Thread: Loon Hunting in MAine?

All League

Loon Hunting in MAine?

Currently trying to book a last minute vacation in Maine. Don't want coastal cuz I already live on the ocean. Every bleeping rental still available has a description like this:

"Get away from it all! Let the magic of Lake Webb seduce you. Relax on the spacious covered porch while taking in the beautiful lake with the mountains beyond. Swim out front or stroll down the lane to our sandy beach. The spacious living room with its huge stone fireplace warms you on a cool night, and marshmallows never tasted better. There is plenty to do—climb up Tumbledown where you can see for miles, tennis, golf, biking, and fishing. As you close out your day you may hear that lonely sound of the loon—they love it here too!"

Know what? **** loons! They suck dick. They keep you up at night. Wake you up early. And if you're fishing and there's a loon nearby give up cuz they hang around you like a homeless person begging change and eat anything you hook. I would pay a few bucks extra to someplace that lets you just shoot the mother****ers. Loons have become to Maine lakes what deer have become to the northeast suburbs or seals to Cape Cod...essentially giant rats that need to be killed.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 07-24-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Loons don't like tourists, I've heard.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    Loons > Gary Moore

Jets Insider VIP
    Give Mainepat a call...He'll shoot anything that walks or swims or flies or crawls

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Loons > Gary Moore
    wtf

-

Hall Of Fame
    The reason why the population of these birds and all of these species explodes is b.c there are no apex predators to keep them in check. Too many deer b.c there aren't many bears b.c of hunting and destruction of their habitat. Too many seals b.c we kill millions of sharks every year. Not sure if there are any birds that hunt loons.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Currently trying to book a last minute vacation in Maine. Don't want coastal cuz I already live on the ocean. Every bleeping rental still available has a description like this:

"Get away from it all! Let the magic of Lake Webb seduce you. Relax on the spacious covered porch while taking in the beautiful lake with the mountains beyond. Swim out front or stroll down the lane to our sandy beach. The spacious living room with its huge stone fireplace warms you on a cool night, and marshmallows never tasted better. There is plenty to do—climb up Tumbledown where you can see for miles, tennis, golf, biking, and fishing. As you close out your day you may hear that lonely sound of the loon—they love it here too!"

Know what? **** loons! They suck dick. They keep you up at night. Wake you up early. And if you're fishing and there's a loon nearby give up cuz they hang around you like a homeless person begging change and eat anything you hook. I would pay a few bucks extra to someplace that lets you just shoot the mother****ers. Loons have become to Maine lakes what deer have become to the northeast suburbs or seals to Cape Cod...essentially giant rats that need to be killed.
    You should hear what the Loons say about New Yorkers, (especially hampurites).

Apropos of nothing, but are the ladies hampurettes?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not sure if there are any birds that hunt loons.
    Eagles I bet. And osprey maybe. I was yhinking I mIght bring my potato cannon. Haven't used it in years. Need to check the igniter still works.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP

I'd recommend Snipe hunting