Thread: Just finished re-watching all 2011 Jets games...

Just finished re-watching all 2011 Jets games...

Just thought I would put myself through a little torture before training camp kicks off.

Hunter could have easily allowed 16 sacks last season, lucky it was only 8.5 or whatever it was. And I think he actually had his eyes closed on some plays because he was blocking air -- or at least trying to

The Jets really looked like the worst team in the league in at least 5 of their games last season. In some of the wins, they looked top 5. Complete Jekyll and Hyde

Despite some horrid decision making and piles of turnovers, Sanchez really does look pretty darn good on play-action. He might not have a great completion percentage on those plays, but his mechanics were very sound in play-action. Good thing Sparano plans to use it more

I needed to watch the season again and finally put it behind me (cause, you know, I am such an integral part of the team). It was ugly (bad play, luck, coaching, etc.) yet it came out as a .500 season. That really kind of gives me some optimism for this year. Fired up for camp.

The Jets could easily have been a 5-6 win team last year. As a whole they really played a lot worse than their 8-8 suggested if you ask me. They were lucky to be 8-5 or whatever before going into the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets could easily have been a 5-6 win team last year. As a whole they really played a lot worse than their 8-8 suggested if you ask me. They were lucky to be 8-5 or whatever before going into the tank.
    I feel safe in saying that if you saw a 5 or 6 win team play week in and week out, you would think they were a 3 or 4 win team.

The Jets scored 377 points and allowed 363. That's an 8-8 team. Nothing fortunate or unfortunate about that record.

We won 2 games by 4 points or fewer and lost 2 games by 4 points or fewer.

We won 5 games by 14+ points. We lost 4 games by 14+ points. (That's pretty much 9 uncompetitive games. I don't feel like checking right now, but that's got to be among the highest in the league.)

There were equal amounts of good and bad last year. Since the year ended with a massive dose of the bad, it has dramatically skewed the perception of what kind of team the Jets were last year: A perfectly average one. No more, no less.

When I re-watched the season, what really struck me was how bad the offense was. Our offense only functioned inside the 20 yard line, and that's not hyperbole. The defense covered for the offense by forcing a lot of turnovers, which the offense was usually able to convert into points of some kind.

Also, their was no consistency from week to week on the defensive side of the ball. They would dominate bad offenses and get ripped apart by good ones.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Just thought I would put myself through a little torture before training camp kicks off.

Hunter could have easily allowed 16 sacks last season, lucky it was only 8.5 or whatever it was. And I think he actually had his eyes closed on some plays because he was blocking air -- or at least trying to

The Jets really looked like the worst team in the league in at least 5 of their games last season. In some of the wins, they looked top 5. Complete Jekyll and Hyde

Despite some horrid decision making and piles of turnovers, Sanchez really does look pretty darn good on play-action. He might not have a great completion percentage on those plays, but his mechanics were very sound in play-action. Good thing Sparano plans to use it more

I needed to watch the season again and finally put it behind me (cause, you know, I am such an integral part of the team). It was ugly (bad play, luck, coaching, etc.) yet it came out as a .500 season. That really kind of gives me some optimism for this year. Fired up for camp.
    We didn't win any games last year, did we?

I remember watching last season wishing it would end. How many 3 & outs our pathetic offense had. Game after game, time after time, 3rd and 5 passes for 3 or less yards, 3rd and 5 hand off's to LT for losses, our QB getting pummeled week in and week out, never rushing the opposing passer, serving coffee and krispy creme doughnuts to Tom Brady standing in am untouched pocket, defense never getting off the field on opposing 3rd downs, poor ST coverages, zero return game and on and on.

I realize geting rid of Schotty is addition by subtraction, however,
    quite honestly, I see no marked improvement in personnel with this team for the new season and a 6-10, 7-9 at best season.

i refuse to even watch highlights from last year..kudos to you and thanks for the post

All League

You don't have a girlfriend or wife do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    You don't have a girlfriend or wife do you?
    both

Jets Insider VIP

Sanchez has had great success when he uses (has time to use) the pump fake.

Unfortunately, he rarely had time last season to utilize it. But if they can create more pocket time for him, that's a great weapon for him. He has the big hands to execute it well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I remember watching last season wishing it would end. How many 3 & outs our pathetic offense had. Game after game, time after time, 3rd and 5 passes for 3 or less yards, 3rd and 5 hand off's to LT for losses, our QB getting pummeled week in and week out, never rushing the opposing passer, serving coffee and krispy creme doughnuts to Tom Brady standing in am untouched pocket, defense never getting off the field on opposing 3rd downs, poor ST coverages, zero return game and on and on.

I realize geting rid of Schotty is addition by subtraction, however,
    quite honestly, I see no marked improvement in personnel with this team for the new season and a 6-10, 7-9 at best season.
    Save yourself some time and aggravation and enjoy your life this year.

Since you don't think the Jets will win more than 4-5 games, you might as well. Amiright?

Why the heck would you do this? I wanted to claw my eyes out through most of last season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We didn't win any games last year, did we?
    LOL and was HUNTER the only OL man to allow sacks? I think BRICK had more. I think the entire OL was out of synch last year and we have guys still harping and dwelling on the same story-lines from last year.

This is a new season. I think we will correct our flaws and play much better then last year. sanchez is a year older and will learn from his mistakes. The coaches will learn from their mistakes. I refuse to dwell on last year! GO JETS!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

I feel safe in saying that if you saw a 5 or 6 win team play week in and week out, you would think they were a 3 or 4 win team.
    LMFAO.

Must suck being a grumpy fan

_