Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies everyone but you liked

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by edcopp View Post

I railed against Gladiator with everyone when it came out. Sucked.

My vote for worst movie of all time is Armageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

Both of them!

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 07-27-2012 at 02:24 PM.

The Titanic - OK CHICK FLICK even so it wasn't good at all.

Matrix any of them. - It was Johny Mnemonic only with a even dumber plot. I kept waiting for the talking dolphin to show up. My friends said I just didn't get it but I have a higher IQ then the ones that actually liked that POS.

American Pie - Seriously I didn't laugh once at this movie. Cringe yes but that is not laughing.

Avitar - That was a complete POS. I was told that I only hated it because I can't see 3D movies. Not sure why but the new 3D just doesn't work for me. A POS in 3D is still just a POS.

Any comedy with Jim Carey. I just don't think he is funny. Out side of Lier Lier I just think he is not funny. He was also just freaky scary in the Grinch to me. I did love his Fire Marshal Bill sets on SNL back in the day.

Veteran
    Pulp Fiction ... everyone was laughing so hard in the movie theatre I had a gut reaction of hate to this movie that played so hard to the crowd ...

I know, I know, hate me Mo'Fo's ... bring it on ....

Oh yeah Ill add The Lord of The Rings. Lord of the G String was much better. Honestly one of my angry drunk alcoholic friends made me watch this and to this day I tell him he owes me 10 hrs of my friggen life back. Worst movie trilogy ever. Must have blocked it from my mind.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Pulp Fiction ... everyone was laughing so hard in the movie theatre I had a gut reaction of hate to this movie that played so hard to the crowd ...

I know, I know, hate me Mo'Fo's ... bring it on ....
    I'm guessing Brokeback is in your top ten...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Oh yeah Ill add The Lord of The Rings. Lord of the G String was much better. Honestly one of my angry drunk alcoholic friends made me watch this and to this day I tell him he owes me 10 hrs of my friggen life back. Worst movie trilogy ever. Must have blocked it from my mind.
    I agree, just awful

Jets Insider VIP
    Avatar (most pretentious, overrated piece of crap I've seen)
    Gran Torino (movie completely blows outside of Eastwood)
    American Beauty
    The Green Mile
    Donnie Darko
    Requiem for a Dream

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think I hate any movies but I'll give it a try.

GFY to whoever hated Inception. Best. Movie. Ever.
    Defend.
    It was different, and a little cerebral, but it basically boiled down to a heist movie. A far cry from mind-blowing or anything of that ilk. Marks the first time I didn't want to reach through my screen and choke Ellen Page.

Definitely +1 on the Matrix.

I don't get the hate for the original Star Wars series. I don't know that any SciFi type movie has ever been regaled as cinematic masterpieces. They are just fun SciFi movies with interesting stories/legend to it. Aside from the further development of the story lines, I didn't enjoy the newer films. The obvious differences in production quality was a huge distraction as was the times where it got entirely too stupid with dialogue, Jar-Jar Binks sequences, etc. Otherwise, I don't get the outrage.

Someone mentioned earlier, Goodfellas. Can't begin to understand what makes that so great.

Otherwise I tend to generally stay away from those types of movies as I can usually imagine they will be of teh suck.

Another candidate could be Jarhead, but I'm not sure anyone actually did like that. Similarly, I didn't really enjoy The Hurt Locker as much as everyone else did. I feel like if there was a point to that movie, I missed it entirely. It wasn't that I disliked it as much as I was surprised it was nominated for the Oscar let alone won.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Avatar (most pretentious, overrated piece of crap I've seen)
    Gran Torino (movie completely blows outside of Eastwood)
    American Beauty
    The Green Mile
    Donnie Darko
    Requiem for a Dream
    You obviously don't like movies.

I'd love to see the list of movies you actually like.

The Hurt Locker had a few very concise points... To sum up the main one that I saw, he's a war junkie to the fullest extent you can be...and doesn't want nor know a life outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

+1

Jets Insider VIP

I love tons of movies.

Avatar? What the hell was so special about this movie? I'm a huge fan of James Cameron's early work (Aliens and the first two Terminator films are among my all time favorites), but this was terrible. One of the most cliche storylines that has been done to death (Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai, Pochahontas, Fern Gully, etc), I couldn't have cared less about a single character in the movie, some of the corniest dialogue you can imagine, and a political message that is constantly shoved down your throat at every turn. Gee, it sure did have some pretty colors though.

And Gran Torino? That movie was hot garbage outside of Clint Eastwood's performance.

Requiem for a Dream? It's like this movie is considered a masterpiece just because it makes you wanna stay away from hard drugs.

I love tons of movies.

Avatar? What the hell was so special about this movie? I'm a huge fan of James Cameron's early work (Aliens and the first two Terminator films are among my all time favorites), but this was terrible. One of the most cliche storylines that has been done to death (Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai, Pochahontas, Fern Gully, etc), I couldn't have cared less about a single character in the movie, some of the corniest dialogue you can imagine, and a political message that is constantly shoved down your throat at every turn. Gee, it sure did have some pretty colors though.

And Gran Torino? That movie was hot garbage outside of Clint Eastwood's performance.

Requiem for a Dream? It's like this movie is considered a masterpiece just because it makes you wanna stay away from hard drugs.
    American Beauty and Donnie Darko gave you away bro.

How about that list of sh!t you do like...

Jets Insider VIP
    American Beauty and Donnie Darko gave you away bro.

How about that list of sh!t you do like...
    Blade Runner
    Alien
    Aliens
    Jaws
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    The Godfather
    The Godfather Part II
    Goodfellas
    Once Upon a Time in America
    The Big Lebowski
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    Once Upon a Time in the West
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    Chinatown
    The Thing (1982)
    The Terminator
    Terminator 2
    George Romero's "Dead" trilogy
    The original Star Wars trilogy
    True Romance
    The Professional
    Caddyshack
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    Fight Club
    Seven
    The Silence of the Lambs
    Inception
    Memento
    The Shining
    Taxi Driver
    Back to the Future
    Saving Private Ryan
    Braveheart
    Die Hard
    Fargo
    The Deer Hunter
    Snatch
    Rocky
    A Fistful of Dollars

And about 100 others.

You don't like A Few Dollars More?

Blasphemy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You don't like A Few Dollars More?

Blasphemy.

I should've just said the "Dollars" trilogy.

I should've just said the "Dollars" trilogy.
    I'm a huge Eastwood fan myself. Unforgiven and The Good the bad and the ugly are both in my top 50. Also you want a good laugh watch both A Fistful of Dollars and Last Man Standing back to back. They are identical just in different time frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post
    Defend.
    It was different, and a little cerebral, but it basically boiled down to a heist movie. A far cry from mind-blowing or anything of that ilk. Marks the first time I didn't want to reach through my screen and choke Ellen Page.

Definitely +1 on the Matrix.

I don't get the hate for the original Star Wars series. I don't know that any SciFi type movie has ever been regaled as cinematic masterpieces. They are just fun SciFi movies with interesting stories/legend to it. Aside from the further development of the story lines, I didn't enjoy the newer films. The obvious differences in production quality was a huge distraction as was the times where it got entirely too stupid with dialogue, Jar-Jar Binks sequences, etc. Otherwise, I don't get the outrage.

Someone mentioned earlier, Goodfellas. Can't begin to understand what makes that so great.

Otherwise I tend to generally stay away from those types of movies as I can usually imagine they will be of teh suck.

Another candidate could be Jarhead, but I'm not sure anyone actually did like that. Similarly, I didn't really enjoy The Hurt Locker as much as everyone else did. I feel like if there was a point to that movie, I missed it entirely. It wasn't that I disliked it as much as I was surprised it was nominated for the Oscar let alone won.
    The Hurt Locker is the best edited movie I've ever seen. The only time I've ever thought to myself during a film "Damn, whoever cut this together did an amazing job."

I've never read The Lord of the Rings trilogy, but the movies are masterpieces in my opinion. Some people just have an inherent aversion to fantasy.

I have read the the Harry Potter books. The movies vary greatly in quality. The last two and the third are actually good films. The rest? I give credit to the people involved for doing as good a job as they did. It's something that easily could have been completely botched and wasn't.

No one thinks that the Transformers movies are any good. Michael Bay gets hired because he makes movies with big explosions and brings them in under budget, not because he's a quality director (though I suppose being an efficient manager is a talent of some sort).

I think Lost in Translation is great, but I knew what I was getting into beforehand. A lot of people saw that Bill Murray was in it and made assumptions.

The Spiderman movies are all overrated. They're not bad, I'd even say that the first two are good. But I roll my eyes when people say that Spiderman 2 is the best superhero movie ever made.

Avatar is another movie that I've never heard anyone say was great. It's a good, though cliche-ridden movie. I'll always view it as a proof of concept more than anything else. The technology was impressive, and I don't understand the people that argue otherwise. Now someone else needs to take that technology and do something with it.

Titanic just isn't for me. It's a very pretty movie, and that's what gets me through when someone else wants to watch it. "Luck" a show that was on HBO earlier this year, was a TV show that I watched just to stare at it.

I hate Twilight. Unfortunately, though I was able to avoid the books, there was no escaping exposure to the movies. I have seen all of them. I continue to maintain that there is more good than bad in the first one. The 2nd is on my shorlist for "Worst Movie Ever." The rest are terrible, but no 0-16 Lions bad.

The original Star Wars trilogy, while vastly superior to the prequels, are very important movies that are revered as "great" purely out of nostalgia. They're good, they were unlike anything people had seen before...they're not great movies.

Napoleon Dynamite sucks. It is a terrible movie that all of my friends tried to convince me was great. Whatever

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I'm guessing Brokeback is in your top ten...
    Hey, you're the one living in Nebraska cowboy

Matrix- fugging horrible.

Every Star Wars movie ever made- unwatchable garbage.

LOTR - great

Lost in translation was quirky and good.