Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ichiro a yankee!!!...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Or it's just the Yankees being the Yankees.
    Its a no brainer for any team looking for depth due to injury...that cares about winning, that is.

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    In 2005, it would've been a great move.

Now...why?

Swisher must be dinged to sh*t.

Or it's just the Yankees being the Yankees.
    At this point he's a good 3rd/4th outfielder. Can still run, still has the good arm, still can cover ground in the OF. Sometimes putting an older player on a good team can wake him up for a few months.

They gave up really nothing to get him, so even if he doesn't play great, he cost them very little. 2 million at this point is negligible if he helps them for the playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Doubt Yankees will re-sign Ichiro, I'd like to see them take a run at Justin Upton in the off-season. They are clearly going to be in the outfield market this offseason with Swisher, Ibanes, Jones, and now Ichiro all becoming free agents. They have a $13 million club option on Curtis Granderson for next season, with a $2 million buyout.
    BJ Upton is the Free Agent, not Justin. Justin might be available in a trade, but he would cost you both testicles and your first born child to pry him away from Arizona apparently. Oh, and your ENTIRE farm system. Like the whole damn system.

As for Ichiro, meh. I think he's done but he cost you nothing. Can't get excited about a Sub .300 OBP singles hitter at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    BJ Upton is the Free Agent, not Justin. Justin might be available in a trade, but he would cost you both testicles and your first born child to pry him away from Arizona apparently. Oh, and your ENTIRE farm system. Like the whole damn system.

As for Ichiro, meh. I think he's done but he cost you nothing. Can't get excited about a Sub .300 OBP singles hitter at this point.
    I'm aware Justin Upton isn't a free agent. There is a reason why he's been mentioned in trade talks the last 2 years, I'll be surprised if he's not out of Arizona before next April.

and yes... Ichiro is finished