Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So I assume neither of you are going to bother watching games this season?
    Timmmy runs the township syrup press on Sundays.

Jets or Pancakes. You make the call.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I understand your thinking.....werent that bad, fell apart a few games down the stretch. Thats fine. I agree....a few bounces here and there.....who knows.

Would you mind answering my question about playmakers? I sure hope its not a playmaker by committee, but appears that way.

The way i see it, we lost LT, which was old in the tooth, but was a great dump off for Sanchize when he so often needed one, and have replaced him with Joe Mcknight? Thats a pretty big IF.

Our WR corps is led by Santonio Homes as its #1 threat. Do i need to go on.....

I dont see any dangerous threats on Offense. Most teams in the league have at least 1, and im scared of anointing Mark Sanchez that playmaking QB when he has proven thats not his strong suit.
    I'm thinking Kerley if used right, with a tall deep threat in Hill, and Santonio, and Keller to worry about. If our receivers have options, we could hit some big plays if they start worrying about the run. Sanchez is a pretty good playaction QB. It all comes down to just how bad, Shotty was. I still think Shotty tipping off the plays with his formations made our line look worse than it was/is. There is reason for hope is all I'm saying. Time will tell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not even going to bother reading the other posters on this one. i hope you are just having a bad day.

launching schitty alone improves this offense. true enough greene hasn't shown he can carry the offensive running load but how much of that is on greene and how much on schit. schitty neglected the players and couldn't coach. he was fueding with callahan so they both turned in sub par efforts. at the very least, the players will be motivated to play hard for sparano. if they succeed early it should build on itself. and if sparano is half the coach they say, then i don't see the offense letting down the whole season.

you might be able to say that tanny didn't look after the offense but he also made sure plax wasn't coming back and edwards. they drafted hill who could turn out to be really good and kerley was playing very well at the end of the season. lt was washed up so it's up to mcknight to play 3rd down back and tebow throws a nice changeup into the mix. this could be a very exciting season.

and et's not forget the monster of a defense rex and tanny are building. these guys should and will play.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    On the eve of the opening of camp, its very sad to see what the Jets have become. Our offense has been totally ignored--with our number one receiver being a disgruntled prima dona who is not even top ten in the league. Our second receiver is Kerley? Our third receiver is a rookie? Our tight end is totally over-rated. But Rex and BeanCounter know better--we will become a ground and pound team with that scintillating super star, Shonn Greene, carrying the ball, backed up by McKnight! And who is going to open up the holes for these super stars. Mangold can't play all the positions. And what did Bean and Mouth do to improve this mediocre unit? They hired a new coach and gave him nothing to work with but Tim Tebow!

Yes the defense will be top 5-10, but trust me, this will not get them to the playoffs. The only positive thing I can see happening this season is that people will finally understand that Rex is at best, a defensive coordinator and that Bean Counter is at best is an accountant.

I'm prepared for the hate of the fanboys. Just keeping it real.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    When pundits tell you what you want to hear, they're "great".

When pundits tell you what you don't want to hear, it's "schtick".

I'll tell you what's the worst "schtick" of all- Jets Insider Blind Homers who run around every July touting how great our team is going to be and putting down anyone with a contrary opinion. And their schtick hits its all-time high when the Jets are downtrodden, out of it, and they run for the hills. And then they magically reappear in March and start telling us how great the team is going to be. Give it a rest.

SAR I
    Fortunately I've always maintained an optimistic, yet balanced, view of this team. What kind of schtick is that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Fortunately I've always maintained an optimistic, yet balanced, view of this team. What kind of schtick is that?
    I think it's called being a "fan", something the know-it-all loudmouth attention wh0res don't really identify with

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I dont see any dangerous threats on Offense. Most teams in the league have at least 1, and im scared of anointing Mark Sanchez that playmaking QB when he has proven thats not his strong suit.
    I do think that Mark Sanchez actually IS a playmaking QB. When you have a dopey coordinator trying to jam a square peg into a round hole, you get nothing. Let's see Sparano use Sanchez to his best playmaking abilities and then we can move on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I think it's called being a "fan", something the know-it-all loudmouth attention wh0res don't really identify with

Dear Blind Homer,

Take these off.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice glasses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Dear Blind Homer,

Take these off.

SAR I
    yawn. you still here? have you really been reduced to playing "homer police"?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Plus, the Jets were one of the healthiest teams in the NFL last year.
    Not true, our whole offensive line was injured all year, most limped thru their injuries

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    More like SOJF's are the worst because they are idiotic..
    These miserable pessimists are clowns

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Sparanos right tackle last year lead the league in sacks
    Damn ... damn .... damn

I think it's time I shared my concern about he who wears sunglasses for medicinal reasons leading our O'.

I just don't believe in him, I thought luckily for us, he sucked as the Mammals head coach ... but I am concerned that he could ever suddenly transmogrify into some killer offensive coordinator.

I wanted Todd Haley, the Kansas City paranoia as our OC. Insane ? Yes , completely paranoid. A worthy coordinator ? Yes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Bryan Thomas.
    Jim Leonhard.
    Jeff Cumberland...although he was only a 2nd TE.
    Mike Devito...missed a few games.
    Yup

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Sanchez played hurt all year.
    Eric Smith played hurt all year.
    Greene and LT missed time.
    Rob Turner never played, combined with Cumberland's injury meant a lot more playing time for Mulligan.
    Cromartie played with bruised lungs/ribs.
    Moore recovering from double hip surgery.
    Matt Slauson, bad shoulder.

every team has injury problems, last year's Jets were no exception.
    We def had our share of injuries

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Talking about never recovering our fumbles, the other teams always recorvering their own, opponents hitting every single goddamn field goal, having a sieve of an o line, having a crappy coordinator, Haloti Ngatta somehow being allowed to rough the passer multiple times, Santonio fumbling the Eagles game away before it got started, etc.

All things that have been discussed here.

The Jets didn't catch any breaks last year, outside of the Dallas game. They played legit better than the Bills and Redskins in those games.
    Exactly

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's part of his schtick.

I have a feeling those glasses are going to show up in 1000 posts this season.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree with this (although I do NOT think Ruby is a SOJF). People call someone a SOJF if they are skeptical or critical. But IMO, it is worse to be content or complacent with what has gone on and make excuses. I am not happy with 2 AFCCG appearances. I understand that the team sucked for years before Parcells came but that is not an excuse to be "grateful" for a sliver of success. We should stop making excuses for this team and demand success.

This is why I loved George Steinbrenner so much. If you don't win a championship, the season was a failure. No complacency, no back slapping.
    Who said the afc championship seasons were successes? Anytime you don't win it all, you've failed, obviously

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please. More like you and your cronies playing "SOJF" police. Grow up.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think with Rex focused, Sparano on board, Sanchez healthy and more mature, the defense improved, and best of all, Schottenheimer gone, the Jets will finish 12-4. I realize that's very optimistic and I have no quarrel with those who think the Jets will have another down year. But I admit to being a little confused by the almost angry ridicule being directed by some posters at those of us who are predicting good things for the Jets this year. To paraphrase the Dude, it's just, like, our opinion, man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    It's part of his schtick.

I have a feeling those glasses are going to show up in 1000 posts this season.

If the Realists can't have a thread left alone to ourselves without the invasion of the Blind Homer Cult, yup.

We have a right to be able to have a pessimistic conversation without being called names and trolled by fans who are, supposedly, just as loyal and dedicated as we are. This doesn't happen in other sports forums. We're allowed to have different points of view and our own threads to discuss them in. Go back to the Hangar where you are Queen Of The Dorks. You don't belong here.

SAR I