Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newly acquired T Jeff Otah failed Jets physical; placed on active/PUP.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    So your not buying into the conspiracy theory where the Jets take injured, attitude prone players down into the secret basement where questionable doctors with creepy assistants administer never before tested football drugs that turn players into NFL Frankensteins capable of destoying small villages? (-;
    I hope so. Maybe Detective Swanson has more information he's not at liberty to discuss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Nobody is saying the Jets didn't do their homework. Well all know this team signed him hoping they could get him healthy and have him replace Hunter.

So if we know they really want to replace Hunter, why not have dealt with this in free agency and have brought in a real starter who's healthy? Like a Winston who would have cost the same money as Hunter and Otah combined.

If Hunter starts and does fail, which is very realistic and possible, this could be a major major F'up and cost the team the season and people their jobs. Most who talk up Sanchez blame Hunter for our QB's poor season.

Please dont tell me all is ok on the RT front. Front offices make mistakes and over look certain areas of the team. RT could be one of them. This is a realistic concern.
    Winston got 22mil over 4 years. No details available. I'm guessing that contract is voidable after 2 years after at least 15 mil in guarantees. There were no other tackles available this year. None.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently the deal is that the Jets have 7 days to see if Otah can pass a physical, if not they can ship him right back to Carolina and get their pick back.

How anyone could think they simply traded for Otah, with no contingency plan, or knowledge of his injury is beyond ridiculous. This is a near BILLION dollar organization. NFL teams are run by an Owner, Coach and GM....meaning our guys are 3 of about 100 or so top football men in the country. Im pretty sure calling them idiots, especially in a situation like this is pretty short sighted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get this team sometimes. Obviously they know Hunter is not the answer by trading for Otah.

If we would've just cut Hunter a while back and not traded for Otah we could've used the same money on Winston.

If Hunter has to play and he plays poorly this will be the biggest blunder this FO has made. And will most likely cause this offense to struggle like last year. One bad apple on the oline is a killer, even if its loaded with probowlers.
    This is what I advocated a long time ago and this is not the first time the FO has taken this approach with the OL. Can any of us truly forget Adrien Clark I can't.

And indeed whether people out here want to admit it or not Hunter and the poor line play in general directly impacted Sanchez and the entire Jets' offense last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I hope so. Maybe Detective Swanson has more information he's not at liberty to discuss.
    Hahaha, he's here on a "need to know" basis too?

Hey, you never know & if Otah isn't fit to play, no reason why they can't cut him, then bring him back when he's healthy while still leaving the door open for other player pickups. Still early yet.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Apparently the deal is that the Jets have 7 days to see if Otah can pass a physical, if not they can ship him right back to Carolina and get their pick back.

How anyone could think they simply traded for Otah, with no contingency plan, or knowledge of his injury is beyond ridiculous. This is a near BILLION dollar organization. NFL teams are run by an Owner, Coach and GM....meaning our guys are 3 of about 100 or so top football men in the country. Im pretty sure calling them idiots, especially in a situation like this is pretty short sighted.
    I'm not calling them idiots for the trade. The trade was a no brainer as there is no risk. All im saying is, if we struggle at RT again its unnaceptable. Especially that we didnt try and upgrade the position with a draft pick or in FA. If the same guy (Hunter) struggles for a 2nd year in a row the front office really dropped the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter was garbage last year, we can all agree on that. So if the team like you said is using him as a project to eventually take over at RT that says alot aboout how they feel about Hunter.

All i'm saying is, we better be good at RT this season or heads must roll. Because this was our weakest spot last year on the team, killed our QB's development and realy cost this offense big time. So knowing all this and not really addressing the position with a healthy upgrade is horrible management if we fail again at the position for a second straight year.

We must be good at RT or Tanny really looks like a moron here.
    Can't completely disagree on Hunter, he didn't play well last year, fine, agreed.

But I think he is a player that can still play and has shown it.

Agreed again, we need a better performance at the position, but as mentioned, I think the team has more confidence in him than most fans do, and quite possibly the problems last year was how Schotty ran the offense, and lacking performance at TE to help with pass protection, and that the schemes the offensive coaching staff ran didn't help matters.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Or could it be even remotely possible that the NY Jets have absolutely no clue WTF they are doing anymore?

I am sorry for always being so negative, but really, WTF are they doing with these "prexisting condition" players? I do not like the direction we are going in at all because it is down. We have a new, more boring and vanilla OC, questionable (at best) RB, WR, TE, OT, and even QB where we are sure to have a controversy in the media, if not on the field as well. We have (had) no pass rush, older LB's, a decent or 2 CB's along with the one 1 HOF CB (who will be playing distracted because 39 million dollars over 3 years is not enough for him to live comfortably on), and zero talent at S.

Our kicker stinks and the punter is, well, I dunno who it is.
    Oh and we have little to no depth after the regular starting teams.

I wish I felt the same enthusiasm for the upcoming season that (most of) everyone else does, but with this team/organization? I am sorry, I just don't get it. This looks, on paper to me, to be the 4th place team in the AFCE, 3rd place at best with a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

ASH
    Tanny has screwed himself, these are the only player he can afford to sign. All the $$$ waisted on over paying players and guaranteeing the finale years $$$ has caused this issue. Great move signing a one legged tackle to replace the worse takle in the league.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Tanny has screwed himself, these are the only player he can afford to sign. All the $$$ waisted on over paying players and guaranteeing the finale years $$$ has caused this issue. Great move signing a one legged tackle to replace the worse takle in the league.

Yeah, they should have let Mangold, Revis, Dbrick and Cromartie walk.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Was he out of shape or did he fail because of his knee?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He "tweaked" his knee in Minicamp, but according to Dr. James Andrews he'll be fine. No need to rush him back. At least he isn't trying voo-doo magic to repair his injuries, like Landry.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Otah trade is contingent on him passing physical in next 7 days

OK so not a few weeks..A week

This is why I didn't have a hard time keeping my expectations in check yesterday. It was a no risk move, any criticism of Tanny is ridiculous. Also, I'll be moderately surprised if we get more than 4 games out of Otah.

It was a "why the hell not?" move.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Or could it be even remotely possible that the NY Jets have absolutely no clue WTF they are doing anymore?

I am sorry for always being so negative, but really, WTF are they doing with these "prexisting condition" players? I do not like the direction we are going in at all because it is down. We have a new, more boring and vanilla OC, questionable (at best) RB, WR, TE, OT, and even QB where we are sure to have a controversy in the media, if not on the field as well. We have (had) no pass rush, older LB's, a decent or 2 CB's along with the one 1 HOF CB (who will be playing distracted because 39 million dollars over 3 years is not enough for him to live comfortably on), and zero talent at S.

Our kicker stinks and the punter is, well, I dunno who it is.
    Oh and we have little to no depth after the regular starting teams.

I wish I felt the same enthusiasm for the upcoming season that (most of) everyone else does, but with this team/organization? I am sorry, I just don't get it. This looks, on paper to me, to be the 4th place team in the AFCE, 3rd place at best with a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

ASH
    You're right this team's going nowhere in 2012. See you in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this pathetic chowd troll ASH seriously think anybody is buying his transparent attempts to masquerade as a Jet fan?!?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 07-25-2012 at 10:32 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Hahaha, he's here on a "need to know" basis too?

Hey, you never know & if Otah isn't fit to play, no reason why they can't cut him, then bring him back when he's healthy while still leaving the door open for other player pickups. Still early yet.
    Yes, but unlike you he folds like origami when questioned. Then sends you photographic evidence of the very thing he's not at liberty to discuss. Anyway we don't know the details of the failed physical yet. Atlantic health certainly has their work cut out for them this year. Tanny's looking under every rock. We all should know that there were no better tackles available except for Winston. He wanted to be the highest paid right tackle in the NFL, and no details of his contract have been released, but people here seem to know we could have had him for 4 mil this year. I still don't know that they didn't rework Hunters contract. Does anyone know this for sure yet?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew there was something fishy about this trade.why would carolina give up otah for a 7th rounder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Otah saw Dr Andrews the #1 orthopedic surgeon Sports doctor in the country and he gave his knee a clean bill of health. Relax 5 week till kick off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to, waiting on my connect to finally come through.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing we don't know is why Otah failed his physical, it could have been conditioning related, and he will be given a week to get in shape to pass it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Winston got 22mil over 4 years. No details available. I'm guessing that contract is voidable after 2 years after at least 15 mil in guarantees. There were no other tackles available this year. None.
    Except for that one event the league hosts every year in NYC. What do they call that again?

If the RT position cripples our offense again that would be inexcusable.