Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which players will need to step up the most for the Jets to have a successful season

Veteran
    I would say our QB will go as far as the O line will take him.

Sanchez will look like a journeyman QB unless they can protect him better.

The defense I am not worried about apart from the safeties. Unless our safeties can keep up with opposing team tight ends, we may have trouble scoring enough points to stay in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post

That's what I'm saying- we made it to the AFC title game 2 years in a row and missed the playoffs last year because of how our offensive line played.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post

The defense I am not worried about apart from the safeties. Unless our safeties can keep up with opposing team tight ends, we may have trouble scoring enough points to stay in games.
    Hopefully Otah is the answer.....

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    The Jets' success is dependent on how the offensive line performs.
    D will be top 5 again this year but OL play will to a large extent lay the platform for Jets getting to the next level. Mark has to play smart, rb's need to step up, Tone, Keller and Hill need to be able to light up D's like a Christmas tree and not leave yardage/points on the field

1. The entire O-line

2. Shonn Greene

You want ground n pound that's the key to it.

There is only one answer: Whoever is under center. The quarterback play has held this team back for three years now. Somebody must step up.

Since everyone's given the obvious answers, I'll go left with this one:

Dustin Keller.

Yeah, he led the team in receiving the last two years, but we all know it's not enough and he's left some plays on the field. We've seen the flashes and the potential, but this offense goes to another level if he becomes that true elite TE. He's in a contract year - it's time for him to come up with those big plays that he was very close to making in previous years but didn't.

That goes for the blocking as well. Keller's inability to block well on the edge is the reason scrubs like Hartsock and Mulligan saw the field as often as they did. Hopefully that's something Keller is continuing to work on, which means a better skill player can see at least half the snaps Mulligan saw last year.

80 catches is a stretch, but if Keller comes up with that number this year then it's likely the Jets are moving the chains more effectively, and it would also open up the outside for guys like Holmes and Hill.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Everyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    That's easy, the whole team needs to step up.

Point blank.

With OL potentially solidified with Otah, our most glaring need is blocking TE. I think this is critical to Sparano's offense and we will being someone in.

I just read that Cumberland is up to 260 lbs. Maybe he can fill that role. Or maybe Tebow will help as an extra blocker. Otherwise we will line up an extra OL in more predictable in running situations.

Either way I feel a lot more comfortable with this Offense with Otah signed -- he is definitely my pick for most important to step up. I would also throw in McKnight, Josh Bush, Hill, Sapp, Davis

Brady blow out his knee

Bellichick have appendicitis

Mario Williams not quite recovered from knee surgery

we are f'ed and in 3rd or 4th place any way you slice it

offense
    holmes
    hunter
    mcknight

defense
    scott
    pace
    thomas