Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 238

Thread: Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

  1. #21
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    On the eve of the opening of camp, its very sad to see what the Jets have become. Our offense has been totally ignored--with our number one receiver being a disgruntled prima dona who is not even top ten in the league. Our second receiver is Kerley? Our third receiver is a rookie? Our tight end is totally over-rated. But Rex and BeanCounter know better--we will become a ground and pound team with that scintillating super star, Shonn Greene, carrying the ball, backed up by McKnight! And who is going to open up the holes for these super stars. Mangold can't play all the positions. And what did Bean and Mouth do to improve this mediocre unit? They hired a new coach and gave him nothing to work with but Tim Tebow!

    Yes the defense will be top 5-10, but trust me, this will not get them to the playoffs. The only positive thing I can see happening this season is that people will finally understand that Rex is at best, a defensive coordinator and that Bean Counter is at best is an accountant.

    I'm prepared for the hate of the fanboys. Just keeping it real.
    The beginning of the end, however, occurred last year when we no-showed against the Cowboys. Knew right then and there that it wasn't going to end well. Smoke, mirrors, PR, and lucky bounces only go so far.

    Thank you for your honesty. It's not easy being right; hang in there.

    SAR I

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Our offense lacks playmakers. Its a good thing we have tebow to make plays. Tebow will take over as starting qb sometime in October. Just in time to save our season.

    He did it last year in Denver. He will do it for us this year.

    And next year, tim will get the full camp as the starter and sparano will have the qb taylor made for his offense.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!! This is a really funny post! thank you for the comedy. This thread was boring before this one.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,108
    The end of what? How is this any different than any other year you losers predict embarrassment. You're all pathetic. Bawaa look at me. Who are you to say anything about Santonio? You guys are way worse than he is. Where's Jordy with his crying babies when you need him?

  4. #24
    Deported to the UFL.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The end of what? How is this any different than any other year you losers predict embarrassment. You're all pathetic. Bawaa look at me. Who are you to say anything about Santonio? You guys are way worse than he is. Where's Jordy with his crying babies when you need him?
    we are going 1-15. Rex and Tanny suddenly realize that JI posters know more then them.....this includes trading Revis, benching Sanchez and Shonne Green.........Tebow tears his rotator cuff on an option play...Holmes is cut because a poster said hes a malcontent.....Stephen Hill gets cut after 2 games because he has only one catch and that made a poster mad.....might as well not watch the season...

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    From your mouth to God's ears. Greene is at best a back up power back for most NFL teams.
    Everyone is down on Greene because he didn't break off big runs and because he seemed to go down easier than in seasons past.

    But stats don't lie - he still went over 1000 and had a hugely respectable 4.2 ypc. I'm not saying he's MJD but to REALLY think that this guy can't have another good season in the tank?? - makes no sense to me . . .

    With better line play and a less predictable offense Greene could easily be an upside surprise.

    You think the team doesn't feel like this is a make-or-break year? I see guys fighting to be special once again, as underdogs [even to their fans apparently] and that's always been a pretty advantageous place for the Jets to be.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,790
    It amazes me how some fans just can't look at actual football teams and the game itself without the lens of fantasy football. Lol! Oh god! I'm not sure if it's funny or sad?

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Is there any other fanbase besides the Jets that concedes the season before training camp starts?

  9. #29
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,857
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    On the eve of the opening of camp, its very sad to see what the Jets have become. Our offense has been totally ignored--with our number one receiver being a disgruntled prima dona who is not even top ten in the league. Our second receiver is Kerley? Our third receiver is a rookie? Our tight end is totally over-rated. But Rex and BeanCounter know better--we will become a ground and pound team with that scintillating super star, Shonn Greene, carrying the ball, backed up by McKnight! And who is going to open up the holes for these super stars. Mangold can't play all the positions. And what did Bean and Mouth do to improve this mediocre unit? They hired a new coach and gave him nothing to work with but Tim Tebow!

    Yes the defense will be top 5-10, but trust me, this will not get them to the playoffs. The only positive thing I can see happening this season is that people will finally understand that Rex is at best, a defensive coordinator and that Bean Counter is at best is an accountant.

    I'm prepared for the hate of the fanboys. Just keeping it real.
    yah yah yah...one-sided views are always compelling. We won't see the Ravens every week you know; did you consider that "aspect"?

  10. #30
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,857
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    A negative post by mr dinosaur.. somehow I can't say I'm surprised.

    There are a lot of legitimate concerns on the offensive side of the ball, but honestly, what did you expect the Jets would had been able to do given their cap situation? They weren't in a position to sign tight tier FAs. They couldn't dramatically overhaul the offense.

    As for their WRs- If (a big If) Holmes is happy, he can be a decent #1 WR. Top 10? No.. but productive enough to win. I think the #2 WR will either be Hill, if he shows enough, or Schillins, if he can stay healthy. Schillins was another low price/high reward guy this off season who might really pay off if he can put together an injury free season. As 90210 will tell you, the guy has talent. Add in Kerley in the slot, and Keller at TE, and our WRs are better than 2010's version.

    RB - Greene's success will depend on the OL. That we know. What is more concerning is LT's departure. Up to this point, the coaching staff hasn't trusted McKnight to block on 3rd downs, so throwing him in there now doesn't seem like the best idea. Powell and Ganaway don't excite me. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets sign a veteran RB once camp begins.

    OL - Let's be realistic instead of full panic mode. D'Brick, until last year, was a top 5 LT in football. Why can't he bounce back? Slauson is a solid player who battle injuries all season, and had off season surgery. Mangold and Moore were also hurt for part of the season. I expect all four to bounce back. As for Hunter? The guy blows. Maybe Otah pans out.. maybe one of the vets the Jets signed earlier this off season do. One thing is for certain - Sparano will not leave Hunter isolated 1 on 1 with top DEs like Schotty routinely did.

    Besides all of this, you have two big additions that will make this offense drastically different than in years past. Yes, Tim Tebow.. but more imporantly Sparano himself. I'm in the camp that Schotty's play calling and game planning played a good part in the offense's ineffectiveness. Sparano is no guru, but should do a better job than Schotty game planning his offense behind Sanchez and the team's strengths.

    Finally - Mark Sanchez You don't even need to discuss any of the above if Mark doesn't improve in seeing the field and eliminating the turnovers. Can he? Well it's make or break in year 4 for him...
    Don't stoop, shuler. Our offense will be given plenty of short fields by our magnificent D. This team will extend drives and score TD's.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Is there any other fanbase besides the Jets that concedes the season before training camp starts?
    Even Dolphins fans think they have a chance at this point.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Is there any other fanbase besides the Jets that concedes the season before training camp starts?
    You mean other fanbases don't spend training camp being consumed by pessimism?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    love it...


    being optimistic = fanboys

    being pessimistic = keeping it real



    SOJF
    it's kind of ironic that the OP has the nerve to call anybody "the mouth" when he's the king of self righteous loudmouth SOJF windbags

  14. #34
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Don't stoop, shuler.

    Our offense will be given plenty of short fields by our magnificent D.
    "Our magnificent D"?

    You mean the one that didn't show up for 14 games last season, the one that quit on it's head coach, the one that let up 45 points at Philiadelphia, the one that allowed the Giants to go 99 yards in a single play, the one that couldn't hold the Miami Dolphins, the one that didn't add a single player of significance this past offseason?

    This team is going to suck mainly because it's defense is grossly overrated and hasn't stepped-up and won a big game since the end of 2010.

    SAR I

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,594
    Doesn't camp open on the 26th? This thread is moot.

    Sent from my LTEvo

  16. #36
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    You mean other fanbases don't spend training camp being consumed by pessimism?
    More like we've spent the last two training camp's overwhelmed by optimism, so we know full-well what this preseason looks like. Last year, we were excitedly adding some missing pieces. This year, we're treading water.

    The team has done nothing to fix its problems on the OL, S, RB, or WR but put out a flyer on a couple of oft-injured projects and some rookies. We still don't have a pass rush. We no longer have LT out of the backfield. Revis and Cromartie can't stop TE's. Our HC has not regained any locker room respect. Our punter is wearing someone else's Super Bowl ring.

    There's a time to play the SOJF card. This isn't it. The team is a mess. It's arguably worse than last year with a harder schedule and a massive personality conflict.

    SAR I

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    On the eve of the opening of camp, its very sad to see what the Jets have become. Our offense has been totally ignored--with our number one receiver being a disgruntled prima dona who is not even top ten in the league. Our second receiver is Kerley? Our third receiver is a rookie? Our tight end is totally over-rated. But Rex and BeanCounter know better--we will become a ground and pound team with that scintillating super star, Shonn Greene, carrying the ball, backed up by McKnight! And who is going to open up the holes for these super stars. Mangold can't play all the positions. And what did Bean and Mouth do to improve this mediocre unit? They hired a new coach and gave him nothing to work with but Tim Tebow!

    Yes the defense will be top 5-10, but trust me, this will not get them to the playoffs. The only positive thing I can see happening this season is that people will finally understand that Rex is at best, a defensive coordinator and that Bean Counter is at best is an accountant.

    I'm prepared for the hate of the fanboys. Just keeping it real.
    Part of keeping it real would require having at least some sort of a clue about the roster and potential depth charts.

    You mention the offense being ignored, and WR first on the list. You list Kerley as the potential #2, meanwhile the Jets drafted Stephen Hill, and signed Chaz Schillens. They also drafted another WR in Rd 7, not to mention signing a player in Terrence Ganaway who has opened a lot of eyes this off-season. Yeah, having a clue here would at least help to "keep it real."

    The rest of your post is pure trash, and why should anybody "trust" you?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-25-2012 at 12:37 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The beginning of the end, however, occurred last year when we no-showed against the Cowboys. Knew right then and there that it wasn't going to end well. Smoke, mirrors, PR, and lucky bounces only go so far.

    Thank you for your honesty. It's not easy being right; hang in there.

    SAR I
    What is he right about, you clueless windbag?

  19. #39
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What is he right about, you clueless windbag?
    1. You and I don't speak anymore.

    2. Your personal attack has been reported.

    3. I look forward to your disappearance this October, true to form, just like you always do when your ridiculous predictions backfire and you hide from us until the following year thinking we've forgotten, thinking that JI doesn't have a search engine and 5 years of recorded history of your never-ending support of horrific head coaches. If I had the time or the patience I'd dig up a couple, paste 'em here for all to read, make you run and hide through the weekend.

    SAR I

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. You and I don't speak anymore.

    2. Your personal attack has been reported.

    3. I look forward to your disappearance this October, true to form, just like you always do when your ridiculous predictions backfire and you hide from us until the following year thinking we've forgotten, thinking that JI doesn't have a search engine and 5 years of recorded history of your never-ending support of horrific head coaches. If I had the time or the patience I'd dig up a couple, paste 'em here for all to read, make you run and hide through the weekend.

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us