Thread: Detroit Lions sign two ex-Jets...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Detroit Lions sign two ex-Jets...

Earlier today , the Lions signed former Jets CB's Drew Coleman and Justin Miller. While Coleman should get considerable playing time in nickle and/or dime packages, Miller will probably be looked at most for KOR, because he cant cover $hit...

although with The Lions monster DL, Baddniss could probably start at DB for them, and not have too many problems in pass coverage....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss me some Coleman

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know Miller was still in the league, good for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    with no Coleman, Strickland, or Cole we seem short on young nickel/dime CBs. Would've liked to see the Jets scoop up Coleman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Who's our dime? Coleman would've been a nice 4th CB behind Revis, Cro and Wilson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    I miss me some Coleman

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Who's our dime? Coleman would've been a nice 4th CB behind Revis, Cro and Wilson.
    I've been saying this for weeks now. Coleman is far from a starter, but he's an excellent blitzer, plays the run well and knows the Jets' system. Unless bridges were burnt, I did not get why we didn't bring him back, especially after losing Cole.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coleman cant cover downfield. He is good within 10-15 yds and thats it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pettine likes Ellis Lankster as the dime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Ellis Lankster

Pettine talked him up quite a bit during OTA's, he impressed last year during camp.

Jets have a couple of other interesting prospects, UDFA Ryan Steed is a player that has been talked about on this board by some that know about him, and Royce Adams was mentioned a couple of times by the coaches and some media as having a good off-season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted the Jets to re-sign Coleman when Jacksonville let him go earlier this offseason and I'm surprise it took him this long to land a gig, but good for him. The number 4 and 5 CB's will be huge question marks, so a Revis holdout would have been near devastating. Hopefully he, Cromartie and Wilson all remain healthy.

As for Miller, after starting here, going to Oakland and ending here for a month 2009, he went to Arizona in 2010 but didn't make the 53 man roster and he's been out of the league since. Glad to see he's getting another shot.