Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN killing me...Now I can't Stand Tim Tebow!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, when you have the biggest QB controversy in the NFL, you will always get a ton of media coverage.
    Your trolling has actually been amusing me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    No..I don't like Tebow for what he brings..and what he doesn't bring.
    ESPN sucks..for pushing him and the B.S. that surrounds him...
    it's not about FOOTBALL. He's not a starter, and hasn't done ANYTHING
    here...in NEW YORK to warrent this much coverage.
    Am I wrong?
    This makes trying to follow my team suck.

As far as my opinion on Tebow personally..
    I don't think he's handsome,I Don't mix Religon with Football,
    Can't stand that he's smiling in every gazillion photos,
    And he can barely throw a football!

Like my 3 year old twins would say " I can't like him"! LOL!
    It's hard to give a guy an honest chance when he's forced down your friggin throat~
    For the record..I happen to appreciate what our actual starting QB has done and the potential he brings. I got Sanchez's back...and yes Tebow is a dick.
    nuff said~
    Wasn't this same exact thing said just a few weeks ago on a witness stand during a trial in Pennsylvania?

(What? Too soon? )

Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    This ****head doesn't even have a legit position..
    Yet every time they say "JETS" they show 50 camera shots of Tim Tebow?
    Disgusting~

I know it's their job to gear up the negative and what ifs and controversy, but this guy makes me wanna puke.
    I was willing to give it a chance..now i'm like
    GO AWAY!!

I hope Sanchez has a career year and Guy Smiley gets laughed out of town.
    Enough already...this is a mockery and an insult to anybody who's stood by this team for any length of time.

Gee in ONE camera shot, our starting QB was blurry in the background! LOL!
    Just sad~
    Go the **** away...Guy Smiley!!!
    Dude...at least we get coverage. From 1987 to 1995 to only coverage we got was when they showed offensive highlights. Oh..we were the defense getting over run. Seriously, all teams great plays seemed to be against the JETS.

As much as I hate the Tebow drones and all of the unnecessary ink Tebow generates, the guy really isn't responsible for it.

I do think Tebow uses the platform he's been given to some extent. He could turn down most of the requests for publicity but until the media gets over their love affair with him, it's going to continue to take front and center of not only the offseason, but the real season as well I'm afraid.

I think the Jets fans are just going to have to bite their lip on this one.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know why people are deciding to get mad about it now. This is the media circus that the team signed up for.

It has indeed only just begun and it is a mistake to think that it will just be big bad ESPN that is going to milk the cow.

All Pro
    The Jets storyline for this season and possibly beyond has been set, and it's all of their own doing.

NFL Network promo that's been running for months now:

Shot of Sanchez throwing in camp, voice over "...and when the competition heats up...", shot of Tebow throwing in camp.

Get used to it.

Good job Woody, Tanny, and Rex. It's only a matter of time before the converted RB is our starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I don't know why people are deciding to get mad about it now. This is the media circus that the team signed up for.

It has indeed only just begun and it is a mistake to think that it will just be big bad ESPN that is going to milk the cow.

Right, the problem is that there's a huge national interest in Tebow. He's a clean-cut, well mannered, talented football player and people want to see him succeed. There's no doubt he's talented enough. The question is whether he's talented enough in a specific set of skills that fit into a NFL system.

ESPN is just giving the nation what they want...more Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yo Mods - could someone make this thread Stokes-proof? I fear he'd have a stroke.....Stokes Stroke.....hmmmm

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Tebow.

- my own thoughts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

Actually this is a crock.

There hasn't been nearly the media circus the sky is falling crew predicted. The team isn't split in any way, there are no Tebow followers on this team splitting from the rest.

The controversy is that there is no controversy. Mgt and teammates are firmly in Sanchez's camp. If people watched ESPN, ironic, last night they did a training camp special and Shefter, Mort, etc were amazed by how well the team has handled all of this and how there is no QB controversy. But then again people run here to start threads over imagined issues not reality

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    There hasn't been nearly the media circus the sky is falling crew predicted.
    Based on what exactly? Camp hasn't even started yet. In terms of offseason TV media coverage, if you haven't noticed a strong Tebow-Jets correlation, then you simply aren't paying enough attention.

The controversy is that there is no controversy. Mgt and teammates are firmly in Sanchez's camp.
    True, for now. Let's see what happens if we start the season poorly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

There hasn't been nearly the media circus the sky is falling crew predicted. The team isn't split in any way, there are no Tebow followers on this team splitting from the rest.
    Just wait until Sanchez has a few fumbles, INT's, pick 6's and multiple 3-and-outs.

The Tebow/Sanchez situation is just like Mount St Helens before the eruption.

All League
    Don't watch. I haven't tuned into ESPN for months - literally - therefore the garbage they choose to broadcast has no impact on my feeling of the Jets.

I still like Tebow, and Sanchez, and everyone else. It's as simple as that, because I am not swayed by the annoying and sensationalized media.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

As fans we get tired of it, can you imagine how the players feel.
    Well, by all accounts his teammates in Denver loved it. That's why they were so broken up about him getting traded.

Especially the defense and the WRs--they LOVED the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Yo Mods - could someone make this thread Stokes-proof? I fear he'd have a stroke.....Stokes Stroke.....hmmmm
    Sorry, couldn't resist

_

Tebow is the face of the Jets franchise to the media now. He is the most recognizable, popular player. The Jets knew this when they made this absurd trade, yet they did it anyway. It is obvious Jets management wants the team to be synonymous with Tebow.

As a longtime Jets fan who thinks Tebow is highly overrated and gets over-the-top coverage, it is painful to know our team is perceived as "Tebow's team"

If it all goes bad this year (which it might), there will be plenty of turnover and Tebow may not even be back.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

If it all goes bad this year (which it might), there will be plenty of turnover and Tebow may not even be back.
    Wow, those last 6 words sent shivers down my spine. Please elaborate.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Tebow is the face of the Jets franchise to the media now. He is the most recognizable, popular player. The Jets knew this when they made this absurd trade, yet they did it anyway. It is obvious Jets management wants the team to be synonymous with Tebow.

As a longtime Jets fan who thinks Tebow is highly overrated and gets over-the-top coverage, it is painful to know our team is perceived as "Tebow's team"

The Jets management doesn't necessarily want to be synonymous with Tebow. They want to be synonymous with attention and headlines, and it's been that way since the start of the 2010 campaign. Tebow represented the best way for the team to get attention this offseason, so Tannenbaum pulled the trigger and hey, mission accomplished.

Pretty sad that our brass seemingly likes attention more than football-smart moves. However, when looking at it from a football standpoint, I like the Tebow trade. Giving up a fourth for him was fine with me. He's proven he can lead a team to a division (albeit a terrible one) win and a playoff win. Giving up a fourth for that is not too bad. He's a nice safety valve in case something happens to #6, and he can be used as a weapon in goal line situations.

I can do without all the media attention, but I am fine with upgrading at the QB position, which is what we did.

Banned
    Then don't watch ESPN and support our backup Quarterback.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    The Jets management doesn't necessarily want to be synonymous with Tebow. They want to be synonymous with attention and headlines, and it's been that way since the start of the 2010 campaign.

Pretty sad that our brass seemingly likes attention more than football-smart moves.
    If we miss the playoffs this year, there *NEEDS* to be a shakeup in the FO. We like Rex Ryan for his boldness and attitude but it could ultimately kill the team, in which case he will need to go.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    If we miss the playoffs this year, there *NEEDS* to be a shakeup in the FO. We like Rex Ryan for his boldness and attitude but it could ultimately kill the team, in which case he will need to go.
    I would send Tannenbaum packing before Ryan, so I somewhat agree.