Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: D'Brick says the Jets poised for Greatness!!!

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,485

    D'Brick says the Jets poised for Greatness!!!

    According to the NFL network D'Brick said that the Jets were on the verge of GREATNESS!!!

    And while the NFL talking heads of course mocked him. I thought that it was very very interesting that D'Brick, the definition of understatement, would be be so bold and audacious as to say that the Jets are on the verge of "Greatness" especially since he was one of the key players on the Jets' OL that clearly underperformed last year.

    What I really like about the statement is that it shows without question that the players themselves are believing in this coaching staff and that particualrly coach Sparano is continuing to have an effect on that offense and OL......

    Like Bart Scott said once "can't wait" for the season to start.....

  2. #2
    Too bad he sucks.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,928
    inb4 SAR

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Too bad he sucks.
    Even worse that you are completely wrong... Get a clue before posting baseless crap like this.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Even worse that you are completely wrong... Get a clue before posting baseless crap like this.
    + 1 Agree. Still someone needs to implement to some kind of a gag order on players and coaches, to just STFU. Just play, please stop talking Jets for the love of God man.

  6. #6
    That's the problem with many posters. They have no vision as to what a player can be, and are completely unforgiving when a player has a bad season. Everyone who knows anything about anything knows Brick is better than how he played last year, just like much of the rest of the team AND the team in total.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's the problem with many posters. They have no vision as to what a player can be, and are completely unforgiving when a player has a bad season. Everyone who knows anything about anything knows Brick is better than how he played last year, just like much of the rest of the team AND the team in total.
    He is a freaking pro bowler that had a down season ... Can't stand posts like that ...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

    According to the NFL network D'Brick said that the Jets were on the verge of GREATNESS!!!
    D'Brick must have swiped RamRod's green kool aid.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,950
    Brick is a solid player but IMO he is overrated by the fans. He has had just as many poor seasons as good seasons and has never been a good run blocker.

    Big year for him.

    But he needs to shut his mouth, I liked him more when he was the strong silent type.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Brick is a solid player but IMO he is overrated by the fans. He has had just as many poor seasons as good seasons and has never been a good run blocker.

    Big year for him.

    But he needs to shut his mouth, I liked him more when he was the strong silent type.
    Brick needs to shut his mouth?

    I didn't realize he was doing the Rex Ryan.

    I love how certain players never stop talking, Brick says something positive, and needs to shut his mouth.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,142
    The cycle:
    • Season ends.
    • Mixture of misery & hope (this year high on misery despite 8-8).
    • Draft day: Genius...we drafted both DPOY and OPOY
    • OTA: Any rookie who takes a rep with 1st team (and holds their cookies) is legit!
    • Arrival day at camp: Insider quote indicates greatness (<-- YOU ARE HERE).
    • Camp abounds with great stories (neither squad fails, they only show our strength on the other side of the ball).
    • Preseason games...Don't panic, they don't count.
    • Regular season struggles.
    • Rinse & repeat.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,950
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Brick needs to shut his mouth?

    I didn't realize he was doing the Rex Ryan.

    I love how certain players never stop talking, Brick says something positive, and needs to shut his mouth.
    Not just Brick, everyone needs to. Just b.c this is the first thing he has said doesn't mean he should be cut some slack.

    Nobody on this team should make any predictions or any claims of greatness.

    They can be positive, and they should be. I just want them to keep it to themselves. Yes, IMO Rex has ruined it for everyone. No more talking b.c all it does it get blown out of proportion and ends up as bulletin board material. The target is big enough.

    Do you think Brady isn't positive b.c we never hear him say anything? I am certain he thinks he is the GOAT, but you will never hear him say it.

    Lets win, then talk. The other way hasn't worked for us. Be positive in the locker room. Give the media nothing.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-26-2012 at 09:33 AM.

  13. #13
    D'Brick better learn how to play the effing #OLINE

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's the problem with many posters. They have no vision as to what a player can be, and are completely unforgiving when a player has a bad season. Everyone who knows anything about anything knows Brick is better than how he played last year, just like much of the rest of the team AND the team in total.
    Add the fact those same posters have no ****ing clue of how pass protection works, and think you can plug a OL at the TE position to block, it's rather embarrassing.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Add the fact those same posters have no ****ing clue of how pass protection works, and think you can plug a OL at the TE position to block, it's rather embarrassing.
    No. Thinking TE is the biggest question mark on this team is embarrassing.

    I can't even chalk that one up to you being a homer. It is much worse than that.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. Thinking TE is the biggest question mark on this team is embarrassing.

    I can't even chalk that one up to you being a homer. It is much worse than that.
    One of the biggest, and specifically the blocking TE

    Reading comprehension is your friend

    Your agenda is transparent

  17. #17
    Nothing wrong with what he said. He's excited for the season.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Even worse that you are completely wrong... Get a clue before posting baseless crap like this.
    Here's a clue, get a tissue to wipe away your tears.

  19. #19
    LOL This is funny


    everyone is poised for greatness in July

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,950
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    LOL This is funny


    everyone is poised for greatness in July
    As far as I am concerned this is a step in the right direction.

    We used to win the SB in March.

    Greatness in July? Seems reasonable to me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us