internet, it is full of such people.

    Don't waste your time man. We know you're the real deal, and he isn't.
    =============================================

    It's not a waste of time, and you and I have no idea if Dean could walk the walk or not, to simply dismiss his point of view is counter productive to the whole idea of a political discussion, as is calling him a fanboi and you the Pro (that part is just you being mean spirited), the discussion goes beyond you JW and Dean and me, 100s of folks read these posts and occasionally something is stated that has a real impact on how we view our world, by having an open an honest discussion we grow as individuals, well at least I feel I do then again I generally will bow out at about the time the name calling begins.

  13. #73
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,061
    Sergeant Alvin York was the most decorated soldier of WWI, he was a hill billy hunter who was drafted to serve in the army and became famous for his acts of skill and bravery.

    The point about civilians is that we all follow the same rules, laws, and one is not above the other. The average Joe is not beyond self sacrifice any more then those in law enforcement. We are all always on duty, or should be.

    All views are strictly my opinion and are subject to change.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    =============================================

    It's not a waste of time, and you and I have no idea if Dean could walk the walk or not, to simply dismiss his point of view is counter productive to the whole idea of a political discussion, as is calling him a fanboi and you the Pro (that part is just you being mean spirited), the discussion goes beyond you JW and Dean and me, 100s of folks read these posts and occasionally something is stated that has a real impact on how we view our world, by having an open an honest discussion we grow as individuals, well at least I feel I do then again I generally will bow out at about the time the name calling begins.
    Point is, this isn't an honest conversation. I can admit that the possibility that Dean is painting is real. As someone "in the field" I feel I am qualified in saying that it is, however, unlikely. Dean seems to think otherwise judging from his initial statements. That rings of a disingenuous conversation, aka fanboi-ism.

    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Sergeant Alvin York was the most decorated soldier of WWI, he was a hill billy hunter who was drafted to serve in the army and became famous for his acts of skill and bravery.
    And soldiering, which, as I'm sure both of us can agree upon, is not law enforcement or a reasonable approximation of urban tactical operations, recent military actions notwithstanding (the line has admittedly blurred somewhat recently).

    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    The point about civilians is that we all follow the same rules, laws, and one is not above the other. The average Joe is not beyond self sacrifice any more then those in law enforcement. We are all always on duty, or should be.

    All views are strictly my opinion and are subject to change.
    Not sure how the point about following laws is applicable here, tbh. The average Joe may not be beyond self sacrifice (as evidenced by some of the accounts about those who died in the theater), but among LEOs it is presumed.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not sure how the point about following laws is applicable here, tbh. The average Joe may not be beyond self sacrifice (as evidenced by some of the accounts about those who died in the theater), but among LEOs it is presumed.
    There's a handful of people I'd risk my life to save...

    Not afraid to admit it and I'd venture a guess most people feel the same way...

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    5,061
    The point about civilians that I am trying to make is there is no us and them, we are all part of the community, neighbors, fathers, brothers, drinking buddies, etc..

    Lawyers, fruit pickers, Doctors, carpenters, cops, are all on an equal plane.

    We all need each other.

    You are a good egg JW, as is the Fist.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    JW, don't tell me you you havn't figured him out yet.

    He's a Shooter fanboi.
    You're so full of sh*t, the toilet's jealous...

    Shooter fanboi? In your world civilians aren't as good of a marksman as LEOS?
    LMFAO..... Get your nose out of Jetwork's ass and wipe off your chin.

    Jetworks was/is? a LEO.. Great for him but I'd bet I've shot a heel of a lot more rounds in my life from a hell of a lot more rifles/pistols than he ever will..

  18. #78
    Wow very interesting thread and a real eye-opener for me. Not really exposed to much gun stuff out here so interesting so read about how the culture operates etc.

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    There's a handful of people I'd risk my life to save...

    Not afraid to admit it and I'd venture a guess most people feel the same way...
    Excellent point and I feel the same way. But it's not what I said. LEOs are not permitted to be so selective.

    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    The point about civilians that I am trying to make is there is no us and them, we are all part of the community, neighbors, fathers, brothers, drinking buddies, etc..

    Lawyers, fruit pickers, Doctors, carpenters, cops, are all on an equal plane.

    We all need each other.

    You are a good egg JW, as is the Fist.
    The community has a hierarchy, but I get what you are trying to say.

    Thanks g (heh), you're cool in my book as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    You're so full of sh*t, the toilet's jealous...

    Shooter fanboi? In your world civilians aren't as good of a marksman as LEOS?
    LMFAO..... Get your nose out of Jetwork's ass and wipe off your chin.

    Jetworks was/is? a LEO.. Great for him but I'd bet I've shot a heel of a lot more rounds in my life from a hell of a lot more rifles/pistols than he ever will..
    So, because he agrees with what I say and disagrees with you he's a kiss-ass? Really?

    You keep shifting the argument. First it was the average civilian with a gun, then it was shooting at the range makes you pro, now it's that you've shot a lot of different weapons mucho times so that = tactical experience. Keep spinning the wheels of your illogical argument.

    FTR, I am retired. I have shot: 5 calibers of pistol, 3 types of shotgun, 3 types of rifle and 6 SMGs. Oh, and I've had HIDTA, close quarter interdiction and executive protection training as well. But hey, guys like you can shoot up cans and deer like no one's business, so you must know better how to handle a situation like the one in Colorado.
    Last edited by Jetworks; 07-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Excellent point and I feel the same way. But it's not what I said. LEOs are not permitted to be so selective.
    Oh I know... Since I responded to your post I just thought it was implied that I agreed... My fault, as it wasn't as clear as how I thought it would come off...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us