Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash traded to the Rangers

Rick Nash traded to the Rangers

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st for Rick Nash.

Wow... I never thought they'd get there since the Rangers weren't willing to give up McDonagh/Kreider...

The 1st is nice, as is Dubinsky but the Jackets got fleeced here, or so it appears...

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like the Rangers won this trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow... didn't think this would get done!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Huge win for the Rangers! The most Valuable thing they gave up was the 1st round pick.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Huge win for the Rangers! The most Valuable thing they gave up was the 1st round pick.
    ....and that could be a real late 1st, based on where this team should end up.

Love it!!

All Pro
    Thank Gd Dolan doesn't like NYR as much as his beloved Knicks

All League
    One other thing.....
    PLEASE make this a superstar FA signing!!
    When was the last time we could say that about a NYR FA??
    It seems like forever ago.

I love Richards but he will never put up superstar numbers. I also don't consider Gaborik in that class. Too inconsistent. Close though.
    Nash can be that signing.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Rangers needed that. Good trade.

Now hopefully there'll be a 2012-13 season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow. I'm surprised this got done before the Weber deal was settled.

I'm not as inclined to say the Rangers "won" the trade or fleeced the Jackets.

First, I don't like losing Erixon. He was ready to take the next step this season. I was hoping the Rangers would keep him.

And I think Anisimov is ready to start a run of 20-25 goal seasons. He is entering his 4th full season in the NHL and he just turned 24.

Dubinsky was a goner. I won't miss him or his $4.2M cap hit nor the 1st rounder as, like someone said, it will be a low pick.

I think the key for the Jackets was Erixon.

Jackets fans probably hate the trade but I think they'll come to like Anisimov and love Erixon.

The bright side is the Rangers get a huge boost in offense from Nash. Not to mention his size. He's not afraid to use his large frame. I read that the Rangers are getting a 3rd round pick and a minor league dman back from the Jackets as well.

Could Shane Doan be next?

All League
    NYR Facebook post:

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has acquired forward Rick Nash, defenseman Steven Delisle and a conditional third round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft from Columbus in exchange for forwards Artem Anisimov and Brandon Dubinsky, defenseman Tim Erixon and a first round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like the fact the Rangers got Delisle. He's a big dude who can drop the gloves. He's strong in front of the net and is pretty solid defensively. Good +/- player. He's about to turn 22. Not a bad "oh by the way" throw-in.

in the playoffs it showed they need another scorer. they have enough young defensemen to give up Erixon. hopefully Kreider keeps it going. great trade

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised this got done before the Weber deal was settled.

I'm not as inclined to say the Rangers "won" the trade or fleeced the Jackets.

First, I don't like losing Erixon. He was ready to take the next step this season. I was hoping the Rangers would keep him.

And I think Anisimov is ready to start a run of 20-25 goal seasons. He is entering his 4th full season in the NHL and he just turned 24.

Dubinsky was a goner. I won't miss him or his $4.2M cap hit nor the 1st rounder as, like someone said, it will be a low pick.

I think the key for the Jackets was Erixon.

Jackets fans probably hate the trade but I think they'll come to like Anisimov and love Erixon.

The bright side is the Rangers get a huge boost in offense from Nash. Not to mention his size. He's not afraid to use his large frame. I read that the Rangers are getting a 3rd round pick and a minor league dman back from the Jackets as well.

Could Shane Doan be next?
    They won.

Howson is horrendous. Cant even get JT Miller or Christian Thomas from us?!?

Dubinsky is a nice mid-line player. He'll never be a top line player (well, technically he sorta will be there but you get what I mean)

Anisimov is as soft as a tissue. Some skill but the smallest physical presence of all time.

Erixon can become a top pair guy but we have 3 of those already and MDZ/McCilrath and hopefully Sauer.
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 07-23-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    the Delisle throw in is nice because it adds another bruiser (along with Asham and the guy from the Icelanders) to fill the hole left by Prust signing with the Habs

Nash will take a bunch of scoring pressure off Gabby (if he is healthy)

Good trade for the Rangers

who have gotten better this offseason while the Newark Devil Dogs have gotten worse with the loss of Parise

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who have gotten better this offseason while the Newark Devil Dogs have gotten worse with the loss of Parise
    You're a clown...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You're a clown...
    Losing Parise made Newark better???

Explain

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Losing Parise made Newark better???

Explain

You're in a Rangers thread, discussing an acquisition of a key player to the Rangers upcoming season...

It took your idiotic mind less than 30 seconds to shift focus to the Devils...

I'd say you're a clown, a loser and a troll who is no better than the posters on the Strip that he despises and spews venom toward on a fairly consistent basis... For trolling...

Oh the friggin' irony with you old man... I can't wait until a mod puts you out of your misery and you go back to TGG...

Jets Insider VIP
    You're in a Rangers thread, discussing an acquisition of a key player to the Rangers upcoming season...

I'd say you're a clown, a loser and a troll who is no better than the posters on the Strip that he despises and spews venom toward on a fairly consistent basis... For trolling...

Oh the friggin' irony with you old man... I can't wait until a mod puts you out of your misery and you go back to TGG...

Jets Insider VIP

Pretty funny really...Did I mention you.. No

Did I call YOU a moron or an idiot or old or any personal attack...NO

Did I whine to themods to get you banned....NO

Yet here you are on the thread of the Rangers..a Newark fan...so who is the TROLL.

You and the other 3000 Newark fans have a thread for them...STAY THERE