Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iphone 4s or BlackBerry Torch? Opinions

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    When I connect my Droid X to my computer there is a popup on the droid that asks if I want to use USB Mass Storage or Charge only. When I choose storage the device is seen in Windows Explorer after it installs the driver. It also installs some Motorola App as an autorun from the phone's drive that is nice for some phone settings.
    He's right.

The problem is that new smart phones are charged via USB. So now you have to change the settings on your phone. when your connected, you should check your notification center on your phone. it should say "Charge Only" and you should be able to click on that button.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    Just wondering what any of you who have used both think. I have BlackBerry Torch issued for work and my personal phone is the Iphone 4s. I had the iphone 3G before this one. I personally find it to be no contest between the two. My money is on the Iphone. I have never had a phone that I like as much. The BlackBerry on the other hand infuriates me. It is slow and cumbersome to use on the internet and all of them I have had have had issues requiring the battery to be taken out and put back in often to get them working again. Very slow to boot also. It seems to handle email ok and messenger works ok, but I just find it to be an inferior product to the Iphone.
    Long time, no post! You hitting the Jets/Titans game again this season?

The Torch BLOWS. I have one for work and it is God awful. Everything about it sucks and I'm a Blackberry guy (but soon switching to an iPhone once the 5 comes out). I can't speak to the iPhone at all, but the Torch is garbage, not to mention RIM will be going under very soon.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work in the Cell Phone distribution business..let me yell you...Balckberry is on life support. We have BB Torch sitting here collecting dust.

I switched from a BB 9930 Bold Touch to a Droid Razr Maxx and will never go back. The keyboard is what held me back for years and now I wonder why...

It's crazy how fast companies like Palm and Rim went down. Just didnt keep with the times.
    Last edited by Jetfan61; 07-25-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rage

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Long time, no post! You hitting the Jets/Titans game again this season?

The Torch BLOWS. I have one for work and it is God awful. Everything about it sucks and I'm a Blackberry guy (but soon switching to an iPhone once the 5 comes out). I can't speak to the iPhone at all, but the Torch is garbage, not to mention RIM will be going under very soon.
    Yes I am gonna make Jets Titans for Monday night football, you going?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    RIM took huge hits last year... They never looked past the Blackberry... Their fault, completely...
    RIM's woes enabled me to get a great deal on a Blackberry Playbook for my kid, which he likes better than my android tablet.