Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Matisyahu tonight at Paramount in Huntington

  1. #1
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,234
    Images
    38079

    Matisyahu tonight at Paramount in Huntington

    Who's going?

    Very psyched to see him, been wanting to for years.

    Just dusted off my yamaka!

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,790
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Who's going?

    Very psyched to see him, been wanting to for years.

    Just dusted off my yamaka!
    Have a great time!

    BTW, you know he left the Hasidim, right?

  3. #3
    I've always been a huge fan of his.

    This new album is definitely a different sound for him, I've listened to it a couple of times and also went to a free show he had in the city on Thursday (I'm also going to another free show he's having tomorrow).

    He's also becoming much more Modern Orthodox over being Hassidic. He shaved the beard back in December and has been performing without a kippa for a little while now.

    Also, just the fact that he is performing during the 9 day period says something too.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    I've always been a huge fan of his.

    This new album is definitely a different sound for him, I've listened to it a couple of times and also went to a free show he had in the city on Thursday (I'm also going to another free show he's having tomorrow).

    He's also becoming much more Modern Orthodox over being Hassidic. He shaved the beard back in December and has been performing without a kippa for a little while now.

    Also, just the fact that he is performing during the 9 day period says something too.
    You're losing your audience right quickly.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,948
    Will he be wearing a JetsInsider.com tshirt? Cuz I know I won't

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You're losing your audience right quickly.
    The 9 days is a period (occurring right now) when Orthodox Jews can't do many of the things they normally do. One of the things is that they essentially can't be a part of anything like a concert.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    The 9 days is a period (occurring right now) when Orthodox Jews can't do many of the things they normally do. One of the things is that they essentially can't be a part of anything like a concert.
    I know that - I was guessing that most others didn't.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Will he be wearing a JetsInsider.com tshirt? Cuz I know I won't


    I didn't get mine either. I blame 32.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,850
    Never heard of him, you tubed him, sounds good for a night.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Who's going?

    Very psyched to see him, been wanting to for years.

    Just dusted off my yamaka!
    Please, yarmulke. What a Goyishe kop.

  11. #11
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,234
    Images
    38079
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Have a great time!

    BTW, you know he left the Hasidim, right?
    Is that right? I did not know that.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Is that right? I did not know that.
    Yup. Just read that he had a foreskin graft. Getting stitches out in about two weeks.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Will he be playing Quadrophenia in its entirety?

    SAR I

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,254
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Will he be playing Quadrophenia in its entirety?

    SAR I

    Ok, not bad....

  15. #15
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Ok, not bad....


    Teds are all in for the Roger Daltry joke; I lolzd

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,234
    Images
    38079
    Show was awesome...didn't play a lot of his original stuff that made him famous but his new stuff is great. Its a small venue that was packed and the energy was incredible.

    Highly recommend seeing him. I hope he comes back.

    BTW: Without his Hacid getup he looks like a young beastie.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Show was awesome...didn't play a lot of his original stuff that made him famous but his new stuff is great. Its a small venue that was packed and the energy was incredible.

    Highly recommend seeing him. I hope he comes back.

    BTW: Without his Hacid getup he looks like a young beastie.
    I think he looks more like Vanilla Ice with the bleached blond hair he's sporting.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,623
    One time, in a previous life, I saw Matisyahu (back in 2006) in a synagogue in DC, and a group of us all went on a party bus. Welp, turns out, you can't dance on the "pews" in a temple during a Matisyahu show...we learned the hard way.

    Last time you let a bunch of drunk catholic college kids into a temple for a rock concert.

    **No offense to any Jewish folks, my girlfriend and family members through marriage are Jewish**

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    One time, in a previous life, I saw Matisyahu (back in 2006) in a synagogue in DC, and a group of us all went on a party bus. Welp, turns out, you can't dance on the "pews" in a temple during a Matisyahu show...we learned the hard way.

    Last time you let a bunch of drunk catholic college kids into a temple for a rock concert.

    **No offense to any Jewish folks, my girlfriend and family members through marriage are Jewish**
    That was the old Matis. This is the new Matis:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us