Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Pessimistic: The Beginning of the End

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think you're being a little too dramatic.

Although I will fully admit that I'd feel a lot better about our offense if we had a legit RB in the backfield. Greene is a one dimensional inside runner and an average at best starter. The rest of our backfield is one giant question mark.

This defense is too talented for us to finish less than 7-9.

What it all comes down to is Sanchez.

Either he steps up and proves that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or he keeps turning the ball over at an alarming rate and we'll tread water in a sea of mediocrity until we can find a respectable QB.
    Agreed. This dude is clearly looking for attention....

Hall Of Fame
    This thread has potential.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

This team is going to suck mainly because it's defense is grossly overrated and hasn't stepped-up and won a big game since the end of 2010.

SAR I
    No way, pal. 12-n-4. Go knock over somebody else's milk.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rather than argue, refute or comment further on the wallowing wit and wisdom of rextilleon and the rest of his gloom and doom club.. I only have this to say in conclusion...

Please dont dump this one. Let our resident SOJFs have this cozy little thread to consolidate their whining, moaning and negativity to their hearts content. That way maybe they will leave the rest of JI to Jet fans

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Everyone is down on Greene because he didn't break off big runs and because he seemed to go down easier than in seasons past.

But stats don't lie - he still went over 1000 and had a hugely respectable 4.2 ypc. I'm not saying he's MJD but to REALLY think that this guy can't have another good season in the tank?? - makes no sense to me . . .

With better line play and a less predictable offense Greene could easily be an upside surprise.

You think the team doesn't feel like this is a make-or-break year? I see guys fighting to be special once again, as underdogs [even to their fans apparently] and that's always been a pretty advantageous place for the Jets to be.
    Great post, it's like these fools forget that the NFL is a team game.
    Did they forget that Greene was running behind a line that was missing the best center in the game for a while? Even when he came back he wasn't 100%.
    Moore was coming off surgery on both hips!
    Slauson was so banged up he had off season shoulder surgery!
    Hunter..................nothing needs to be said!
    DBrick? Everyone on this board has said it was his worst year as a pro!

So, lets just conclude that Shonn Greene sucks. This team will go as far as the defense, Oline, Sanchez cutting down TOs takes them.
    If Jets get in playoffs, scary team that no one wants to play now that Hill, Davis & Gannaway have been incorporated.

My take on this season is a lot rides on the 1st 5 games. If Jets surprise & say, take one from Steelers & shock the 49ers at home (could happen, west coast team, 1:00 PM game), I feel they will get BETTER as the year progresses.
    We'll see....I'll be watching everygame as I always do & keep away from ledges.

More like we've spent the last two training camp's overwhelmed by optimism, so we know full-well what this preseason looks like. Last year, we were excitedly adding some missing pieces. This year, we're treading water.

The team has done nothing to fix its problems on the OL, S, RB, or WR but put out a flyer on a couple of oft-injured projects and some rookies. We still don't have a pass rush. We no longer have LT out of the backfield. Revis and Cromartie can't stop TE's. Our HC has not regained any locker room respect. Our punter is wearing someone else's Super Bowl ring.

There's a time to play the SOJF card. This isn't it. The team is a mess. It's arguably worse than last year with a harder schedule and a massive personality conflict.

SAR I
    If the Jets are in the playoff hunt....please stay away & allow other fans to enjoy it please. I'll be watching & I'll remember this post & we can revisit you Joe Benigno Quotes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This thread has potential.
    Still waiting for Jordy's crying babies to make it complete. You are not known as the most optimistic of fans, but even you must see that this is ridiculous. The beginning of the end. As if these guys were happy before. We have made moves to increase defensive team speed, and hired a (very good) D line coach. We have a new offensive coordinator, and a new improve version of Brad Smith. Rex has recognized his short comings and made real strides to address them. I realize it's just talk now, but it's not something we've seen before. It's not even preseason yet. If this isn't time to panic then I don't know when it would be. I say we all pick a time and a place and all jump together.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I could've sworn the jets went 8-8 not 2-14...weird.

While other teams always seem to be projected to do better, the jets are always projected to do worse...a lot worse. I guess we did go 2-14...:beer: here's to a better season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IX 7 III View Post

While other teams always seem to be projected to do better, the jets are always projected to do worse...a lot worse. I guess we did go 2-14...:beer: here's to a better season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    You don't get the logic. It would be better if we had went 2-24. Then we wouldn't have this false hope. They were happy we didn't make the playoffs last year. These guys said as much when we went to the championship game. Worst thing that could have happened. Try not to get inside their heads. It's a dark and lonely place, and everyone is out to get you.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree completely that little was done to improve the personnel on offense.

The big move was the staff.

If we're good kudos to Sparano.
    If we're bad last year wasn't Schotty's fault.

I believe the offense will be improved ( play calling counts).
    However, making the playoffs will be a struggle.

We should aspire to be top 5 on both sides of the ball.
    Instead we continue to aspire to top 5 on D and mediocre on O.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    I agree completely that little was done to improve the personnel on offense.

The big move was the staff.

If we're good kudos to Sparano.
    If we're bad last year wasn't Schotty's fault.

I believe the offense will be improved ( play calling counts).
    However, making the playoffs will be a struggle.

We should aspire to be top 5 on both sides of the ball.
    Instead we continue to aspire to top 5 on D and mediocre on O.
    The offense rides on Sanchez improving, which as you said, may very well ride on Sparano. We spent the 5th overall pick on him, and a number 2 on a WR. I believe we are aspiring. What else besides a RT did you want them to do, and which one would you have gotten?

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    2012 Jets: 12-4

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by IX 7 III View Post

The "end" defined by the OP is our legitimate shot at a Super Bowl, you know, the game we came 60 minutes away from twice in the past two prior years. So saying we are going to go 8-8 again is "the end" from that perspective.

SAR I

All Pro

SAR I
    See that. It actually makes you happy when the Jets lose. So very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    See that. It actually makes you happy when the Jets lose. So very sad.
    Nothing could be farther from the truth. It makes me sad to see good Jets fans so wrong.

SAR I

Just add your wife leaving, your dog dying, and your mother hit by a train and go write a country song. We'll play it behind the highlights of our 12-4 year.

All Pro
    Nothing could be farther from the truth. It makes me sad to see good Jets fans so wrong.

SAR I
    IDK. In that gif you look pretty damn happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    IDK. In that gif you look pretty damn happy.
    The GIF is "ROFL", not "happy".

Someone says "The Jets are going 12-4" and it's laughable. That's the point. I'm a Jets fan, haven't missed a game on TV or in person since 1980, like other season ticket holders with 4 seats I've spent $60,000 on Jets games this past decade. Believe me, no one wants the Jets to do well this year than me. But one must be realistic, and if one looks at last year and where we are this year, there's no reason to be optimistic. Not this season. I had the pom-pom's out in full last August because there was good reason. Not now.

SAR I