Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: LeGarrette Blount

  1. #21
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,245
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not worth the headache

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Personally, I've never seen the guy play.

    All I know is what I read.

    I'm not going to base an opinion solely on "stats" like some people seem to like to do. I like the eye test to go along with stats. But his stats aren't bad. Especially when you consider that Tampa Bay's OL is ranked in the 2nd half among NFL teams. Much worse than the Jets.

    But his wacky behavior in college combined with his needing a car service to get to practice throws up all sorts of red flags.
    And the fact that Freeman, whom I'm a fan of, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat last season.

    And if anyone is going to deal with a "character concern", it will be this team.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He's definitely talented but could be a major head case.
    and if acts up cut him...We have McKnight, Ganaway and Powell.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    LeGarrette should LeGo f*ck himself.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,797
    Post Thanks / Like

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    And there it is. The infamous college incident.

    Kind of ****ty to cold cock someone but pretty funny at the same time. The guy was obviously trash talking and turned his head smiling, seemingly happy with whatever he had said, and then, BOOM! His smile went away.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

    According to the article, Blount could be let go soon ... although he has baggage / issues, would he have any value here? I ask mainly because so many people here are worried about our RB situation with Greene.

    Pass. Slightly better than Greene but the same exact type of player. In fact, he's even worse in the passing game than Greene.

    If the Jets get a RB, they need a guy who can help in the passing game as well. The more I think about it, the more I think the front office was foolish in not signing Peyton Hillis. He's a G&P back who can break a longer run than Greene and can catch/block in the passing game. Not a flashy player, but definitely a 3 down back.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kids the Jets drafted from Baylor is bigger and faster and will be better.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

    According to the article, Blount could be let go soon ... although he has baggage / issues, would he have any value here? I ask mainly because so many people here are worried about our RB situation with Greene.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    His play on the field certainly doesn't back up these reports off of it.

    Guy's a tank and will run for over 1,000 yards a season with ease if given another opportunity to be the No.1 back. He'd immediately be the best back on the roster, due to Greene's lack of ability to get things going early on in the season. Imagine those two together? Bruises all over for the defense.
    That's the upside.

    Reality is he's not always motivated, is unprofessional and in a sinful place like NYC lol will prolly have too much distractions to keep his mind on the game.

    Can you imagine Sparano asking players to explain their positional role and other positions' relative roles as well, then catching him snoring in class? lol This guy's too much of a headcase.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Don't think this is the type of player the Jets need right now
    +1
    Him and Santonio could be a nightmare in the locker room.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the worst starters in the league last year and has baggage to boot. lololol pass. He will end up in Dallas or Cinci and still suck.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Maybe because he had 65 less carries.
    Well DUH, if they ran at the same per carry clip and Blount ran for fewer yards how else would you explain the difference Einstein?

    Your point? Should be classic.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-24-2012 at 02:31 AM.

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blount is a solid power back, but he's nothing special.

    You could make the argument that he's better than Greene, but he's certainly not a dramatic upgrade.

    At this point, I'd rather just stick with what we have and see where it takes us.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us