Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

We'll play it behind the highlights of our 12-4 year.

SAR I

Too many if's when it comes to this team. Tanny has gambled big time with the future of this franchise and lost. The win now attitude has crippled this teams ability to do anything. Guaranteed contracts for aging slow players haves sealed this team fate, no faith or the ability to draft well, keeping Sh!tty for this long has destroyed Sanchez's ability to blossom, signing tone to a big deal was just plain stupid, over paying for Revis was a big mistake, he will hold out again and then will be untradeable (is this a word?). Having one of the worse O lines and still believing they can ground and pound because the signed Sporano, come on man. Now bringing in a tackle who can't stay on the field. too many if's.

Ryan and Tanny will be here for the next 2-4 season or so, then the head a$$clown will replace them and we can all go back to dreaming about winning, because that's all we have had over the past 40 years.

This thread needs a DWC shot of adrenalin in the biggest way. He's got Sanchez breaking out, Greene breaking out, McKnight breaking out, Holmes being a stud, Hill contributing, Tebow being an unstoppable wildcat force, Coples as DROY, and the Jets as the #1 NFL defense. 19-0, baby.

edit: Just saw the bold predictions thread... nay, the best Jets defense of all time. 12-13 wins, a very moderate prediction if you ask me.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-25-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Reading all the news reports and fan evaluations of the team over this offseason you would think this team won 1 game last year. With how poorly the team played last year and how the ball pretty much never bounced our way and teams never missing field goals against us we STILL won 8 games. That's the reality of our situation-we played probably the worst football that this team could play and still won 8 games. You'll have to excuse me as I'll be standing on the side with those who have a bit more of a sunny outlook on this season.

All Pro
    This is why I hate prediction threads. I don't like them when they're over-the-top, eyes-wide shut, deleriously optimistic and I don't like them when they're like this one. All prediction threads do is reveal the psychology of the predictor; they tell us absolutely nothing of value about what will happen, since we haven't a clue about fifty variables that affect teams as the season progesses that can't be predetermined. Nor is prediction a reflection of someone's status as a fan,unless someone's depressed state leads them to stop watching or rooting for their team or someone's militant optimism causes them to bully the poor depressives into silence. All that said, I'm looking forward to this season. It's all the "if's" that make it interesting and potentially compelling. And no team is exempt from "if's." None.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Too many if's when it comes to this team. Tanny has gambled big time with the future of this franchise and lost. The win now attitude has crippled this teams ability to do anything. Guaranteed contracts for aging slow players haves sealed this team fate, no faith or the ability to draft well, keeping Sh!tty for this long has destroyed Sanchez's ability to blossom, signing tone to a big deal was just plain stupid, over paying for Revis was a big mistake, he will hold out again and then will be untradeable (is this a word?). Having one of the worse O lines and still believing they can ground and pound because the signed Sporano, come on man. Now bringing in a tackle who can't stay on the field. too many if's.

Ryan and Tanny will be here for the next 2-4 season or so, then the head a$$clown will replace them and we can all go back to dreaming about winning, because that's all we have had over the past 40 years.

on paper the offense looks brutal...

If McKnight and Hill step up we'll be ok...but those are two big ifs.

Veteran
    Personally I don't believe Rextilleon ... or Sar,
    i.e. that they are that pessimistic.

Its humor, draped in an opinion, shades of off-season boredom

... and as DDNY says ... "This thread has potential"

I will defend anyone's right to have an opinion either way so I don't get all the juvenilia remarks back and fourth. Some of you people have children, fought in Vietnam, shave regularly and so fourth ... wtf is all the endless hostility about ?

Back on topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Everyone is down on Greene because he didn't break off big runs and because he seemed to go down easier than in seasons past.

But stats don't lie - he still went over 1000 and had a hugely respectable 4.2 ypc. I'm not saying he's MJD but to REALLY think that this guy can't have another good season in the tank?? - makes no sense to me . . .

With better line play and a less predictable offense Greene could easily be an upside surprise.
    My views are with adpz. I thought Greene did okay with crappy oline play last year. If the oline stays relatively healthy through the season, I have enough confidence in this defense sooooo ... I see a wild card berth.

If Otah does not get/stay healthy and Hunter does not turn back into Everett McIver letting opposing defenses get a free shot at his QB then I do see trouble but I am hoping the change of scenery for now healthy Otah has a domino effect on the Jets offense.

weird fact ; Do you remember in 1998 during Cowboys training camp when Michael Irvin inflicted a two-inch cut in the neck of ex-Jet, Everett McIver with a pair of barber's scissors ?

Will Santonio Holmes and Hunter have any moments in training camp this year I wonder ?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This defense is too talented for us to finish less than 7-9.

What it all comes down to is Sanchez.

Either he steps up and proves that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or he keeps turning the ball over at an alarming rate and we'll tread water in a sea of mediocrity until we can find a respectable QB.
    We have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Still waiting for Jordy's crying babies to make it complete. You are not known as the most optimistic of fans, but even you must see that this is ridiculous. The beginning of the end. As if these guys were happy before. We have made moves to increase defensive team speed, and hired a (very good) D line coach. We have a new offensive coordinator, and a new improve version of Brad Smith. Rex has recognized his short comings and made real strides to address them. I realize it's just talk now, but it's not something we've seen before. It's not even preseason yet. If this isn't time to panic then I don't know when it would be. I say we all pick a time and a place and all jump together.
    +1...This OP is another SOJF scud missile...on the eve of training camp no less...these guys love for their team to suck so they can ***** and moan...these whiny *****es are worse than the the patsie trolls...pathetic

Jets Insider VIP
    12 wins? In 51 years, our franchise has won 12 games one time. And this is the team we are going to get our second 12 win season with?

You fantasy land homers dont realize how good you need to be to win 12 games in this league.

With the lack of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, 10 wins is the max this team can achieve this year. And thats if every bounce went the Jets way.

Not to mention 12 wins would be mean finishing the season 8-0 after the Bye. If this team gets to 4-4 at the break, we should all be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    12 wins? In 51 years, our franchise has won 12 games one time. And this is the team we are going to get our second 12 win season with?

You fantasy land homers dont realize how good you need to be to win 12 games in this league.

With the lack of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, 10 wins is the max this team can achieve this year. And thats if every bounce went the Jets way.
    Most of us are just generally optimistic that maybe some of our problems from last year have been improved...and hoping for the playoffs and possible division title contention, thats all it is, not guaranteeing anything just hope like in all preseasons

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Our offense has been totally ignored--
    hmmm, new OC, drafted potential stud WR, drafted RB, traded for RT...and oh yeah, Tebow.

Sorry, skipped a lot of thread but this view is based on the idea that our offense will stink?

I just don't see this. If 1 or 2 guys step up on this offense it can be efficient enough to minimum get us to the playoffs.

What are the odds nobody steps up? Sanchez? Greene? Tebow? Newly acquired Otah? The rookie Hill? Santonio? The entire O-Line after a season of injuries?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    hmmm, new OC, drafted potential stud WR, drafted RB, traded for RT...and oh yeah, Tebow.
    You forgot Jordan White W/R and Robert T. Griffin Guard..

Jets Insider VIP
    Every single thing that could go wrong did last year and we still won 8 games.

We will be in the playoff hunt, and I think the defense can return to a 2009 level.

no way the jets are winning 12 games, what are you smokin. you can lock it up right now, the pats will again win the afc east. tops, the jets will win 9, and not make the playoffs, and rex and tanny will be FIRED.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

The good news?

This forum will be a ghost-town in October, we'll have it all to ourselves and then we can have productive, realistic conversation of what must happen to restore us to playoff contention.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Every single thing that could go wrong did last year and we still won 8 games.

We will be in the playoff hunt, and I think the defense can return to a 2009 level.
    Wait, what?

We were handed wins against Buffalo (home game, obviously) and Washington, not to mention by Tony Romo.

Every single thing that could go right happened in 2010. Not every single thing that could go wrong happened last year. Could and should have been worse.