Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newly acquired T Jeff Otah failed Jets physical; placed on active/PUP.

Newly acquired T Jeff Otah failed Jets physical; placed on active/PUP.

It's not a big deal, along with Davis and Landry, Otah will be limited at camp

https://twitter.com/5NLive
    Last edited by C Mart; 07-25-2012 at 06:37 PM.

thats some ol bul l****

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    thats some ol bul l****
    Ron, is it true that Otah was playing beer pong prior to taking his physical?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Don't forget Jordan White..

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Ron, is it true that Otah was playing beer pong prior to taking his physical?
    Well done.

All League
    not surprising.

so now what?

Would like to hear the details but doubt we will get them. Oh well if hes available mid way through camp along with Landry ill be happy.

Not the news I was hoping for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    not surprising.

so now what?
    Now we're back in the same position, hoping Sparano can turn Hunter around.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Now we're back in the same position, hoping Sparano can turn Hunter around.
    Probably just looking for a new crib in town. Give him a few days to get settled, he'll be out there with the 2nd's.

Signed, Positivo.

Looks like we are trying to get any available cripple. Do they expect NFL to allow wheelchairs on the field?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

You are right! It is no big deal. Only the Sky is falling guys seem to think its a big deal! Nothing unusual there!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don't get this team sometimes. Obviously they know Hunter is not the answer by trading for Otah.

If we would've just cut Hunter a while back and not traded for Otah we could've used the same money on Winston.

If Hunter has to play and he plays poorly this will be the biggest blunder this FO has made. And will most likely cause this offense to struggle like last year. One bad apple on the oline is a killer, even if its loaded with probowlers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I don't get this team sometimes. Obviously they know Hunter is not the answer by trading for Otah.

If we would've just cut Hunter a while back and not traded for Otah we could've used the same money on Winston.

If Hunter has to play and he plays poorly this will be the biggest blunder this FO has made. And will most likely cause this offense to struggle like last year. One bad apple on the oline is a killer, even if its loaded with probowlers.
    Would it better with 1 pro bowler and the rest bad apples??

I agree that winston would have been nice, and his contract actually is pretty cap friendly, but why does everything here have to be one extreme or the other.

Is it at all possible we added Otah for depth and competition, and hopefully as a starter, rather than the second coming of jonathon ogden? If healthy he should absolutely beat out hunter, but its not like we gave up a 2nd round pick or took on a huge salary....we took a chance that an oft injured, underperformer turned things around, thats all.

I think it was a great move as it was virtually riskless, and i truly hope otah can get his act together and be our RT.....but hunter should be much improved in an offense that uses TE help and when the defense doesn't know our plays in advance.

Jets Insider VIP

Lets see. They also traded for TEBOW. Are you saying that they obviously know that Sanchez is not the answer at QB?

Hunter had a bad season last year. In fact the whole OL did. BRICK allowed more sacks then HUNTER. NICK took time to round into shape after his injury and ditto Moore. Slauson played in a shoulder harness and clearly was not himself. Yet you dwell only on one player. If that player shows little in camp he will not be on the team as a starter! GUARANTEED !!!! And by that time OTAH will be cleared to play! The sky is not falling!

Wondering if it's possible that the Jets just took a flyer on this kid, with a plan to get him healthy and stronger in our program.
    Could it be possible that they never interned him to start right away and were looking at him as a long term solution for the future if they could get him right ?

At what point do the Jets either have to decide to keep or cut him if they don't want to pay his full salary? Is it at the 53 man roster limit or before that for Vets? I don't remember the cutoffs. I imagine he's got to get healthy within the next couple of weeks or the Jets have to make a decision....anybody know what the rules are?

The Jets -- who traded for the oft-injured lineman on Monday -- placed Otah on the PUP list after he failed a team physical on Wednesday, according to multiple reports.

He can't practice with the team until he passes a physical. If Otah is still on the PUP list by the season opener, he must remain there for six weeks.

Otah has missed 34 of his last 38 games with left knee troubles, and he was shut down during Carolina Panthers OTAs after experiencing more discomfort. A recent visit to noted orthopedist James Andrews revealed no structural damage in the knee.

Acquiring Otah was a low-risk transaction, but the Jets have been quickly reminded of the fragile entity they've inherited.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...gn=Twitter_atl

All Pro
    Otay!

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Wondering if it's possible that the Jets just took a flyer on this kid, with a plan to get him healthy and stronger in our program.
    Could it be possible that they never interned him to start right away and were looking at him as a long term solution for the future if they could get him right ?
    Or could it be even remotely possible that the NY Jets have absolutely no clue WTF they are doing anymore?

I am sorry for always being so negative, but really, WTF are they doing with these "prexisting condition" players? I do not like the direction we are going in at all because it is down. We have a new, more boring and vanilla OC, questionable (at best) RB, WR, TE, OT, and even QB where we are sure to have a controversy in the media, if not on the field as well. We have (had) no pass rush, older LB's, a decent or 2 CB's along with the one 1 HOF CB (who will be playing distracted because 39 million dollars over 3 years is not enough for him to live comfortably on), and zero talent at S.

Our kicker stinks and the punter is, well, I dunno who it is.
    Oh and we have little to no depth after the regular starting teams.

I wish I felt the same enthusiasm for the upcoming season that (most of) everyone else does, but with this team/organization? I am sorry, I just don't get it. This looks, on paper to me, to be the 4th place team in the AFCE, 3rd place at best with a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

ASH