Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D'Brick says the Jets poised for Greatness!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Nothing wrong with what he said. He's excited for the season.
    +1

It's exactly the type of mentality that will turn things around this season. The team has plenty of talent, a new scheme on the offensive side of the ball, and if all goes well, a good chance of being a very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    According to the NFL network D'Brick said that the Jets were on the verge of GREATNESS!!!

And while the NFL talking heads of course mocked him. I thought that it was very very interesting that D'Brick, the definition of understatement, would be be so bold and audacious as to say that the Jets are on the verge of "Greatness" especially since he was one of the key players on the Jets' OL that clearly underperformed last year.

What I really like about the statement is that it shows without question that the players themselves are believing in this coaching staff and that particualrly coach Sparano is continuing to have an effect on that offense and OL......

Like Bart Scott said once "can't wait" for the season to start.....
    And the Carolina Panthers' Center took out an ad in the newspaper guaranteeing that his team was going to win the Super Bowl, so what's your point? It's July 26th, training camp just opened for 32 teams, it's all a bunch of bull****. Every team is poised for greatness with it being zero days into training camp so far. How about let the season start before making any "greatness," predictions?

Why, is he being traded?

Who was that ass hole on nfl network last night talking major **** about #Jets issues that no one knows the answer to, even the Jets. #media #talkingheads are all #fullof****

All League
    I'm not in favor of baseless bravado like Rex Ryan's past guarantees.

This isn't that. It's a player expressing his confidence and optimism in his team, which I'm happy about. He's not guaranteeing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    One of the biggest, and specifically the blocking TE
    +1

It's hard to argue that blocking TE isn't one of the biggest needs we have at the moment. The TE position is critical to have depth and depth we don't presently have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are we sure it wasn't Rex Ryan disguised as Brick Ferguson?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Brick is a solid player but IMO he is overrated by the fans. He has had just as many poor seasons as good seasons and has never been a good run blocker.

Big year for him.

But he needs to shut his mouth, I liked him more when he was the strong silent type.
    Perhaps...but along the history of JETS players, Brick is in the top 10 percent.

SOLID all around.

Veteran
    They should've drafted Leinart!

No problems with him being excited and saying this

Although I hear the Panthers are poised for greatness too. Hell, there's probably guys in the Dolphins locker room who think they are. You need players who believe in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Brick is a solid player but IMO he is overrated by the fans. He has had just as many poor seasons as good seasons and has never been a good run blocker.

Big year for him.

But he needs to shut his mouth, I liked him more when he was the strong silent type.
    What? He was pretty good in 2006 as a rookie. He was was a stud in 2008 and 2009. He was good in 2010. He wasn't so good in 2011. That's four good seasons and two not so good seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    The cycle:
    • Season ends.
    • Mixture of misery & hope (this year high on misery despite 8-8).
    • Draft day: Genius...we drafted both DPOY and OPOY
    • OTA: Any rookie who takes a rep with 1st team (and holds their cookies) is legit!
    • Arrival day at camp: Insider quote indicates greatness (<-- YOU ARE HERE).
    • Camp abounds with great stories (neither squad fails, they only show our strength on the other side of the ball).
    • Preseason games...Don't panic, they don't count.
    • Regular season struggles.
    • Rinse & repeat.

That is a perfect summary of Jets fans.

I want the whole team, coaches included, to just go out there and play. When you are REALLY great, your play speaks for itself. Talk is cheap, as we have seen from this team over the past few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Here's a clue, get a tissue to wipe away your tears.
    Blahahaha ...what does this even mean ??? Was that an attempt at humor .... Cause I'm laughing my ass off.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    Who was that ass hole on nfl network last night talking major **** about #Jets issues that no one knows the answer to, even the Jets. #media #talkingheads are all #fullof****
    That would be Mark Kriegel. See the NFL network thread for more on this genius.