Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

On the eve of the opening of camp, its very sad to see what the Jets have become. Our offense has been totally ignored--with our number one receiver being a disgruntled prima dona who is not even top ten in the league. Our second receiver is Kerley? Our third receiver is a rookie? Our tight end is totally over-rated. But Rex and BeanCounter know better--we will become a ground and pound team with that scintillating super star, Shonn Greene, carrying the ball, backed up by McKnight! And who is going to open up the holes for these super stars. Mangold can't play all the positions. And what did Bean and Mouth do to improve this mediocre unit? They hired a new coach and gave him nothing to work with but Tim Tebow!

Yes the defense will be top 5-10, but trust me, this will not get them to the playoffs. The only positive thing I can see happening this season is that people will finally understand that Rex is at best, a defensive coordinator and that Bean Counter is at best is an accountant.

I'm prepared for the hate of the fanboys. Just keeping it real.

The offense does seem pretty bad. I really hope we add another running back. I have ZERO confidence in McKnight. I like the kid Hill though along with Holmes, Keller and Kerley. Tebow will help some.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    The offense does seem pretty bad. I really hope we add another running back. I have ZERO confidence in McKnight. I like the kid Hill though along with Holmes, Keller and Kerley. Tebow will help some.
    Well it would be nice if Hill became a viable option. Again, we wont know. I'm just shocked they did nothing to improve this offense. I'm actually feeling sorry for Sanchez, because with the group around him, we will never find out how good he can be.

Hall Of Fame
    4 or 5 wins - 4th Place in the AFC East

All League
    Ganaway (RB) is supposed to be impressing so far.

Sent from my LTEvo

That sounds about right--I think at this point New England and Buffalo are better and Miami is not far behind. I figure at best 8-8, more likely 6-10.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Ganaway (RB) is supposed to be impressing so far.

Sent from my LTEvo
    From your mouth to God's ears. Greene is at best a back up power back for most NFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    On the eve of the opening of camp, its very sad to see what the Jets have become. Our offense has been totally ignored--with our number one receiver being a disgruntled prima dona who is not even top ten in the league. Our second receiver is Kerley? Our third receiver is a rookie? Our tight end is totally over-rated. But Rex and BeanCounter know better--we will become a ground and pound team with that scintillating super star, Shonn Greene, carrying the ball, backed up by McKnight! And who is going to open up the holes for these super stars. Mangold can't play all the positions. And what did Bean and Mouth do to improve this mediocre unit? They hired a new coach and gave him nothing to work with but Tim Tebow!

Yes the defense will be top 5-10, but trust me, this will not get them to the playoffs. The only positive thing I can see happening this season is that people will finally understand that Rex is at best, a defensive coordinator and that Bean Counter is at best is an accountant.

Thanks Cimini Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post

What you wrote might come true. But I can't understand how you'd be this negative right before camp - the one time where all fans are justified to be optimistic.

Do you think when the Bengals opened camp last year that their fans thought they were working with a playoff team?

All it takes is one or two guys to make a difference. Nothing says Coples can't pull an Aldon Smith this year. Nothing says Hill can't go for 50/700/10. Nothing says the Sanchez/Sparano marriage isn't a much much better fit for the QB.

If that's how you feel that's how you feel. But man, I can't imagine being this pessimistic before the team even suits up. I don't necessarily see a playoff team myself, but there's too many unknowns to draw such a negative conclusion already, at least for me.

love it...

being optimistic = fanboys

being pessimistic = keeping it real

SOJF

Jets Insider VIP
    I think you're being a little too dramatic.

Although I will fully admit that I'd feel a lot better about our offense if we had a legit RB in the backfield. Greene is a one dimensional inside runner and an average at best starter. The rest of our backfield is one giant question mark.

This defense is too talented for us to finish less than 7-9.

What it all comes down to is Sanchez.

Either he steps up and proves that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or he keeps turning the ball over at an alarming rate and we'll tread water in a sea of mediocrity until we can find a respectable QB.

All Pro
    If the strip was a presidential campaign, this post would be the opening speech at the SOJF party's Woe is Me convention......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A negative post by mr dinosaur.. somehow I can't say I'm surprised.

There are a lot of legitimate concerns on the offensive side of the ball, but honestly, what did you expect the Jets would had been able to do given their cap situation? They weren't in a position to sign tight tier FAs. They couldn't dramatically overhaul the offense.

As for their WRs- If (a big If) Holmes is happy, he can be a decent #1 WR. Top 10? No.. but productive enough to win. I think the #2 WR will either be Hill, if he shows enough, or Schillins, if he can stay healthy. Schillins was another low price/high reward guy this off season who might really pay off if he can put together an injury free season. As 90210 will tell you, the guy has talent. Add in Kerley in the slot, and Keller at TE, and our WRs are better than 2010's version.

RB - Greene's success will depend on the OL. That we know. What is more concerning is LT's departure. Up to this point, the coaching staff hasn't trusted McKnight to block on 3rd downs, so throwing him in there now doesn't seem like the best idea. Powell and Ganaway don't excite me. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets sign a veteran RB once camp begins.

OL - Let's be realistic instead of full panic mode. D'Brick, until last year, was a top 5 LT in football. Why can't he bounce back? Slauson is a solid player who battle injuries all season, and had off season surgery. Mangold and Moore were also hurt for part of the season. I expect all four to bounce back. As for Hunter? The guy blows. Maybe Otah pans out.. maybe one of the vets the Jets signed earlier this off season do. One thing is for certain - Sparano will not leave Hunter isolated 1 on 1 with top DEs like Schotty routinely did.

Besides all of this, you have two big additions that will make this offense drastically different than in years past. Yes, Tim Tebow.. but more imporantly Sparano himself. I'm in the camp that Schotty's play calling and game planning played a good part in the offense's ineffectiveness. Sparano is no guru, but should do a better job than Schotty game planning his offense behind Sanchez and the team's strengths.

Finally - Mark Sanchez You don't even need to discuss any of the above if Mark doesn't improve in seeing the field and eliminating the turnovers. Can he? Well it's make or break in year 4 for him...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    What you wrote might come true. But I can't understand how you'd be this negative right before camp .
    you're talking to a guy who was negative through the team's two AFC championship runs. He's either miserable, or just a troll. For his sake, I hope the latter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    A negative post by mr dinosaur.. somehow I can't say I'm surprised.

There are a lot of legitimate concerns on the offensive side of the ball, but honestly, what did you expect the Jets would had been able to do given their cap situation? They weren't in a position to sign tight tier FAs. They couldn't dramatically overhaul the offense.

As for their WRs- If (a big If) Holmes is happy, he can be a decent #1 WR. Top 10? No.. but productive enough to win. I think the #2 WR will either be Hill, if he shows enough, or Schillins, if he can stay healthy. Schillins was another low price/high reward guy this off season who might really pay off if he can put together an injury free season. As 90210 will tell you, the guy has talent. Add in Kerley in the slot, and Keller at TE, and our WRs are better than 2010's version.

RB - Greene's success will depend on the OL. That we know. What is more concerning is LT's departure. Up to this point, the coaching staff hasn't trusted McKnight to block on 3rd downs, so throwing him in there now doesn't seem like the best idea. Powell and Ganaway don't excite me. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets sign a veteran RB once camp begins.

OL - Let's be realistic instead of full panic mode. D'Brick, until last year, was a top 5 LT in football. Why can't he bounce back? Slauson is a solid player who battle injuries all season, and had off season surgery. Mangold and Moore were also hurt for part of the season. I expect all four to bounce back. As for Hunter? The guy blows. Maybe Otah pans out.. maybe one of the vets the Jets signed earlier this off season do. One thing is for certain - Sparano will not leave Hunter isolated 1 on 1 with top DEs like Schotty routinely did.

Besides all of this, you have two big additions that will make this offense drastically different than in years past. Yes, Tim Tebow.. but more imporantly Sparano himself. I'm in the camp that Schotty's play calling and game planning played a good part in the offense's ineffectiveness. Sparano is no guru, but should do a better job than Schotty game planning his offense behind Sanchez and the team's strengths.

Finally - Mark Sanchez You don't even need to discuss any of the above if Mark doesn't improve in seeing the field and eliminating the turnovers. Can he? Well it's make or break in year 4 for him...
    that there's some mighty big ifs pardner...

Sparanos right tackle last year lead the league in sacks

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    What you wrote might come true. But I can't understand how you'd be this negative right before camp - the one time where all fans are justified to be optimistic.

Do you think when the Bengals opened camp last year that their fans thought they were working with a playoff team?

All it takes is one or two guys to make a difference. Nothing says Coples can't pull an Aldon Smith this year. Nothing says Hill can't go for 50/700/10. Nothing says the Sanchez/Sparano marriage isn't a much much better fit for the QB.

If that's how you feel that's how you feel. But man, I can't imagine being this pessimistic before the team even suits up. I don't necessarily see a playoff team myself, but there's too many unknowns to draw such a negative conclusion already, at least for me.

I agree with you buts its guys like this and JETS fans who are so neg is why we wont be Sh**t because no one has any faith...We had a bad year one game less than the Super bowl Winning team and its about when you get hot and who makes a play and who doesnt...

Who knows im very optimistic and I think that the Running game will be fine and our D will bail us out and we will be pleasantly surprised...

But if people feel like this thread is about "the beginning of the end" than stop being a fan and root for Big Blue you troll.

better yet root for NE or Miami or Buffalo who absoulutely did the same thing we didnt...Made their D better and nothing with their O...So cool out guy.

DUMP!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    that there's some mighty big ifs pardner...
    not really. just a realistic post on where things stand. the offense stands to be mediocre... not quite 'the beginning of the end'. the jets will bank on their defense to carry the team into the playoffs. no surprise there..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Another pessimistic post by rextilleon.

Shocking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Our offense lacks playmakers. Its a good thing we have tebow to make plays. Tebow will take over as starting qb sometime in October. Just in time to save our season.

He did it last year in Denver. He will do it for us this year.

And next year, tim will get the full camp as the starter and sparano will have the qb taylor made for his offense.