Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Talking about never recovering our fumbles, the other teams always recorvering their own, opponents hitting every single goddamn field goal, having a sieve of an o line, having a crappy coordinator, Haloti Ngatta somehow being allowed to rough the passer multiple times, Santonio fumbling the Eagles game away before it got started, etc.

All things that have been discussed here.

The Jets didn't catch any breaks last year, outside of the Dallas game. They played legit better than the Bills and Redskins in those games.
    Washington dropped ball after ball and did you watch the Buffalo game last year? Stevie Johnson dropped not one, but two game winning touchdowns in the final minute. Buffalo outplayed us that day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We were all happy and on the same page in 2010 and 2011. Remember why? Because the realists looked at the roster and the prior year's experience and came to the conclusion that we were up-and-coming legit contenders. We used our eyes and made a good prognostication and you felt good about us. Today we use our eyes and make a similarly good prognostication and you feel like we're negative because you can't help but be foolishly positive.

The reason you perceive us to be worlds apart now is because you're a blind homer and we're realistic and for 2012 the two thoughts don't mesh whereas in the 2010 and 2011 offseasons they did.

SAR I
    Aren't you the brilliant one that would have preferred to dump Rex at the end of last season? Nuff Said, that shows just how little you understand the game of football and the NFL, in the first place

I think its safe to say there is no prognostication expertise coming from you...anything can happen, we can suck and fall apart like you and your cohorts say or we can end up holding the Lombardi...nobody (including so-called experts) knows, so don't act like you guys are smarter football fans than anyone else because people don't agree with you.

I am so tired of the all know it all nonsense going on around here
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 07-25-2012 at 09:12 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Being optimistic has no place on this board. You need to come here with a dark cloud hanging over head and always ***** and moan about everything the team does...even when they win...you have to ***** and moan about how the deficit should've been higher...or how it should've been 47-0 oh and god forbid when should ever win a Super Bowl you have to act like the win would've been better if we played better.....that's the mentality....just being objective...
    LOL...sad but true with these wacko's

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Sorry to be a jerk, but i completely disagree with 95% of this, and the parts in bold i find especially disturbing.

did you leave out?
    You can disagree with truth all you want it still doesn't make you right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    This thread is an epic battle between negative nancy Jets fans and Jets fans who refuse to head into a clean slate year with resigned attitude. I'm enjoying it to the fullest extent.

You'd think after watching as much football as we all do, people would realize year to year you never know what will happen.

Reality is none of us know. If this team clicks then they CAN go 12 - 4. But they also have severe bust potential as well.

We won't know until it unfolds.
    100% correct, thank you

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Aren't you the brilliant one that would have preferred to dump Rex at the end of last season? Nuff Said, that shows just how little you understand the game of football and the NFL, in the first place
    When we open the season 2-4 and have the Patriots chomping at the bit to end us, you come back to this very thread on the day that the rumors are swirling about Rex Ryan being replaced by Tony Sparano and apologize.

Savvy?

Rex Ryan lost his team. Lost it. They don't believe in him. That extra 10% they have in the tank that we'll need to beat the teams we've got early in the season isn't going to be there because they don't want to play for him.

Go drink your rah-rah Kool Aid in another thread. This one's for the realists.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we open the season 2-4 and have the Patriots chomping at the bit to end us, you come back to this very thread on the day that the rumors are swirling about Rex Ryan being replaced by Tony Sparano and apologize.

Savvy?

Rex Ryan lost his team. Lost it. They don't believe in him. That extra 10% they have in the tank that we'll need to beat the teams we've got early in the season isn't going to be there because they don't want to play for him.

SAR I
    LOL

So why even watch?

Why spend your Sunday afternoons being miserable when you could be doing something else?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Savvy?

SAR I
    could rex ryan have done a better job last year? absolutely. but just because you repeat over and over that "he lost the team" doesn't necessarily make it true or the realist perspective... you have a right to your opinion, but realistically you have no idea what's happening behind the scenes. your opinion is an educated guess at best, you may be right but you very well could be wrong. that's why we love NFL football... any decent team has a chance to win, and the jets have just as much talent as any team minus an elite QB under center. I believe this season's success will come down to this year's draft class and being able to count on 3 rookies to step in and become productive starters, not some disgruntled fan's take on rex ryan's locker room. sorry if that makes me a "blind homer"
    Last edited by cant wait; 07-25-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Savvy?

SAR I
    zzzzzzzzzz

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Savvy?

SAR I
    No not savvy but stupid as usual, I am anything but a rah rah, just someone who does not pretend I know it all as you always do...you are a never ending joke

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Savvy?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

So why even watch?

Why spend your Sunday afternoons being miserable when you could be doing something else?
    Because I'm a Jets fan and that's what we do. Forums are a good outlet for our feelings, on gameday's we root like crazy for the win.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    could rex ryan have done a better job last year? absolutely. but just because you repeat over and over that "he lost the team" doesn't necessarily make it true or the realist perspective... you have a right to your opinion, but realistically you have no idea what's happening behind the scenes. your opinion is an educated guess at best, you may be right but you very well could be wrong. that's why we love NFL football... any decent team has a chance to win, and the jets have just as much talent as any team minus an elite QB under center. I believe this season's success will come down to this year's draft class and being able to count on 3 rookies to step in and become productive starters, not some disgruntled fan's take on rex ryan's locker room. sorry if that makes me a "blind homer"
    I'm sorry, and you know more than I do? Nope. So somehow my opinion isn't as valued as yours because I'm negative right now and you're positive? Nope.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, and you know more than I do? Nope. So somehow my opinion isn't as valued as yours because I'm negative right now and you're positive? Nope.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No not savvy but stupid as usual, I am anything but a rah rah, just someone who does not pretend I know it all as you always do...you are a never ending joke
    I'm not pretending. That's the difference.

The 'joke' is that after years of the same preseason debate and postseason disaster, you haven't learned your lesson. While it's admirable that your passion for the Jets forces you to speak so enthusiastically, you're not helping the team nor are you moving this thread forward. Some of us aren't feeling good about this season. We have a thread to discuss this point of view. You and the Blind Homer Cult don't need to be here. Go create a thread of your own

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not pretending. That's the difference.

The 'joke' is that after years of the same preseason debate and postseason disaster, you haven't learned your lesson. While it's admirable that your passion for the Jets forces you to speak so enthusiastically, you're not helping the team nor are you moving this thread forward. Some of us aren't feeling good about this season. We have a thread to discuss this point of view. You and the Blind Homer Cult don't need to be here. Go create a thread of your own

SAR I
    So you really do know it all, I thought you were just pretending...

On a side note, you sure are an ugly bastard

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you really do know it all, I thought you were just pretending...
    What I know is that if a bunch of Jets fans want to have a conversation about the team that isn't optimistic we have the right to do so without being assaulted by fellow Jets fans. It's insane that we get better treatment from Patriots fans on a Jets forum.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I know is that if a bunch of Jets fans want to have a conversation about the team that isn't optimistic we have the right to do so without being assaulted by fellow Jets fans. It's insane that we get better treatment from Patriots fans on a Jets forum.

SAR I
    You are so full of ****.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Patriot fans love you guys, you do the dirty work for them, but you must already know that, right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patriot fans love you guys, you do the dirty work for them, but you must already know that, right?
    Sometimes, Patriots fans are right. Just like a blind squirrel that gets a nut, if you keep saying "Jets suck" every year, eventually you'll be right. Unfortunately, this is that year.

At the end of last season, after the meltdown in Miami, the Jets had two courses of action:

1. Fire Rex Ryan and start over with someone the players will respect.

2. Keep Rex Ryan and reload the team with talent to overcome his shortfalls.

Instead, they chose a rather curious course of action:

3. Do nothing.

Like the Blind Homer Cult, the Jets are ignoring the issues, didn't do anything, are going to war with the same team that bombed last year. Not going to work.

SAR I