Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets place S Landry on active/PUP list

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Could the "unofficial" comment about not taking Leonhard back have been a negotiating tactic? I hope so.
    NOPE!
    Leonard himself confirmed it. He is looking to join another team.

All League
    this is news? I thought this was expected when we signed him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Laron Landry ‏@MrLandry30
    To all tweeting bout PUP...keep assuming the worst!!! We have a great organization that makes great decisions to WIN!!! Training camp-SB
    And his monkey tweeted @MrGucci30 whats this wit Daddy getting a PUP? Only room for me. (-;

I don't understand the logic in wanting a player who came with full disclosure to stop his rehab so some fans can feel like he's making an effort? How do you know he's not studying the playbook in between PT sessions? I want all the players to be 100% healthy and ready for twenty one weeks of regular and post season play.

Maybe someone can tweet LaRon & get Gucci to participate in training camp sessions and sign autographs in his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    many teams put players on the PUP at the start of training camp and they are ready by pre season.......sorry but I think the Jets have an idea how to run things.
    Yes let's not overreact. We don't have all the details of his condition just yet

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    And his monkey tweeted @MrGucci30 whats this wit Daddy getting a PUP? Only room for me. (-;

I don't understand the logic in wanting a player who came with full disclosure to stop his rehab so some fans can feel like he's making an effort? How do you know he's not studying the playbook in between PT sessions? I want all the players to be 100% healthy and ready for twenty one weeks of regular and post season play.

Maybe someone can tweet LaRon & get Gucci to participate in training camp sessions and sign autographs in his absence.
    Since he apparently loves to tweet maybe he could have tweeted about why he didn't show, when it was a spoken concern on his joining that he never did voluntaries, and he responded he would be there. Go watch the video on the Jet's site, since you are so into full disclosure, there it is. Full disclosure that he was full of sh!t, just like his former coach and teamates said he was.

What's so hard about:
    "Sorry fans, breaking rehab now might jepordize my being ready for the season. Sorry for not meeting my committment." Too many letters probably.

He doesn't seem to have a problem tweeting now that he is getting slammed by the fan base and needs to make excuses.

As I said, it's an irrational dislike, just a feeling that he's all about him.

And it's not about studying or signing autographs, it's about:
    a) Not taking every opportunity to get with and learn about the new team you are working with to make the TEAM successful,
    B) having an attitude that I'm so freaking wonderful I don't need a team, just put me on the field and I'll add value (and then limp off if things don't go my way)
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 07-23-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    The guy is falling apart right in front of us

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Are people that naive?

This was most likely all apart of the plan, there is no new injury.

Did anybody pay attention to the quotes from back during mini-camp?

Landry has been dealing with a bone issue as part of the original achillies injury, Landry himself said he was close. His comments today on twitter validates this, and that many are jumping the gun with the PUP news.

Landry was probably going to be added to the PUP list from the beginning, Ryan himself said Landry may not start training camp at 100%.

The goal is for Landry to be ready by the start of the season, nothing has changed here.

Welled started last camp on PUP, he ended up having a pretty good season. PUP is nothing to panic over.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    this is news? I thought this was expected when we signed him.
    It was but when you scream the sky is falling, it has much more impact if you repeat yourself loud and often.

He's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much, he's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much, he's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much, he's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much, he's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much, he's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much, he's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much, he's hurt, we need help, he's costing us too much.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Since he apparently loves to tweet maybe he could have tweeted about why he didn't show, when it was a spoken concern on his joining that he never did voluntaries, and he responded he would be there. Go watch the video on the Jet's site, since you are so into full disclosure, there it is. Full disclosure that he was full of sh!t, just like his former coach and teamates said he was.

What's so hard about:
    "Sorry fans, breaking rehab now might jepordize my being ready for the season. Sorry for not meeting my committment." Too many letters probably.

He doesn't seem to have a problem tweeting now that he is getting slammed by the fan base and needs to make excuses.

As I said, it's an irrational dislike, just a feeling that he's all about him.

And it's not about studying or signing autographs, it's about:
    a) Not taking every opportunity to get with and learn about the new team you are working with to make the TEAM successful,
    B) having an attitude that I'm so freaking wonderful I don't need a team, just put me on the field and I'll add value (and then limp off if things don't go my way)
    Teams are not supposed to use the pup the way they do. They do it so they can add extra players for guys that they aren't going to have going full speed anyway. He can't just come out and say. Hey I'm fine. I just want to continue my experimental rehab as long as possible. No body knows how it's going to respond, and let's give it as much time as possible before we put it to the test shall we? The Jets are not counting on having him for the year. We're ready to go without him, but if this actually works, and he can go 100% it's like winning the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Teams are not supposed to use the pup the way they do. They do it so they can add extra players for guys that they aren't going to have going full speed anyway. He can't just come out and say. Hey I'm fine. I just want to continue my experimental rehab as long as possible. No body knows how it's going to respond, and let's give it as much time as possible before we put it to the test shall we? The Jets are not counting on having him for the year. We're ready to go without him, but if this actually works, and he can go 100% it's like winning the lottery.
    Do you really believe this? That the jets gave this guy 2 mill guaranteed and are not counting on him for the year? Teams put players on this PUP list so that if they don't heal in time for the regular season they can be brought back during the season, but until that time do not count against the 53 man roster. Not so that they can get another look at a 90th guy.

But the gist of it that the pats Jets knew it was a long rehab and are not surprised that he can not go. But they did say that they thought he was going to be able to participate in camp when they signed him.

Players can be labeled Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) in the National Football League if they suffer from football-related injuries during the preseason. PUP players may participate in team meetings, and take advantage of the training and medical facilities, but cannot practice with the team.

There are two separate PUP lists: a preseason PUP list and a regular-season PUP list.

Preseason PUP

A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list.

Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-Season PUP

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physica...ble_to_Perform

Jets Insider VIP
    do the players count against the 90 man roster while on the PUP list or can other camp fodder be signed to replace them and then waived when the PUP player is activated?

Do you really believe this? That the jets gave this guy 2 mill guaranteed and are not counting on him for the year? Teams put players on this PUP list so that if they don't heal in time for the regular season they can be brought back during the season, but until that time do not count against the 53 man roster. Not so that they can get another look at a 90th guy.

But the gist of it that the pats Jets knew it was a long rehab and are not surprised that he can not go. But they did say that they thought he was going to be able to participate in camp when they signed him.

If he was fine, he would be on the field learning a new defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    do the players count against the 90 man roster while on the PUP list or can other camp fodder be signed to replace them and then waived when the PUP player is activated?
    I had thought that they did not count against the 90 man roster. Why else would there be a PUP designation for the pre-season, otherwise they would just be listed as injured and not participate, no need for a specific designation.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

1.65 million, and it's a gamble.

I can't find the specifics of why a player should be on the preseason pup list, and not just put on the regular season pup list game one. There is a 100k workout bonus that may apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

The NFL approved a plan on Monday that will increase offseason roster sizes for teams from 80 to 90 players. That change goes into effect at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April, 24.

The new roster limits will include active, inactive, exempt players, reserve lists, unsigned draft choices and franchise free agent players. The beside the numerical increase in manpower, the most notable aspect of the change is the inclusion of unsigned players, including draft picks that have not signed their contracts.

Teams are allowed to keep their rosters at 90 players through the third week of the preseason. After that third game, teams must cut the roster down to 75 players. A final round of cuts, from 75 to the final 53-man rosters, happens the week before the regular season starts.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-re...-to-90-players

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

It's actually $1.75M guaranteed, not $2M.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Just because he's currently hurt, doesn't mean it's an "achilles injury". You know, there are other football related injuries, you do know that, right? Before you go and accuse me of "naive", how about you first post (provide) me with a link stating that he's out for the season due to an achilles season ending injury.
    That's right. If you can somehow put down the pom pom's for one minute, you would realize that his "foot" injury is related to his achilles injury. This is all part of the same problem. And this is why I was skeptical from Day 1 about this guy. And I never said that he's out for the season, so please stop making **** up.

If healthy, he's the perfect strong safety for the Jets. Of course he is.

I simply don't think Landry will be healthy enough to do what he was brought here to do.

1.65 million, and it's a gamble.

I can't find the specifics of why a player should be on the preseason pup list, and not just put on the regular season pup list game one. There is a 100k workout bonus that may apply here.
    Once a player practices, even for 1 minute, they are no longer eligible to be placed on the PUP list.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That's right. If you can somehow put down the pom pom's for one minute, you would realize that his "foot" injury is related to his achilles injury. This is all part of the same problem. And this is why I was skeptical from Day 1 about this guy. And I never said that he's out for the season, so please stop making **** up.

If healthy, he's the perfect strong safety for the Jets. Of course he is.

I simply don't think Landry will be healthy enough to do what he was brought here to do.
    I tend to agree with this. I just have a feeling this guy is going to always be hampered with his injuries. Even if he gets healthy, I can see him always being a week to week guy and someone you can not count on at all.