Thread: Ridiculous Trade I Just Made (let's liven up this damn forum)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous Trade I Just Made (let's liven up this damn forum)

I'm in a 12 team PPR dynasty league with my buddies at college, and here's the deal I just made.

I traded:
    +The #1 overall pick in the rookie draft (Trent Richardson)
    +DeMarco Murray
    +Beanie Wells
    +Shonn Greene
    +Dustin Keller
    +Ryan Kerrigan (this is an IDP league, not a team D/ST one)

I received:
    +Arian Foster
    +Marshawn Lynch
    +John Abraham
    +Third Round Pick

Whadya think? Who won the trade?

My offensive starting team now looks like this:
    QB: Schaub
    RB: Foster
    RB: Marshawn
    WR: Andre Johnson
    WR: Hakeem Nicks
    Flex: Brandon Lloyd
    TE: Jermichael Finley
    K: Gostkowski

Bench:
    Julio Jones
    Mike Williams Tampa
    Andy Dalton
    Ben Tate
    Randall Cobb
    Joel Dreessen
    Jon Baldwin
    Kendall Hunter
    Tim Hightower

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    well you got the best player in the trade (Foster), but you lost a lot of RB depth. you probably need to snag another RB in your draft and you gotta hope Schaub can stay on the field. but your team looks pretty strong, especially considering you have a really good WR corp for a PPR league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This trade is difficult to rate which means that it was probably fairly even. T. Rich and D Murray are potentially top 12 picks in a standard 12 team format. Foster is Arguably the top player this season. Lynch can be a beast but he can be a dud as well. I'm concerned about his motivation this season after signing the big contract. Wells, Keller and Green are solid depth guys. Your team can use an upgrade at the QB position. You also lack depth at the RB position. I would start Jones over Lloyd.

I would target the rookie RB on Tampa in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I'm in a 12 team PPR dynasty league with my buddies at college, and here's the deal I just made.

I traded:
    +DeMarco Murray
    +Beanie Wells
    +Shonn Greene
    +Dustin Keller

I received:
    +Arian Foster
    +Marshawn Lynch
    +John Abraham
    +Third Round Pick

Bench:
    Julio Jones
    Mike Williams Tampa
    Andy Dalton
    Ben Tate
    Randall Cobb
    Joel Dreessen
    Jon Baldwin
    Kendall Hunter
    Tim Hightower

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it depends on how good you think Trent Richardson is going to be, and whether you think DeMarco Murray was a flash in the pan last year.

To be honest, I kind of like the trade for him. Arian Foster has been a beast but I have a sneaky feeling he's going to see his TDs vultured more and more often.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I think it depends on how good you think Trent Richardson is going to be, and whether you think DeMarco Murray was a flash in the pan last year.

To be honest, I kind of like the trade for him. Arian Foster has been a beast but I have a sneaky feeling he's going to see his TDs vultured more and more often.
    And that's why I have Ben Tate.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    This trade is difficult to rate which means that it was probably fairly even. T. Rich and D Murray are potentially top 12 picks in a standard 12 team format. Foster is Arguably the top player this season. Lynch can be a beast but he can be a dud as well. I'm concerned about his motivation this season after signing the big contract. Wells, Keller and Green are solid depth guys. Your team can use an upgrade at the QB position. You also lack depth at the RB position. I would start Jones over Lloyd.

I would target the rookie RB on Tampa in the draft.
    I heeded your advice on upgrading at QB. Trade I just made:

Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, Jon Baldwin

for

Drew Brees, third round pick, fourth round pick.

Here's my logic. Schaub was awful before he was injured last year. He only had one game where he threw for three touchdowns. Andre Johnson is probably on the decline now and in a dynasty league that has diminished value. I am deep at wideout so he was very expendable for the right price. In return, I get Brees, in a POINT PER COMPLETION league - and I get draft picks and youth. Think about that for a second. Drew Brees is probably the most valuable player in the whole league (aside from maybe Rodgers) and I got him and a few draft picks for trading away two players (Jon Baldwin is in KC which is almost fantasy oblivion for a WR) I wasn't high on. I'm very happy.

Here's how my team currently looks:

QB: Drew Brees
    RB: Arian Foster
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    WR: Julio Jones
    *and a bunch of individual defensive players

Bench:
    Mike Williams Tampa
    Andy Dalton
    Ben Tate (how perfect is it that I have both Foster and Tate? Tate is probably the best backup/handcuff option in the league)
    Randall Cobb
    Joel Dreessen (very high on him as a sleeper. Did very well in HOU as a backup and now will have Peyton throwing to him)
    Kendall Hunter
    Tim Hightower

And I have about 5 draft picks and I'm researching now who I like and who fits my team (for example, Nick Toon, who was just drafted by the Saints, and the RB Seattle drafted in round four who had a prolific college career).

Very pleased with my team at the moment, especially after being the worst team in the league last year. You'd be shocked if I showed you my original roster compared to what it looks like today.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MCBNY; 07-27-2012 at 10:27 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heeded your advice on upgrading at QB. Trade I just made:

Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, Jon Baldwin

for

Drew Brees, third round pick, fourth round pick.

Here's my logic. Schaub was awful before he was injured last year. He only had one game where he threw for three touchdowns. Andre Johnson is probably on the decline now and in a dynasty league that has diminished value. I am deep at wideout so he was very expendable for the right price. In return, I get Brees, in a POINT PER COMPLETION league - and I get draft picks and youth. Think about that for a second. Drew Brees is probably the most valuable player in the whole league (aside from maybe Rodgers) and I got him and a few draft picks for trading away two players (Jon Baldwin is in KC which is almost fantasy oblivion for a WR) I wasn't high on. I'm very happy.

Here's how my team currently looks:

QB: Drew Brees
    RB: Arian Foster
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    WR: Julio Jones

Bench:
    Mike Williams Tampa
    Andy Dalton
    Ben Tate (how perfect is it that I have both Foster and Tate? Tate is probably the best backup/handcuff option in the league)
    Randall Cobb
    Joel Dreessen (very high on him as a sleeper. Did very well in HOU as a backup and now will have Peyton throwing to him)
    Kendall Hunter
    Tim Hightower

And I have about 5 draft picks and I'm researching now who I like and who fits my team (for example, Nick Toon, who was just drafted by the Saints, and the RB Seattle drafted in round four who had a prolific college career).

Very pleased with my team at the moment, especially after being the worst team in the league last year. You'd be shocked if I showed you my original roster compared to what it looks like today.

Thoughts?

wow you robbed him there IMO. Brees is worth way more then that. The 1st one I wasn't a fan of but I get it as a win now kinds thing. Wells will be a stud IMO, Greene is a solid RB, and Trent has star potential. Anyone of them would have helped you in the flex spot. Foster is gold but Lynch to me is high risk on a bad team. End of the year I'm not sure Lynch will be worth anything in fantasy. I don't think he really cares about football anymore either but that is more of a personal opinion. I just would not want him.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 07-27-2012 at 11:24 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    wow you robbed him there IMO. Brees is worth way more then that. The 1st one I wasn't a fan of but I get it as a win now kinds thing. Wells will be a stud IMO, Greene is a solid RB, and Trent has star potential. Anyone of them would have helped you in the flex spot. Foster is gold but Lynch to me is high risk on a bad team. End of the year I'm not sure Lynch will be worth anything in fantasy. I don't think he really cares about football anymore either but that is more of a personal opinion. I just would not want him.
    I agree about Lynch. Seattle will have a hard time scoring this season and Lynch just got paid. I think beast mode may have been a one year wonder. I love the Brees trade though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to dump Lynch while his value is still high. Sell high.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to dump Lynch while his value is still high. Sell high.
    Hold him.

Let's see the D.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I traded:
    +DeMarco Murray
    +Beanie Wells
    +Shonn Greene
    +Dustin Keller

I received:
    +Arian Foster
    +Marshawn Lynch
    +John Abraham
    +Third Round Pick

Bench:
    Julio Jones
    Mike Williams Tampa
    Andy Dalton
    Ben Tate
    Randall Cobb
    Joel Dreessen
    Jon Baldwin
    Kendall Hunter
    Tim Hightower
    traded depth for Foster...but i think you need RB Depth...that can be accomplish though via waivers...not a bad trade