Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets place S Landry on active/PUP list

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It's actually $1.75M guaranteed, not $2M.
    That's peanuts in the overall scheme of things.

Think the Jets are concerned about the money?

They need him to be on the field more than anything, including the money.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Laron Landry ‏@MrLandry30
    To all tweeting bout PUP...keep assuming the worst!!! We have a great organization that makes great decisions to WIN!!! Training camp-SB
    You are right and its really sickening reading posts from the negative nannies! Lets give Landry his due. The guy knows the position and he will be fine. T and Rex could know a bit more then the negative nannies!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You are right and its really sickening reading posts from the negative nannies! Lets give Landry his due. The guy knows the position and he will be fine. T and Rex could know a bit more then the negative nannies!
    No one is questioning his abilities as a player.

Some of us are questioning his ability to stay healthy. And I think it's a valid concern.

Rex and Tanny know very little other than what Landry and the training staff are telling them. Up to this point, it all has sounded like a lot of hope and prayer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what exactly is being said about Landry that is so negative? No one has questioned his ability to play WHEN HEALTHY. Its a few days before training camp and he is still not able to play yet. Its a very valid concern at this point. The more camp he misses, the longer it takes to get in playing shape, and the longer it takes for him to get adjusted to his new scheme.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He knows how to play safety but not the schemes that Rex employs, or the little techniques that the other DBs use. The defensive backfield is 2nd only to the offensive line in the impact of cohesion between the players in their ability to perform as a unit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Landry had decided to surgically repair his achilles instead of resorting to voo-doo magic, this may not be a problem.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    SIGN JIMMY LEONHARD!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    SIGN JIMMY LEONHARD!!
    lol

The obsession with this guys is ridiculous.

He is trash.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    lol

The obsession with this guys is ridiculous.

He is trash.
    Not to mention that Leonhard is a STRONG SAFETY.

Yeremiah Bell is the STRONG SAFETY.

LaRon Landry is the FREE SAFETY. Landry played both in Washington. Bell is strictly a SS. If Landry is out, Eric Smith, Josh Bush or Antonio Allen will come in. Simple. No need/room for Leonhard once Bell signed on.

And even if you were to say, move Bell to FS or move Leonhard to FS, you're replacing one walking injury with another.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll bet Tebow could play free safety

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I'll bet Tebow could play free safety
    And strong safety both at the same time

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Since he apparently loves to tweet maybe he could have tweeted about why he didn't show, when it was a spoken concern on his joining that he never did voluntaries, and he responded he would be there. Go watch the video on the Jet's site, since you are so into full disclosure, there it is. Full disclosure that he was full of sh!t, just like his former coach and teamates said he was.

What's so hard about:
    "Sorry fans, breaking rehab now might jepordize my being ready for the season. Sorry for not meeting my committment." Too many letters probably.

He doesn't seem to have a problem tweeting now that he is getting slammed by the fan base and needs to make excuses.

As I said, it's an irrational dislike, just a feeling that he's all about him.

And it's not about studying or signing autographs, it's about:
    a) Not taking every opportunity to get with and learn about the new team you are working with to make the TEAM successful,
    B) having an attitude that I'm so freaking wonderful I don't need a team, just put me on the field and I'll add value (and then limp off if things don't go my way)
    Ok so what I'm gathering here is you feel entitled to a more detailed explanation of what LaRon is doing, when he's doing it, why he's doing it and when will you hear/read what you want to hear/read from him? That he's not taking every op to get with the team & has an attitude that's he's so great he doesn't need a team?

If yes, please don't try and sell me crazy, we're all stocked up here thanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    At least it's a foot injury and not an achilles concern. My question is in regards to Demario Davis... When did he get hurt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    You can't be that naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85
    Just because he's currently hurt, doesn't mean it's an "achilles injury". You know, there are other football related injuries, you do know that, right? Before you go and accuse me of "naive", how about you first post (provide) me with a link stating that he's out for the season due to an achilles season ending injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy
    That's right. If you can somehow put down the pom pom's for one minute, you would realize that his "foot" injury is related to his achilles injury. This is all part of the same problem. And this is why I was skeptical from Day 1 about this guy.
    And, with all that said....

S LaRon Landry has been activated from team's Active PUP list
    New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    RL Jets report S LaRon Landry has been activated from team's Active Physically Unable to Perform list.
    Now who's the naive one? More like the clueless one. It's extremely naive to think that, just because a player has injured his achilles in the past, that he's "re-injured" his achilles due to being placed on the PUP list during the freaking offseason. That, to me, was (and still is) extremely foolish and clueless at the same time.

Once again Jordy, just because he was listed on the PUP list, never meant that it were an "achilles injury". Only a simple minded fan would have jumped that gun, which you unfortunately did. You know, there are other football related injuries, you do know that, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again Jordy, just because he was listed on the PUP list, never meant that it were an "achilles injury". Only a simple minded fan would have jumped that gun, which you unfortunately did. You know, there are other football related injuries, you do know that, right?
    SOJF wouldn't SOJF's if they didn't overreact to every little move the team makes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    SOJF wouldn't SOJF's if they didn't overreact to every little move the team makes.
    lol, I know right. Thankfully that's only a small percentage of Jet fans and/or football fans in general. Unfortunately for the likes of Jordy and others, they have no clue in regards to what the PUP list means during the offseason, and in Landry's case, it had nothing to do with an "achilles injury".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And strong safety both at the same time
    Tim Tebow was given a shovel as a kid. We now have the Grand Canyon

Tim Tebow can throw a rock at you.. looking the other way

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least it's a foot injury and not an achilles concern. My question is in regards to Demario Davis... When did he get hurt?
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    S LaRon Landry (foot) activated from PUP list, #Jets announce. He passed physical/conditioning test this AM. Cleared for practice.

Head shot. Once again, Jordy goes out of his way to "prove someone wrong" as the argumentative person/poster that he's always been, and once again; proven to be wrong as wrong can be. Hey Jordy, I told you, that it had nothing to do with an "achilles" and everything to do with a minor foot injury. You lose

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing, but I haven't seen anything that says that it WASN'T his achilles. So what exactly are you claiming victory for?

Achilles can be listed as foot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing, but I haven't seen anything that says that it WASN'T his achilles. So what exactly are you claiming victory for?

Achilles can be listed as foot.
    LMAO. If Landry hurt and/or re aggravated his achilles; he wouldn't see the football field for quite some time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    S LaRon Landry (foot) activated from PUP list, #Jets announce. He passed physical/conditioning test this AM. Cleared for practice.

Head shot. Once again, Jordy goes out of his way to "prove someone wrong" as the argumentative person/poster that he's always been, and once again; proven to be wrong as wrong can be. Hey Jordy, I told you, that it had nothing to do with an "achilles" and everything to do with a minor foot injury. You lose
    you still don't know if you were right. just because he was removed from the PUP list doesn't mean it wasn't his achilles. i'm not saying it was his achilles either. we just don't know and will never know.