Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70

Thread: Joseph Addai

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    707
    Guess we'll agree to disagree.

    He didn't do well against the Jets but still racked up a 5.1 ypc. for the season.

    A couple of tough games against a top run D ( games which the Pats won handily) isn't enough to convince me Ridley is an average RB. Vereen is still a ??? due to his injuries last season. Ridley has the ability to break the long run more than BJGE did.

    I'll let his body of work during the season speak for him

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    wow

    Lawfirm -gone goodbye and now they've released Addai


    Tammi is going to have to throw for 7000 yards this season with NO running game whatsoever
    he probably will...the tight end play alone confuses the shlt out of us.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Guess we'll agree to disagree.

    He didn't do well against the Jets but still racked up a 5.1 ypc. for the season.

    A couple of tough games against a top run D ( games which the Pats won handily) isn't enough to convince me Ridley is an average RB. Vereen is still a ??? due to his injuries last season. Ridley has the ability to break the long run more than BJGE did.

    I'll let his body of work during the season speak for him
    Spectre, you're a very positive poster. I'm going to pretend that your overconfidence is your weakness.

  4. #24
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Spectre, you're a very positive poster. I'm going to pretend that your overconfidence is your weakness.
    I'm a glass half full fan

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Sorry, Spectre. You know I'm one of the the first Jet fans on here who will give the Pats their credit, but as far as RBs go, they're just not good. Period. Ridley may be your best back, which I would even dispute in favor of Woodhead in certain spots, but they're all simply not good. They're average RBs, at best, on a good day.

    What do you base them being "good", if they couldn't supplant BJGE when he was here? It's a downgrade.

    If they get a significant number of touches this season, I'll welcome it, because it means they're not going far, and it keeps the ball out of the Brady Bunch's hands.
    Yeah, I'm really not sure how you can make such definitive statements about a guy who had limited touches and another guy who was injured most of the year, neither of whom had the benefit of a full offseason. Vereen is a 2nd rounder, and has beast potential with pass-catching abilities. Ridley already showed his explosive potential in limited action last year.

    If I made the same statements you are making about Joe McKnight, who has been around for a full 2 years, the homers would flip out. Apparently no running back drafted by the Pats could ever have the potential to be good on his own right. It has been written.

  6. #26
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Guess we'll agree to disagree.

    He didn't do well against the Jets but still racked up a 5.1 ypc. for the season.

    A couple of tough games against a top run D ( games which the Pats won handily) isn't enough to convince me Ridley is an average RB. Vereen is still a ??? due to his injuries last season. Ridley has the ability to break the long run more than BJGE did.

    I'll let his body of work during the season speak for him
    But as Jet fans have found out in Shonn Greene, you can't extrapolate performance in part time roles to a full time gig. You have no idea how the body will hold up. The law firm was solid but unspectacular. Sometimes that's OK. Especially when you can have other guys get the occasional carry.

    Leon Washington was the perfect example of a great part time back, not such a good full time guy.

    Maybe it will work out, but his past performance isn't truly indicative of what will happen this yea.r

  7. #27
    They are unproven- at this time no one can say how good or bad they are. Ridley looked ok in limited action but like a lot of rookies he had an issue with ball control.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Sorry, Spectre. You know I'm one of the the first Jet fans on here who will give the Pats their credit, but as far as RBs go, they're just not good. Period. Ridley may be your best back, which I would even dispute in favor of Woodhead in certain spots, but they're all simply not good. They're average RBs, at best, on a good day.

    What do you base them being "good", if they couldn't supplant BJGE when he was here? It's a downgrade.

    If they get a significant number of touches this season, I'll welcome it, because it means they're not going far, and it keeps the ball out of the Brady Bunch's hands.


    Ridley has good running talent, I don't know what you're talking about. He averaged 5.1 yds a carry while BJGE only averaged 3.7 a carry.

    For the Jets sake, all we can hope is that he actually fumbles.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Yeah, I'm really not sure how you can make such definitive statements about a guy who had limited touches and another guy who was injured most of the year, neither of whom had the benefit of a full offseason. Vereen is a 2nd rounder, and has beast potential with pass-catching abilities. Ridley already showed his explosive potential in limited action last year.

    If I made the same statements you are making about Joe McKnight, who has been around for a full 2 years, the homers would flip out. Apparently no running back drafted by the Pats could ever have the potential to be good on his own right. It has been written.
    My opinions on McKnight are not unlike my opinions on Ridley and Vereen (except as a returner - where he has excelled).

    And as for Patriot fans' opinions on this, you should actually be consistent with your assessment on players who have not had significant and meaningful playing time for both the Jets and the Pats. It's like saying McKnight will be crap for the Jets, but Solder, Vereen, Ridley, and other players on the Pats will step in strong in 2012.

    All those players are who they are at this point. Reserves, who will benefit from the absence of a more significant starter/contributor at that position. Maybe Solder's situation is different. Vereen, and Ridley would not start on most NFL teams.

    That's my opinion. I'm allowed.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    But as Jet fans have found out in Shonn Greene, you can't extrapolate performance in part time roles to a full time gig. You have no idea how the body will hold up. The law firm was solid but unspectacular. Sometimes that's OK. Especially when you can have other guys get the occasional carry.

    Leon Washington was the perfect example of a great part time back, not such a good full time guy.

    Maybe it will work out, but his past performance isn't truly indicative of what will happen this yea.r
    Precisely. Law Firm was the very definition of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Perfect for an offense that doesn't care at all about running the ball.

    This offense will care, however. McDaniels loves to involve running backs in the passing offense, so Vereen will be become extremely valuable. Ridley can carry the rock, folks. The Pats are looking to add another dimension to the offense through the running game.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Yeah, I'm really not sure how you can make such definitive statements about a guy who had limited touches and another guy who was injured most of the year, neither of whom had the benefit of a full offseason. Vereen is a 2nd rounder, and has beast potential with pass-catching abilities. Ridley already showed his explosive potential in limited action last year.

    If I made the same statements you are making about Joe McKnight, who has been around for a full 2 years, the homers would flip out. Apparently no running back drafted by the Pats could ever have the potential to be good on his own right. It has been written.
    Maybe because this is a...wait for it...JETS MESSAGE BOARD??


  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    My opinions on McKnight are not unlike my opinions on Ridley and Vereen (except as a returner - where he has excelled).

    And as for Patriot fans' opinions on this, you should actually be consistent with your assessment on players who have not had significant and meaningful playing time for both the Jets and the Pats. It's like saying McKnight will be crap for the Jets, but Solder, Vereen, Ridley, and other players on the Pats will step in strong in 2012.

    All those players are who they are at this point. Reserves, who will benefit from the absence of a more significant starter/contributor at that position. Maybe Solder's situation is different. Vereen, and Ridley would not start on most NFL teams.

    That's my opinion. I'm allowed.

    You are the one saying Ridley and Vereen are nothing more than 3rd down backs, that is a definitive prediction of their value that you basing off of nothing.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Ridley has good running talent, I don't know what you're talking about. He averaged 5.1 yds a carry while BJGE only averaged 3.7 a carry.

    For the Jets sake, all we can hope is that he actually fumbles.
    YPC means nothing in the absence of a significant workload to base it on.

    McKnight averaged 4.8 yards per carry in his rookie year on 39 carries. When he has 239, then it'll mean something. Maybe Ridley will surprise, but a quality starting NFL RB he has not proven he can be at this point.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,939
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    YPC means nothing in the absence of a significant workload to base it on. McKnight averaged 4.8 yards per carry in his rookie year on 39 carries. When he has 239, then it'll mean something. Maybe Ridley will surprise, but a quality starting NFL RB he has not proven he can be at this point.
    So Martin on 369 carries and 3.5 ypc in 1998 was actually better the Terrell Davis 392 carries and 5.1 ypc??

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You are the one saying Ridley and Vereen are nothing more than 3rd down backs, that is a definitive prediction of their value that you basing off of nothing.
    So now, a Patriot fan wants a Jets fan, on a Jets message board, to admit that despite the RB doing nothing significant in his rookie year (sorry, most of his yards came when the Patriots were already ahead, and in the second half of games), that said RB can be a quality starter for the team in 2012? And furthermore dismisses anything any Jets player may accomplish, regardless how significant or insignificant those accomplishments may be?

    I can easily say that McKnight will run all over the field, because he showed that he can find holes like he did on the kick returns. He was a Pro Bowler, and will be able to convert that to behind the offensive line.

    Just be consistent.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So Martin on 369 carries and 3.5 ypc in 1998 was actually better the Terrell Davis 392 carries and 5.1 ypc??
    Yards per carry, in the ABSENCE of a significant workload (39 carries is an example of that), means nothing. What you're writing above is the equivalent of trying to troll.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,939
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Yards per carry, in the ABSENCE of a significant workload (39 carries is an example of that), means nothing. What you're writing above is the equivalent of trying to troll.
    No Sh_t ya think..

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    So now, a Patriot fan wants a Jets fan, on a Jets message board, to admit that despite the RB doing nothing significant in his rookie year (sorry, most of his yards came when the Patriots were already ahead, and in the second half of games), that said RB can be a quality starter for the team in 2012? And furthermore dismisses anything any Jets player may accomplish, regardless how significant or insignificant those accomplishments may be?

    I can easily say that McKnight will run all over the field, because he showed that he can find holes like he did on the kick returns. He was a Pro Bowler, and will be able to convert that to behind the offensive line.

    Just be consistent.
    I honestly never made any predictions about McKnight... I was just using him as an example. You called Ridley and Vereen nothing more than 3rd down backs... which means, if that's the case, the Pats are sitting on three of them and are screwed in their running game. I don't know why they let Addai go, but Ridley and Vereen are two high-round RBs to handle the duties now. I have no idea why you are crapping all over them based on minimal NFL experience. The Pats offense doesn't need a star RB, but they do need someone who can grab the ball and run forward... the Pats do that sometimes, crazy as it sounds.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    They're both not good. They may carry the rock a lot this year, but it's not going to be very far.
    Pats rbs' look like a pile of rubbish this year. Jets' enhanced D will get their share of shots at Bieber

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I honestly never made any predictions about McKnight... I was just using him as an example. You called Ridley and Vereen nothing more than 3rd down backs... which means, if that's the case, the Pats are sitting on three of them and are screwed in their running game. I don't know why they let Addai go, but Ridley and Vereen are two high-round RBs to handle the duties now. I have no idea why you are crapping all over them based on minimal NFL experience. The Pats offense doesn't need a star RB, but they do need someone who can grab the ball and run forward... the Pats do that sometimes, crazy as it sounds.
    Because he's also a 3rd down back, giving them 4?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us