Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRAINING CAMP OPENS TOMORROW- July 26

Jets Insider VIP

TRAINING CAMP OPENS TOMORROW- July 26

The loooooooog dark and endless offseason is finally almost DONE

GO JETS!!!!!!

Besides the playoffs, I look forward to training camp the most. First look at the rookies playing in full pads, All the new FA. A lot less baseball coverage, so you can even listen to the radio.

All Pro
    Can't wait...although really what's the point? We didn't make the playoffs last year. The best we can hope for is that we don't win any games so they'll fire everyone, and start rebuilding. The worst thing that could happen is we get lucky, win the Super bowl, and get the false hope that we're pretty good. I'm so depressed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Can't wait...although really what's the point? We didn't make the playoffs last year. The best we can hope for is that we don't win any games so they'll fire everyone, and start rebuilding. The worst thing that could happen is we get lucky, win the Super bowl, and get the false hope that we're pretty good. I'm so depressed.
    Cool story, bro.

...and i fade back to black.

Jeez, I wake up, read 3 negative posts in a row and now even the positive threads are getting dumped on. What did I miss last night? Did Obama cut everyone's depression meds? Is it this bad every year at this time?

Only 11 teams did better than 8-8 last year. Yes it's a drop from 2 playoff runs but what doesn't kill you etc etc. I for one can't wait for the pre-season to start, this will be a kicka$$ year!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... F'in Pumped for this!!! ...

... one of my favorite things about this site is when KRL and the rest of you come back and post your impressions of camp ... ...

l_j_r

All League
    I should be in Cortland on Friday by 4-5 pm and I'll be there for the first
    three practices. Too bad they have an off day on Tuesday

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank friggin god.

The bumass Mets got me further than I thought the would until the wheels fell off.

NBA=Done
    MLB=Who cares
    Olympics= Only lasts a few weeks, semi easy to ignore

NFL time baby.

sitting on my arse watching NFL network's Training Camp Live. I think it's like 9 hours long. need to make a beer run.

What hurts is that although it's great to get to training camp, the next 4 weeks are going to be spent with us having false impressions about how well our teams are going to perform this season and who will stay and who will get cut. It's all a lot of fun but in the end, it's still not going to be a good predictor about how any team is going to do once the season starts.

It will be more interesting than off-season though.

Hall Of Fame
    Took my dog for a walk @ 5am this morning and was saying to myself how it was such a beautiful day. Then I got hit by a cool breeze and it made me think of autumn.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

All League
    bout damn time

stupid NFL network ... they are talking about the Panthers and made remarks how Cam newton reported early with the rookies when the veterans aren't supposed to report until Friday. Well, not only are they showing Newton, but Derek Anderson, Jimmy Clausen, Jon Beason, etc. -- all veterans! But only Newton getting the pub and praise. See how the media manipulates things. Only see what they want you to see. The Jets media are masters of this.

one of the things I love about football is that every year is a new beginning and chance to accomplish something great.

anyone dumping on the team and pessimistic before training camp even opens should find a new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    one of the things I love about football is that every year is a new beginning and chance to accomplish something great.

anyone dumping on the team and pessimistic before training camp even opens should find a new hobby.
    well, we wouldn't know anything about that part on this board.

Friday is the first practice and its not even opened to the public, Saturday is the first practice opened to everyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    stupid NFL network ... they are talking about the Panthers and made remarks how Cam newton reported early with the rookies when the veterans aren't supposed to report until Friday. Well, not only are they showing Newton, but Derek Anderson, Jimmy Clausen, Jon Beason, etc. -- all veterans! But only Newton getting the pub and praise. See how the media manipulates things. Only see what they want you to see. The Jets media are masters of this.
    Did you happen to see the rookie year Newton put up?

He deserves all the pub and praise he is getting.

Im so F'en pumped for tomorrow!!!

Love that at least the end of summer comes with the start of FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    CAN'T WAIT!