Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newly acquired T Jeff Otah failed Jets physical; placed on active/PUP.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No big deal. FF2 hasn't passed a physical in like two decades!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Or could it be even remotely possible that the NY Jets have absolutely no clue WTF they are doing anymore?

I am sorry for always being so negative, but really, WTF are they doing with these "prexisting condition" players? I do not like the direction we are going in at all because it is down. We have a new, more boring and vanilla OC, questionable (at best) RB, WR, TE, OT, and even QB where we are sure to have a controversy in the media, if not on the field as well. We have (had) no pass rush, older LB's, a decent or 2 CB's along with the one 1 HOF CB (who will be playing distracted because 39 million dollars over 3 years is not enough for him to live comfortably on), and zero talent at S.

Our kicker stinks and the punter is, well, I dunno who it is.
    Oh and we have little to no depth after the regular starting teams.

I wish I felt the same enthusiasm for the upcoming season that (most of) everyone else does, but with this team/organization? I am sorry, I just don't get it. This looks, on paper to me, to be the 4th place team in the AFCE, 3rd place at best with a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

ASH
    If another team traded a conditional 7th for Otah this place would be screaming "wake up Tannebaum..Why can't the Jets take a chance on this guy"

Everyone relax....Let Otah get in with the Jets trainers and see where he is in a few weeks...It's only July 25th...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're going to have to build a kennel in Cortland.

What happened with Demario?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If another team traded a conditional 7th for Otah this place would be screaming "wake up Tannebaum..Why can't the Jets take a chance on this guy"

Everyone relax....Let Otah get in with the Jets trainers and see where he is in a few weeks...It's only July 25th...
    Aren't there different types of "physicals" ?

Kind of hard to figure out what I'm going at, but, when trades occur, doesn't the player involved have to pass a physical ? Is that the same physical, or same requirements as what Otah just failed ?

Can he be well enough to pass a "trade physical" but have some minor little thing that would "fail" this physical ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    my numbers are good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is this relevant to the thread and/or funny?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Right back atcha

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Otah trade is contingent on him passing physical in next 7 days

OK so not a few weeks..A week

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It shows that it's possible to still be productive (at whatever it is FF2 does) even if you're not quite the perfect picture of health.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the thread today???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or could it be even remotely possible that the NY Jets have absolutely no clue WTF they are doing anymore?

I am sorry for always being so negative, but really, WTF are they doing with these "prexisting condition" players? I do not like the direction we are going in at all because it is down. We have a new, more boring and vanilla OC, questionable (at best) RB, WR, TE, OT, and even QB where we are sure to have a controversy in the media, if not on the field as well. We have (had) no pass rush, older LB's, a decent or 2 CB's along with the one 1 HOF CB (who will be playing distracted because 39 million dollars over 3 years is not enough for him to live comfortably on), and zero talent at S.

I wish I felt the same enthusiasm for the upcoming season that (most of) everyone else does, but with this team/organization? I am sorry, I just don't get it. This looks, on paper to me, to be the 4th place team in the AFCE, 3rd place at best with a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

ASH
    at some of the fans on this board, some of you really amaze me....

Why would anyone NOT think the team did their homework on this player before making the trade?

The problem with the majority of you now fretting and hating, you all immediately thought this was a direct move to replace Hunter, some of you already had Hunter cut.

The truth probably lies in the area that the team KNOWS what they were getting or got in Otah, and considered him a reclamation project to resurrect his career, and for the longterm at the position on the team.

Does anybody really think Tannenbaum and the front office didn't do their homework on this? Tannenbaum and the Jets front office since his hiring are known for their extensive work on player backgrounds, whether through the draft or in FA. Sometimes risks are taken, sometimes players like Holmes become available, and the player just has too much talent not to give it a shot for only a 5th round pick.

C'mon man...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It shows that it's possible to still be productive (at whatever it is FF2 does) even if you're not quite the perfect picture of health.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the thread today???
    You can't really believe that F is productive.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    RayRay is a glass 3/4 full guy

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    at some of the fans on this board, some of you really amaze me....

Why would anyone NOT think the team did their homework on this player before making the trade?

The problem with the majority of you now fretting and hating, you all immediately thought this was a direct move to replace Hunter, some of you already had Hunter cut.

The truth probably lies in the area that the team KNOWS what they were getting or got in Otah, and considered him a reclamation project to resurrect his career, and for the longterm at the position on the team.

Does anybody really think Tannenbaum and the front office didn't do their homework on this? Tannenbaum and the Jets front office since his hiring are known for their extensive work on player backgrounds, whether through the draft or in FA. Sometimes risks are taken, sometimes players like Holmes become available, and the player just has too much talent not to give it a shot for only a 5th round pick.

C'mon man...
    Nobody is saying the Jets didn't do their homework. Well all know this team signed him hoping they could get him healthy and have him replace Hunter.

So if we know they really want to replace Hunter, why not have dealt with this in free agency and have brought in a real starter who's healthy? Like a Winston who would have cost the same money as Hunter and Otah combined.

If Hunter starts and does fail, which is very realistic and possible, this could be a major major F'up and cost the team the season and people their jobs. Most who talk up Sanchez blame Hunter for our QB's poor season.

Please dont tell me all is ok on the RT front. Front offices make mistakes and over look certain areas of the team. RT could be one of them. This is a realistic concern.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 07-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    RayRay is a glass 3/4 full guy
    My post has nothing to do with me being optimistic

It's called having a clue

And STFU troll

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

ASH
    Wow...just wow. You should really see someone. They have all kinds of treatments nowadays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He "tweaked" his knee in Minicamp, but according to Dr. James Andrews he'll be fine. No need to rush him back. At least he isn't trying voo-doo magic to repair his injuries, like Landry.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Nobody is saying the Jets didn't do their homework. Well all know this team signed him hoping they could get him healthy and have him replace Hunter.

So if we know they really want to replace Hunter, why not have dealt with this in free agency and have brought in a real starter who's healthy? Like a Winston who would have cost the same money as Hunter and Otah combined.

If Hunter starts and does fail, which is very realistic and possible, this could be a major major F'up and cost the team the season and people their jobs. Most who talk up Sanchez blame Hunter for our QB's poor season.

Please dont tell me all is ok on the RT front. Front offices make mistakes and over look certain areas of the team. RT could be one of them. This is a realistic concern.
    Again, the problem here, is that too many are automatically assuming the move was made to replace Hunter.

Maybe the team STILL believes in Hunter, but taking on Otah as a reclamation project was too good to pass up, and will provide insurance once he is ready and healthy? Once healthy, and in shape, he can eventually claim the RT position, but again, all contingent on the belief that they STILL believe in Hunter, and Otah is insurance.

Maybe putting Otah on the PUP if the seven day rumor is correct, allows the team to avoid giving up compensation for the player, but they keep him anyway as mentioned?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-25-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Again, the problem here, is that too many are automatically assuming the move was made to replace Hunter.

Maybe the team STILL believes in Hunter, but taking on Otah as a reclamation project was too good to pass up, and will provide insurance once he is ready and healthy?

Or, maybe they do consider a longterm project, to get him healthy, and eventually claim the RT position, but again, all contingent on the belief that they STILL believe in Hunter.
    Hunter was garbage last year, we can all agree on that. So if the team like you said is using him as a project to eventually take over at RT that says alot aboout how they feel about Hunter.

All i'm saying is, we better be good at RT this season or heads must roll. Because this was our weakest spot last year on the team, killed our QB's development and realy cost this offense big time. So knowing all this and not really addressing the position with a healthy upgrade is horrible management if we fail again at the position for a second straight year.

We must be good at RT or Tanny really looks like a moron here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Wow...just wow. You should really see someone. They have all kinds of treatments nowadays.
    So your not buying into the conspiracy theory where the Jets take injured, attitude prone players down into the secret basement where questionable doctors with creepy assistants administer never before tested football drugs that turn players into NFL Frankensteins capable of destroying small villages? (-;