Thread: Jets Cancel Hofstra Practice

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Jets Cancel Hofstra Practice

Jets Practice Update

Hempstead, NY - With the start of the 2012-13 academic year and the hosting of the second Presidential Debate occurring soon, the timing of a number of campus maintenance projects within James M. Shuart Stadium and the campus community have had to be adjusted. Due to the altered maintenance schedule as a result of hosting the Presidential Debate, work on James M. Shuart Stadium will need to occur in the latter part of August.

Therefore, due to the timing of this work, the University and the New York Jets agreed that the August 21 date would no longer be viable for the previously scheduled practice.

Jets Statement -
    “We have had a great relationship with Hofstra University for many years and we understand the circumstances. Based on the timing, the team has decided to move the August 21 practice to MetLife Stadium. Although we’re sorry that the location of this year’s practice needed to be change, we are committed to remaining connected to our Long Island fans.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Finally done with Long Island. Yes!

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Thought I recognized that background.

Thhaaat sucks...

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Thought you were younger than that.

MetLife Stadium, can't wait!
    Last edited by CMEC; 07-25-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Stony Brook!!!

Better facility anyway

All Pro
    The local gentry prefer futbol these days anyway

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. Working on the stadium? They don't even have a football team anymore.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Thought you were younger than that.
    That's not me.

I'm just glad that we don't have to have the players drag themselves out to a state we don't play in for fans we don't play for and towns they don't live in. No need for these token appearances on Long Island. It just tires the players out and is a distraction they don't need.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

That's not me.

I'm just glad that we don't have to have the players drag themselves out to a state we don't play in for fans we don't play for and towns they don't live in. No need for these token appearances on Long Island. It just tires the players out and is a distraction they don't need.

SAR I
    I totally agree that taking the team out to LI in the middle of camp is tiring & a distraction, but no need to piss on the Jet fans who live there. Enjoy your trip to Cortland.

Good. I will now be spending three of nine days in my wonderful seats in 104 watching the Jets. The 18th and 26th for the Giants and Panthers games, and the 21st for practice. Tremendous.

Practice Squad
    Although Hofstra is one of the finer universities this country has to offer, I will gladly hit the Meadowlands as opposed to my alma mater.. Cant Wait!

Jets Insider VIP
    8/21 at Jet Life in my terrific LSL seats....

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan61 View Post
    Stony Brook!!!

Better facility anyway
    Makes sense. LIRR stops at the campus too.

All Pro
    Has anyone attended the open Practices at Met Life in the past? Is it you sit anywhere or are they telling you where to sit?

Practice Tailgate??? What time does it start?

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Jets Practice Update

Hempstead, NY - With the start of the 2012-13 academic year and the hosting of the second Presidential Debate occurring soon, the timing of a number of campus maintenance projects within James M. Shuart Stadium and the campus community have had to be adjusted. Due to the altered maintenance schedule as a result of hosting the Presidential Debate, work on James M. Shuart Stadium will need to occur in the latter part of August.

Therefore, due to the timing of this work, the University and the New York Jets agreed that the August 21 date would no longer be viable for the previously scheduled practice.

Jets Statement -
    “We have had a great relationship with Hofstra University for many years and we understand the circumstances. Based on the timing, the team has decided to move the August 21 practice to MetLife Stadium. Although we’re sorry that the location of this year’s practice needed to be change, we are committed to remaining connected to our Long Island fans.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    where is the Sunblock for the kiddies?? Got a little redhead girl myself and she burns in the shade! Any idea on the time for the practice at Metlife?

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Makes sense. LIRR stops at the campus too.
    Get her done...