Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jets trade for T Jeff Otah

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by DBarrett=all<3 View Post
    Patriots win on regular season. They won an AFCCG. Jets advanced further 2 out of 3 years including ousting the Patriots personally. Jets have more playoff wins. The Jets have finished higher 2 out of 3 years, which is the true measuring stick - you are overvaluing the regular season. It's COMPARABLE.
    Can we save this for a different thread. This thread is about Otah.

And Poles.

So if you have a picture of a stripper....or some dude named Stanislaw, by all means post them. Otherwise, lets talk Right Tackles. On second thought, lets skip Stanislaw.

Strippers or Right Tackles.

Thankee.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What's so crazy about that?

I personally love the trade, but it would be completely retarded to ignore Otah's health issues.

The guy has missed 30+ games in the last two years.

I view this move in the same light as the Landry signing.

When healthy, he's a damn good player that can make a significant difference.

Problem is, when is he healthy?
    Because he called Jet fans ****ing morons for liking a no risk, at least decently high return move.

Thats what makes them dumb sh1t fans. No one is saying he will turn into a pro bowler. But hey, I'd bet the house that the same sh1thead laughed his ass off at the Maybin signing and every other sign, trade or draft pick by the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    You should see him on his (thankfully rare) forays into the politics board.

I convinced SG is Jerome from the Bronx
    I'll admit, Jerome from the Bronx went entirely over my head.

But if I was to bet, I'd say the guy is a complete doosh bag.

Am I close?

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    You should see him on his (thankfully rare) forays into the politics board.

I convinced SG is Jerome from the Bronx
    Its Jerome from Manhattan

Anyways for anyone who doesn't get the reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb8xLTf9oeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMv2K_VN61k

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'll admit, Jerome from the Bronx went entirely over my head.

But if I was to bet, I'd say the guy is a complete doosh bag.

Am I close?

says the shut-in with over 50,000 posts on a message board.

D-bag loser, get a life.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    says the shut-in with over 50,000 posts on a message board.

D-bag loser, get a life.
    child please

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    Posted May 25, 2012

They've waited for him to heal, and hoped he'd keep himself in shape. But the Panthers latest attempt to get something out of right tackle Jeff Otah was evident when they lined him up with the second line during the first week of OTAs.

They've waited for him to heal, and hoped he'd keep himself in shape.

But the Panthers latest attempt to get something out of right tackle Jeff Otah was evident when they lined him up with the second line during the first week of OTAs. They used former undrafted rookie Byron Bell with the first team, leaving the former first-round pick as a reserve.

In one respect, it makes sense. Otah has played just four games the last two seasons because of knee and conditioning issues. So to count on him as a starter requires a leap of faith they're not ready to make.

However, some in the organization think Otah's biggest issue is toughness, or a lack thereof. Many thought he'd have been able to come back more quickly from the knee problems that plagued him in 2010, but he couldn't push through.

When Ron Rivera hired his coaching staff last year, he added long-time war-horse tackle Ray Brown as an assistant offensive line coach, in part to try to reach Otah. The thinking was, the 20-year NFL vet could teach Otah about playing through pain, as he so often did during his career.

But Otah played just four games last year, and when the left knee issues cropped up again, they placed him on injured reserve.

The effort to reach him is for a good reason. When well, Otah has the potential to be a dominant run blocker. Listed at 6-6, 330 pounds, he has the kind of power to anchor a run game (as he did in 2008). But if he's not on the field, his draft status alone isn't going to save him any longer.

That's clear if they're working him behind Bell, one of last year's projects that ended up starting 12 games last season when injuries took out the backups they expected to use.

Teammates say he's been a regular in offseason workouts, and appears to be in good shape.

As if Otah needs any more motivation, he's entering a contract year. If he could play to the level he displayed as a rookie, he could potentially cash in next offseason

http://car.scout.com/2/1189423.html
    Great pick up by the Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because he called Jet fans ****ing morons for liking a no risk, at least decently high return move.

Thats what makes them dumb sh1t fans. No one is saying he will turn into a pro bowler. But hey, I'd bet the house that the same sh1thead laughed his ass off at the Maybin signing and every other sign, trade or draft pick by the Jets.
    The guy has a point...4 games in 2 years and couldn't get pushed by line coach brown.

even if he plays in 10 games per year and is an above average starter it's worth it. RT is the worst starting slot on the team, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Over the past 3 years, the Pats have 3 AFCE titles, an AFC Conference chamionship and another Super Bowl appearance.

The Jets have none of those.

How can you say with a straight face that the two teams have been "comparable" over the last 3 years?
    Division wins mean nothing you jackassd Pats

2 AFCCG's, beat the Pats on year to get there and finished better than the Pats in both years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

I totally agree that some Jet fans can be brittle, why else would you be a fan of a team that hasn't won jacks#it in 44 years, but that also makes them fiercely loyal which is a rare commodity these days.

IDK if Otah's former team coddled him or brow beat him, either way I trust Rex's initial read in giving this guy a shot. Camp is about to start, let's see if he can get past what sounds like a mental issue & not be afraid to get in the game and Play Like A Jet. (-;

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I totally agree that some Jet fans can be brittle, why else would you be a fan of a team that hasn't won jacks#it in 44 years, but that also makes them fiercely loyal which is a rare commodity these days.

IDK if Otah's former team coddled him or brow beat him, either way I trust Rex's initial read in giving this guy a shot. Camp is about to start, let's see if he can get past what sounds like a mental issue & not be afraid to get in the game and Play Like A Jet. (-;
    You always have a good attitude. You should be a motivational speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Division wins mean nothing you jackassd Pats

2 AFCCG's, beat the Pats on year to get there and finished better than the Pats in both years.

Actually, AFCC losses mean nothing too. Nothing to brag about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You always have a good attitude. You should be a motivational speaker.

Matt Foley, motivational speaker that lives in a van down by the river. Classic Farley and what a shame he fell under the SNL curse and died way too young.

Anyway, why shouldn't the team take a shot? Everybody is screaming for Hunter & Ducasse to be replaced. Now everybody wants to complain about the team trying to replace them?

Men, lol.

BTW does anyone know if this guy can play Center? Jets still need a viable backup there.
    Last edited by Limolady; 07-24-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Matt Foley, motivational speaker than lives in a van down by the river. Classic Farley and what a shame he fell under the SNL curse and died way too young.

Anyway, why shouldn't the team take a shot? Everybody is screaming for Hunter & Ducasse to be replaced. Now everybody wants to complain about the team trying to replace them?

Men, lol.

BTW does anyone know if this guy can play Center? Jets still need a viable backup there.
    He's too big to be a center, IMO. If he can get motivated, like you said, AFC look out, the ground and pound times are back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He's too big to be a center, IMO. If he can get motivated, like you said, AFC look out, the ground and pound times are back.
    You mean too fat to be a Center? (-: Isn't Mangold like 6'5"? Whatever, the team needs beef on the O line and Otah looks the part, I say give him a chance to play it.

Edit - Mangold is 6 4 and 307 pounds. Still need a viable backup at Center.
    Last edited by Limolady; 07-24-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why would you take the best RT on the roster and make him into a backup center???

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Funny, you didn't think much of it when Tx posted the same crap.

Suck it, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    even if he plays in 10 games per year and is an above average starter it's worth it. RT is the worst starting slot on the team, by far.
    If he plays in ten games at a high level it is a huge steal. All this signing signifies is a shot in the dark. No jet fan should think that this guy is going to start 10 games and play well. If he does, then it will be a pleasant surprise.

And FS is the weakest position on the jets. Hunter had a bad year last year, but the jets don't have a FS. The jets are fortunate to have Revis and Cro at corner, which is akin to keeping a TE in to help hunter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Who are you to say what games mean something or not? If only SB wins mean anything then the Pats have never legitimately won anything. Never