Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 4s or BlackBerry Torch? Opinions

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Iphone 4s or BlackBerry Torch? Opinions

Just wondering what any of you who have used both think. I have BlackBerry Torch issued for work and my personal phone is the Iphone 4s. I had the iphone 3G before this one. I personally find it to be no contest between the two. My money is on the Iphone. I have never had a phone that I like as much. The BlackBerry on the other hand infuriates me. It is slow and cumbersome to use on the internet and all of them I have had have had issues requiring the battery to be taken out and put back in often to get them working again. Very slow to boot also. It seems to handle email ok and messenger works ok, but I just find it to be an inferior product to the Iphone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your company/business doesn't have a RIM server for email and require it- don't bother w/ the Blackberry.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id be shocked if Blackberry existed in 10 years.

Talk about not adapting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you need opinions if you have both? Your personal experience would be better than any opinion anyone could offer. But, FWIW iPhone > BB, IMO. I had BB for 3 yrs prior to switching. But like I said, this is a very personal decision, based off of personal use. I am sure there are instances where a BB could be superior although I have not experienced one.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Why do you need opinions if you have both? Your personal experience would be better than any opinion anyone could offer. But, FWIW iPhone > BB, IMO. I had BB for 3 yrs prior to switching. But like I said, this is a very personal decision, based off of personal use. I am sure there are instances where a BB could be superior although I have not experienced one.
    Just know a lot of people who swear by BlackBerry and wondered if anyone had the same experience as me. I never thought about the servers. I bet that is the problem, ours go thru county servers and I bet they are not RIM. I just know the one I have sucks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My azz is perpetually clean, because my Blackberry sucks it.

Hope that helps.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Id be shocked if Blackberry existed in 10 years.

Talk about not adapting.
    Exactly. I thought Blackberry was bellyup, or just about defunct. I wouldn't get a blackberry. My company switched from blackberry to Droids a few months ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Exactly. I thought Blackberry was bellyup, or just about defunct. I wouldn't get a blackberry. My company switched from blackberry to Droids a few months ago.
    RIM took huge hits last year... They never looked past the Blackberry... Their fault, completely...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question

So I just got my first "Smart Phone", a Droid Motorola Razor Maxx, and my computer is suppose to recognize it when I plug it into the puter, but it don't, just charges.
    I went to the Motorola web site and down loaded a non specific droid driver and I still can't sink with my puter and phone, any suggestions?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Question

So I just got my first "Smart Phone", a Droid Motorola Razor Maxx, and my computer is suppose to recognize it when I plug it into the puter, but it don't, just charges.
    I went to the Motorola web site and down loaded a non specific droid driver and I still can't sink with my puter and phone, any suggestions?
    You might have it wired wrong. Does it look like this?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    You might have it wired wrong. Does it look like this?

================================================== =====

No, my set up doesn't have the happy face.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    iPhone has been life changing for me after switching over from Android a month ago. I don't know phones by any stretch, but I know that I am in love with the iPhone. It's been perfect.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the correct answer is, and always has been: buy a MAC

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question

It could actually be the USB port itself - you don't get a pop-up stating that your pc recognized new hardware?

Also (not sure) but I think you have to enable something on the phone - USB debugging?)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    Just wondering what any of you who have used both think. I have BlackBerry Torch issued for work and my personal phone is the Iphone 4s. I had the iphone 3G before this one. I personally find it to be no contest between the two. My money is on the Iphone. I have never had a phone that I like as much. The BlackBerry on the other hand infuriates me. It is slow and cumbersome to use on the internet and all of them I have had have had issues requiring the battery to be taken out and put back in often to get them working again. Very slow to boot also. It seems to handle email ok and messenger works ok, but I just find it to be an inferior product to the Iphone.
    I have a Torch and it pretty much sucks. I have it b/c my office requires that we have blackberries and I don't want to have to devices to lug around, so I only carry my blackberry.

The one thing I like about the Torch though is the keyboard. I've been a BB user all my adult life so I'm pretty much addicted to having a keyboard. I'm sure I'd get used to the iphone screen, but right now I don't like it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The one thing I like about the Torch though is the keyboard. I've been a BB user all my adult life so I'm pretty much addicted to having a keyboard. I'm sure I'd get used to the iphone screen, but right now I don't like it.
    That's EXACTLY the same reason I went with the Torch for 3 weeks.

The iPhones keyboard seems unwieldy at first, but that thing will start to remember sh*t you type......now, after using it for 3 months, I can send a text after 4 NattyDaddy's and it'll auto-correct me and make me seem sober.

Sometime when I type on it now, I don't even try knowing that it'll fix it. I get frustrated when I type on the PC and it doesn't fix it on it's own. If you just use it for a week, you won't want to go back to the tiny a** BB keyboard keys....

I even showed the GF the other day. I typed "Iikl pick yoiu iip in asn hoirq" and it auto corrected it to say "I'll pick you up in an hour"...
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 07-25-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you wait till September, you can purchase the iPhone 5.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

I typed "Iikl pick yoiu iip in asn hoirq"
    That could have totally turned bad on you

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get an Android. Picked up the Samsung Galaxy Siii two weeks ago and it's bar none the best smart phone I've had - and I've been through an iPhone and several Androids.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question

When I connect my Droid X to my computer there is a popup on the droid that asks if I want to use USB Mass Storage or Charge only. When I choose storage the device is seen in Windows Explorer after it installs the driver. It also installs some Motorola App as an autorun from the phone's drive that is nice for some phone settings.