Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From today's MMQB

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    People said the same thing about the "lucky" Jets in the Chargers playoff game - how can a guy miss all three of his field goal attempts, including a 36 and a 40-yarder?? And that was a 3-point game.

The Jets ranked 32nd in opponents' FG% last year, but in 2010 they ranked 16th, and in 2009 they were the 3rd "luckiest" team in the league wrt to field goals against. Over the entire course of the Rex era, the Jets are smack dab in the middle of the road, with an average ranking of 17th. For comparison, the Pats' average ranking over that period is 10th.

Last year was rough, but overall the Jets aren't particularly lucky or unlucky when it comes to field goals.
    But we're talking about last year - not the luck that the Jets have experienced in their history. If you want to discuss the Jets fortuity of their FG% against in 2009, by all means, start the thread. It will provide for riveting discussions, I'm sure. You can even make it a mega thread and provide other teams, besides the Jets, FG% against for an even more vibrant discussion. Feel free to start with the Pats.

Bottom line, having your opponents go 29-30 in FGs, including 13-14 from 40+ is noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    But we're talking about last year - not the luck that the Jets have experienced in their history. If you want to discuss the Jets fortuity of their FG% against in 2009, by all means, start the thread. It will provide for riveting discussions, I'm sure. You can even make it a mega thread and provide other teams, besides the Jets, FG% against for an even more vibrant discussion. Feel free to start with the Pats.

Bottom line, having your opponents go 29-30 in FGs, including 13-14 from 40+ is noteworthy.
    I was replying to the quote "seems like no one ever misses a field goal against us." If he's only referring to last season, he's right, but it's just a single season fluke.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

13/14 plus 40 yards is unbelievable.

That's 93% accuracy from 40+ yards.

Last year was just brutal

The FGs against
    The lost fumbles, seems we never were the recovering team
    The INTs for Tds going the other way
    The NON-CALLS on the obvious roughing the passer penalties that resulted in player fines a few days later for late hits & hitting Sanchez in the head

Turn the page on 2011 to 2012
    I don't think they could be so unlucky 2 years in a row

* People involved in this game say it all the time, it's hard to get to a Superbowl & luck does play a hand sometimes.
    Just looking at the 2 AFCCGs last year it should have been Ravens vs 49ers
    Ravens drop a winning TD pass then miss a chipshot FG.
    49ers lose 2 fumbles BOTH recovered by the Giants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

Ravens drop a winning TD pass
    Ummmm, that wasn't a dropped pass. It was a great defensive play by Sterling Moore knocking the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Ummmm, that wasn't a dropped pass. It was a great defensive play by Sterling Moore knocking the ball away.
    Yea................OK
    Considering every retired receiver says that all balls caught in the endzone should have you hand "under" precisely because guys swat "down" to try to break it up.
    Actually Chris Carter demonstrated this technique on sportscenter showing how it's down & trying to have someone swat it down. Because his hand is "under" the ball it makes it very difficult to get out when the receiver has two hands on the ball which Lee Evans clearly did & why the entire Ravens bench jumped up thinking it was a TD.

Here's what Peter King had to say in his Tuesday edition, about the top 10 storylines that will have his attention in camp.

7. The three-ring circus that is the New York Jets. By the time I see them, in an 8 a.m. practice Aug. 8, the Jets ought to have all their lines down pat. Mark Sanchez: "Tim Tebow's a great help to our team. I welcome him." Tebow: "I'm just here to help the team however I can." Rex Ryan: "Yes, I'm on my way to Hollywood on the bye week to begin my modeling career."

-- why does even bother to go to Cortland? I hope they tape him to a goal post

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    If only there was someone on JI who was into stats.
    Troll -lololololololololololololololololololo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY