Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shiancoe signs with the Pats

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Actually, the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since their offense has taken off. They were balanced in their Super Bowl runs and the D was dominant in the last SB season they won. The offense didn't really get going until the 2007 season. And the D has been slipping lately. So maybe defense does still kind of win.

The Giants have won 2 of the past 5 with great D. Green Bay -- awesome D in 2010-11. Steelers -- top D in 2008-09. Saints were's great in 2009-10 when they won, but held the Colts to 17 in their SB win.

I know the "experts" say it's an offense league now, but to me, I still see teams with great defenses winning Super Bowls.
    I agree and I think BB does also after looking at this years draft and FA.
    The pats got old on D in 2007, and with the exception of Wilfork had to totally rebuild the defense. It takes some time to build a D thru the draft, The jets built their D with a lot of help from FA. The results come quicker going the FA route.

I think the D this year will be middle of the pack in yds and close to top 10 in points allowed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love how jets fans are bashing the move for the pats...but if the jets made the move we'd all be saying how stacked we are at TE.

Look, Gronk just suffered a serious injury, AHern was banged up last year, so the Pats brought in a vet to eat up some snaps and create some mismatches.

its a good move for them that makes sense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

I think the D this year will be middle of the pack in yds and close to top 10 in points allowed.
    If the defense can make that kind of improvement, the Pats will easily win 13 or 14 games.

Pats offense this year will be better than 2007.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the defense can make that kind of improvement, the Pats will easily win 13 or 14 games.

It really does have a chance to be.

I dont care if it is not classy, I am praying for a Brady injury. That is the only way the PAts dont put up 30+ a game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It really does have a chance to be.

I dont care if it is not classy, I am praying for a Brady injury. That is the only way the PAts dont put up 30+ a game.
    Lloyd is the key to making this offense better than 2007. He does not have to replicate what Moss did in '07, but he does have to give Brady a consistent vertical option.

Pats deep passing game was a joke last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lloyd is the key to making this offense better than 2007. He does not have to replicate what Moss did in '07, but he does have to give Brady a consistent vertical option.

Yeah, I am not looking forward to it, as I think he will be super effective for you guys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Injuries are always unpredictable. Welker or Loyd could go down. Brady or someone else. Revis could go down..etc. Even when things look great, injuries can be the great equalizer. They're going to happen. It's just a matter of how much they impact each team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pats actually gave up less points than the jets last year, if they just gave up 1 less point a game they would have been top 10 in points allowed.

They will never be better than middle of the pack in passing yards as the other teams need to score 30 points a game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridley had the second highest ypc among rookies behind DeMarco Murray. If either he or Vereen can prove to be a legit running threat and/or catch out of the backfield, they will have a Saints'-like offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I lol'd
    +1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't be serious...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes on point 1. They have an easy schedule. 13 should be pretty easy.

Doubtful on 2 IMO. They will be good but not THAT good. I don't believe in that OL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Patriots offense won't be as good as the 2007 version because the best vertical receiver in the history of football is not on the 2012 roster.

They do have an excellent chance of being the best offense in the league this year.