Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romney Blasts Security Leaks as an Obama Betrayal

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    I did read the article, and it was very interesting. Other than the fact that it creates more terrorists than it kills, I have no issue with drone strikes. In fact, I think Pakistan and Yemen would make terrific uninhabited parking lots.

In any case, how is the leaker patriotic exactly?
    I'm surprised a bit.

I'm not quite sure what Obama is doing is legal/constitutional, even if it is effective - that's why it's patriotic in leaking it.

Is that not one of the most informative pieces of journalism done in the past decade? After reading that, one sees rather clearly what the War on Terror is, and how we are waging it.

And since they're drones, we're not risking Americans, nor anything strategic. Nothing in that article could be used by Al Qaeda.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I'm surprised a bit.

I'm not quite sure what Obama is doing is legal/constitutional, even if it is effective - that's why it's patriotic in leaking it.

Is that not one of the most informative pieces of journalism done in the past decade? After reading that, one sees rather clearly what the War on Terror is, and how we are waging it.

And since they're drones, we're not risking Americans, nor anything strategic. Nothing in that article could be used by Al Qaeda.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I'm surprised a bit.

IMO, the perfectly illustrates how party loyalty comes before policy in the US today.

It's just not worth debate with people who are so dedicated to a "side", as nothing is concrete, all ideas and actions must be seen (and judged) through the prism of party.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    IMO, the perfectly illustrates how party loyalty comes before policy in the US today.

It's just not worth debate with people who are so dedicated to a "side", as nothing is concrete, all ideas and actions must be seen (and judged) through the prism of party.
    The leak was patriotic bro... Din't u kno

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Two questions...

Do you think someone from the President's inner circle has leaked information that negatively impacts our national security/foreign policy......
    Possibly.

When was the last administration who DIDN'T leak information

Do you remember Valerie Plame?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Why did you bold the portion of the article that has absolutely nothing to do with the title of the OP, as the NYT main point here seems to be saying that Romney is calling Obama treasonous, which if he assisted in leaking the information, I completely agree with...
    Cause it is funny

Romney shaking his fist at Iran have them terrified

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Possibly.

When was the last administration who DIDN'T leak information

Do you remember Valerie Plame?
    Indeed.

So you support a special prsecutor then, like the Plame case?

That would be refreshingly nonpartisan of you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like