Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What I know is that if a bunch of Jets fans want to have a conversation about the team that isn't optimistic we have the right to do so without being assaulted by fellow Jets fans. It's insane that we get better treatment from Patriots fans on a Jets forum.

SAR I
    It was so nice the last month or so without your boring BS trolling routine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It was so nice the last month or so without your boring BS trolling routine. Just because the Blind Homer Cult runs around spewing optimism doesn't make your brand of troll different than what you perceive mine to be. Ask fans of the other 31 NFL teams, ask them whose the troll. Will hurt your feelings, I promise.

Generally speaking, if you don't like the title of a thread you aren't going to like its subject matter and you should move onto another thread. Fantastic advice. Take it.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    + million

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure was

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We were all happy and on the same page in 2010 and 2011. Remember why? Because the realists looked at the roster and the prior year's experience and came to the conclusion that we were up-and-coming legit contenders. We used our eyes and made a good prognostication and you felt good about us. Today we use our eyes and make a similarly good prognostication and you feel like we're negative because you can't help but be foolishly positive.

The reason you perceive us to be worlds apart now is because you're a blind homer and we're realistic and for 2012 the two thoughts don't mesh whereas in the 2010 and 2011 offseasons they did.

SAR I
    I'm not a blind homer. Find where I predict 12 wins or a SB title. I watch 16 games for the entertainment of each game. You're a whiner who thinks whoever has the best name toys is better than others. You are a poser who doesn't look for the entertainment in games you want a championship or nothing else.

Two different takes, I'm the happier person though.

That you think your opinion makes you realistic and those who disagree are homers says it all BTW.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a blind homer. Find where I predict 12 wins or a SB title. I watch 16 games for the entertainment of each game. You're a whiner who thinks whoever has the best name toys is better than others. You are a poser who doesn't look for the entertainment in games you want a championship or nothing else.

Two different takes, I'm the happier person though.

That you think your opinion makes you realistic and those who disagree are homers says it all BTW.
    No thanks.

Leave the thread. Tell your Blind Homer Cult friends to do likewise. Otherwise, I'll organize The Realists and we'll crash every single positive thread on the Landing Strip from now until January. That's a promise. You've been warned.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR, serious question...

What joy to you get out of this team?

How are you still devoted to them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks.

Leave the thread. Tell your Blind Homer Cult friends to do likewise. Otherwise, I'll organize The Realists and we'll crash every single positive thread on the Landing Strip from now until January. That's a promise. You've been warned.

SAR I
    Your douchebaggery has been reported..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    SAR, serious question...

What joy to you get out of this team?

How are you still devoted to them?
    I get joy out of this team simply when they are headed in the right direction, building towards a Super Bowl Champion. The Jets can go 3-13 next year so long as we are smartly bringing in talent, getting a head coach who can nurture them, playing at 110% effort level, etc. I'll be there with bells on at 2-10 in frigid January watching us get the spit beat out of us by Buffalo so long as I have hope that the coming seasons will make it all worthwhile.

Unfortunately, I get no joy out of this team when I think they are built incorrectly and are treading water unnecessarily. This season I go in depressed, feeling like we have the shell of a "win right now" 2010 team left and a management team too afraid to do what's right because of the head coaches entertainment value. I won't sit there and freeze if we're 2-10 if I have no hope that the coming seasons will make it all worthwhile.

I've felt like this before. I felt like this at the end of almost every Jets head coaches regime. Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Rich Kotite, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan. I just know when time's up, just know when we're holding onto them one season too long, just know when the players don't want to play hard for them. I saw all the signs with Ryan last year. And, no, not just Week 17. Starting in Week 1.

I'm into the Jets for my lifetime. For 70 years or so if things go according to plan. And during that long haul there will be periods of frustration, periods of glory, and periods of uncertainty. I can be a grouchy, unhappy, pessimistic fan for a couple of years, isn't going to change how it looks at the end of all 70 which is a loyal fan who stuck by his team and did what he could to help them put a winner on the field.

For this particular season, I would have rather watched a new head coach and a rebuilding-on-the-fly roster go 6-10 than watch the Rex Ryan Leftover Freakshow go 9-7.

SAR I

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Realists can't have a thread left alone to ourselves without the invasion of the Blind Homer Cult, yup.

We have a right to be able to have a pessimistic conversation without being called names and trolled by fans who are, supposedly, just as loyal and dedicated as we are. This doesn't happen in other sports forums. We're allowed to have different points of view and our own threads to discuss them in. Go back to the Hangar where you are Queen Of The Dorks. You don't belong here.

SAR I
    LMAO

This will be a FCUKING AWESOME SEASON.

Posthumously,

J. Jones

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks.

SAR I
    I'm not the one who has people following him telling him to shut up everywhere he posts Go somewhere and "organize". .

Please follow through on your threats, figured you were that insecure and childish.

Should I pull a SAR, cry, whine and report this threat to the mods?

And don't ever tell me what to do.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-26-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    On the eve of the opening of camp, its very sad to see what the Jets have become. Our offense has been totally ignored--with our number one receiver being a disgruntled prima dona who is not even top ten in the league. Our second receiver is Kerley? Our third receiver is a rookie? Our tight end is totally over-rated. But Rex and BeanCounter know better--we will become a ground and pound team with that scintillating super star, Shonn Greene, carrying the ball, backed up by McKnight! And who is going to open up the holes for these super stars. Mangold can't play all the positions. And what did Bean and Mouth do to improve this mediocre unit? They hired a new coach and gave him nothing to work with but Tim Tebow!

Yes the defense will be top 5-10, but trust me, this will not get them to the playoffs. The only positive thing I can see happening this season is that people will finally understand that Rex is at best, a defensive coordinator and that Bean Counter is at best is an accountant.

I'm prepared for the hate of the fanboys. Just keeping it real.
    true

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because I'm a Jets fan and that's what we do. Forums are a good outlet for our feelings, on gameday's we root like crazy for the win.

SAR I
    And it's probably why Jets fans have the repuation as some of the whiniest, "woe is me" fans on the planet.

There's a difference between being objective and walking around constantly acting like the sky is falling, which you do more than probably any other person on this board.

You say that you have 4 season tickets and spend thousands of dollars on this team. My question is...why? If you have absolutely zero faith in this team winning more than 4 or 5 games this season, then why f*ck with the traffic every Sunday? Why sit outside in the hot and cold and rain and snow pissing away a Sunday afternoon and wasting money on something that gives you no joy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get joy out of this team simply when they are headed in the right direction, building towards a Super Bowl Champion. The Jets can go 3-13 next year so long as we are smartly bringing in talent, getting a head coach who can nurture them, playing at 110% effort level, etc. I'll be there with bells on at 2-10 in frigid January watching us get the spit beat out of us by Buffalo so long as I have hope that the coming seasons will make it all worthwhile.

Unfortunately, I get no joy out of this team when I think they are built incorrectly and are treading water unnecessarily. This season I go in depressed, feeling like we have the shell of a "win right now" 2010 team left and a management team too afraid to do what's right because of the head coaches entertainment value. I won't sit there and freeze if we're 2-10 if I have no hope that the coming seasons will make it all worthwhile.

I've felt like this before. I felt like this at the end of almost every Jets head coaches regime. Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Rich Kotite, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan. I just know when time's up, just know when we're holding onto them one season too long, just know when the players don't want to play hard for them. I saw all the signs with Ryan last year. And, no, not just Week 17. Starting in Week 1.

I'm into the Jets for my lifetime. For 70 years or so if things go according to plan. And during that long haul there will be periods of frustration, periods of glory, and periods of uncertainty. I can be a grouchy, unhappy, pessimistic fan for a couple of years, isn't going to change how it looks at the end of all 70 which is a loyal fan who stuck by his team and did what he could to help them put a winner on the field.

For this particular season, I would have rather watched a new head coach and a rebuilding-on-the-fly roster go 6-10 than watch the Rex Ryan Leftover Freakshow go 9-7.

SAR I
    Something needs to change for sure. Am with the Jets since 1970, so am not going anywhere, but would love to have some draft gurus, and some better offensive coaching, which I believe may be on it's way. I just don't like the idea of riding a QB, it's ok for the team, but that QB is going to get hurt some time. Bringing in a serious FB would have been better, and a right tackle or 2 or 3. With the backs we have, we have to rotate them, and get powell in the mix. Can't believe we missed out on the RB from U of Miami, kid is going to be a beast. We really need help in the offensive drafting department and not sure Rex is the guy to making these decisions. He falls in love with his guys and gets locked in. Hire Bill Polian, give him whatever he wants and get him here. He would help this team become a SB contender and dynasty type team. Anyway, dreamtime over.

We're going to have some ups because tebow is going to make good competition, and at the same time, keep defenses off balance.
    IMO.
    Go Jets!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Something needs to change for sure. Am with the Jets since 1970, so am not going anywhere, but would love to have some draft gurus, and some better offensive coaching, which I believe may be on it's way. I just don't like the idea of riding a QB, it's ok for the team, but that QB is going to get hurt some time. Bringing in a serious FB would have been better, and a right tackle or 2 or 3. With the backs we have, we have to rotate them, and get powell in the mix. Can't believe we missed out on the RB from U of Miami, kid is going to be a beast. We really need help in the offensive drafting department and not sure Rex is the guy to making these decisions. He falls in love with his guys and gets locked in. Hire Bill Polian, give him whatever he wants and get him here. He would help this team become a SB contender and dynasty type team. Anyway, dreamtime over.

We're going to have some ups because tebow is going to make good competition, and at the same time, keep defenses off balance.
    IMO.
    Go Jets!
    Don't know much of the U of M kid but I enjoyed your take on the state of the Jets and it's hard to argue with it. I do think it's been one of the weirdest off seasons that I can remember. I am very curious to see if they can make the Sanchez/Tebow wildcat combination work. The sum of the Sanchez/Tebow parts may be greater that their individual contributions. It's a trade when presented, the Jets had to make. If they can make it work, I feel it might get us back to the playoffs.

Special team play has kept us in so many games, I don't think this year will be any different.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks.

SAR I
    Go suck it, SAR, nobody's scared of nerdy threats from a whiny wimp

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Realists can't have a thread left alone to ourselves without the invasion of the Blind Homer Cult, yup.

We have a right to be able to have a pessimistic conversation without being called names and trolled by fans who are, supposedly, just as loyal and dedicated as we are. This doesn't happen in other sports forums. We're allowed to have different points of view and our own threads to discuss them in. Go back to the Hangar where you are Queen Of The Dorks. You don't belong here.

SAR I
    LOLGFY, your schtick isn't realism, it's boring pathetic schtick.

And I didn't call you names--but you just called me names so game on assclown.

What is it, since you haven't been able to destroy the Hampur like you swore you would, now you want to mock it because everyone over there thinks you're a dick?

Go hang out in Ramsey with your mistress, you don't belong here with real men.

BTW, cheating in a marriage is really something else impressive you have to brag about, everyone must be so proud of you

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks.

SAR I
    and now you have been warned, you will not ruin every thread this season or you will be doing it elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Your douchebaggery has been reported..
    I'm not the one who has people following him telling him to shut up everywhere he posts Go somewhere and "organize". .

Please follow through on your threats, figured you were that insecure and childish.

Should I pull a SAR, cry, whine and report this threat to the mods?

And don't ever tell me what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Go suck it, SAR, nobody's scared of nerdy threats from a whiny wimp
    the rest of you don't get sucked in, just ignore

thank you