Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets place S Landry on active/PUP list

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    LMAO. If Landry hurt and/or re aggravated his achilles; he wouldn't see the football field for quite some time.
    I don't think Jordy ever said he re-injured it.

Also, I don't think it is possible to re-injure something that has never healed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think Jordy ever said he re-injured it.

Also, I don't think it is possible to re-injure something that has never healed in the first place.
    So what you're saying is that the jets have an injured player on the field in camp? Same old jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    S LaRon Landry (foot) activated from PUP list, #Jets announce. He passed physical/conditioning test this AM. Cleared for practice.

Head shot. Once again, Jordy goes out of his way to "prove someone wrong" as the argumentative person/poster that he's always been, and once again; proven to be wrong as wrong can be. Hey Jordy, I told you, that it had nothing to do with an "achilles" and everything to do with a minor foot injury. You lose
    What are you? 5 years old?

This all started with the report that stated that he was put on the PUP list because of a "foot" injury. That's what the original report said. You said, thank God it wasn't the achilles. Yes, I said you were naive to think his "foot" injury wasn't related to his achilles. We all know his foot injury is related to his achilles. He has now passed his "physical/conditioning test?" How does this prove you were "right" and had nothing to do with his "foot" which was the original reason given??? You were probably all butt hurt for a week and this gave you what you felt was your opportunity to "come out" and claim some internet victory. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    you still don't know if you were right. just because he was removed from the PUP list doesn't mean it wasn't his achilles. i'm not saying it was his achilles either. we just don't know and will never know.
    Exactly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    So what you're saying is that the jets have an injured player on the field in camp? Same old jets?
    Do you think that a player who is being limited to practice every 3 days is 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Do you think that a player who is being limited to practice every 3 days is 100%?
    I'm no doctor but I don't think an injured player would be practicing at all. I'm not surprised he would be limited in practice. If you were a coach and had a player coming off IR for an achilles injury would you limit them in practice as well?

He could be less than 100% or he could be fragile and the Jets feel that limiting his practice is the best chance at keeping him healthy for games that matter.

You seem like the kind of person that would just assume the worse and then degrade the Jets front office based purely on your unfounded speculation. If that sort of thing makes you feel better then keep on doing it.

As "can't wait" pointed out, if he was injured he would not be practicing at all. They would just wait until he is healthy and have him start practicing then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm no doctor but I don't think an injured player would be practicing at all. I'm not surprised he would be limited in practice. If you were a coach and had a player coming off IR for an achilles injury would you limit them in practice as well?
    Sounds like semantics.

Is he injured? That all depends on whether or not you consider someone who is not 100% to be injured.

If he was 100%, he would be out there very day. He obviously has a ways to go before he's 100%.

Nor do I think Cumberland and BT are 100%.

Banned
    Nope, but Landy has already stated he's been 90-95% healthy this offseason. As of right now, our coaching staff is being careful with Landry during the offseason (as should be), but that doesn't change the fact that he's currently healthy and recovered from his previous injuries.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And now it starts.

Ok, so I have an irrational dislike for this guy, starting with him promising to show for voluntary activities then not showing up. I know he was rehabbing but he could have shown up to learn the playbook and bond with the team. He has prima donna written all over him
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...activepup-list
    Jets place S Landry on active/PUP list
    Posted July 23, 2012 @ 5:50 p.m. ET
    By PFW staff
    The Jets placed four players on the active/physically-unable-to-perform list, including S LaRon Landry.
    Joining Landry on the active/PUP list are rookies third-round LB Demaroio Davis, seventh-round WR Jordan White and OG Terrence Campbell.
    Landry was placed on injured reserve last season with an Achillesí tendon injury. The team announced that Landry has a foot injury and will continue rehabbing with Jets trainers, along with White, who broke his foot in OTAs.
    Campbell and Davis strained their hamstrings doing conditioning runs. Players on active/PUP canít practice until they are removed from that list.
    Landry has missed a combined 15 games over the past two seasons because of injuries.
    You are allowed to have an irrational dislike of the player but why ruin it for us? I trust that the Jets might know a bit more about the guy then you do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He could be less than 100% or he could be fragile and the Jets feel that limiting his practice is the best chance at keeping him healthy for games that matter.

You seem like the kind of person that would just assume the worse and then degrade the Jets front office based purely on your unfounded speculation. If that sort of thing makes you feel better then keep on doing it.

As "can't wait" pointed out, if he was injured he would not be practicing at all. They would just wait until he is healthy and have him start practicing then.
    When a player has missed as many games as Landry has the past 2 seasons.

Has refused to have the surgery that 99% of all players have after injuring their achilles and has, instead, opted for a stem cell remedy that heretofore has not been utilized by any professional athlete that we're aware of.

Has yet to go full bore and prove that his achilles is healthy.

Yes, I assume the worst and hope for the best in this particular situation.

Where and how exactly did I "degrade" the Jets front office?