Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Patriots Go 19 - 0?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I really think that if Brady gets his 4th ring in the next 2 years, he walks away like Elway did.
    I'll say this about Brady: He doesn't seem to age. Basically, he has the same physical tools now that he's had 10 years ago. That helps him tremendously, IMO. Other QBs show signs of decline, etc. His consistency, even with the injury, is one of his greatest attributes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Lets just say that your Oline gets banged up a little, Vollmers back goes out, Waters age catches up with him, Solder can't handle 16 games at LT, you lose your center again?
    Most likely one of these things will happen in a 16 game schedule, especially since there already is precedence.
    The reason that Brady has a much higher % of getting dinged is this:
    A lot more teams they play this year will have better pass rushes
    Ravens- Even without Suggs, one missed block on Ngata could end Bradys season.
    Bills- Sure you might still blow them out but their front 4 will make contact & you play them twice.
    Jets- Addition of Coples, 2nd year for Wilkerson, Davis, Maybin pumped up, Scott coming in lighter, I'm sure we'll get a few shots in.........TWICE.
    Denver- You might have to throw a lot to keep up with Payton.....Dumerville & Von Miller would like to meet at the QB a few times.
    Seattle- The few games I saw last year, they have some nice young talent on defense, & you play them away where Brady will not be able to hear a thing, That place will be crazy for this game!
    Houston- This team can bring it & Phillips knows how to teach it!
    49ers- Brady will be hit in this game...plus its a night game, 49ers will be ready to rock. Ask Eli about this defense...I can't believe he made it through.
    looks like Waters is a hold-out... Pats should pay up $$$.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...patriots_camp/

I thought this was a Jets board?

Quote Originally Posted by jetschamps69 View Post
    Patriots will not have a winning record in 2012. Mark it down.
    It could happen, though I'd put the odds on that as less than 50/50. They still have enough O talent to get some wins even with Brady getting his AARP membership. They're not a terrible team, but they're on their way down to average just as the Jets and Bills are on their way up: the Jets on their way to greatness, the Bills on their way to average after being bad for so long. I see a few players not playing as hard this year after seeing what kind of sleaze they're playing for in Bob Kraft. You know, all those high character guys realizing they're in the wrong place after all.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'll say this about Brady: He doesn't seem to age. Basically, he has the same physical tools now that he's had 10 years ago. That helps him tremendously, IMO. Other QBs show signs of decline, etc. His consistency, even with the injury, is one of his greatest attributes.
    J-u-i-c-e.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    It would be awesome if Waters retires. That would definitely weaken that Oline, he was a linchpin last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I thought this was a Jets board?
    The ESPN poll "Will the Jets Go 19-0" is scheduled for next Tuesday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post

They're not a terrible team, but they're on their way down to average just as the Jets and Bills are on their way up: the Jets on their way to greatness.
    That's even funnier than a DWC post.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Looks like BB and Waters have an agreement is more the likely scenario. Waters will most likely report around the 3rd week in August and be ready to go for the season. BB has done this before with older vets.

Wishful thinking he's holding out on some fan's part.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's even funnier than a DWC post.
    +1

Some of these Pats* fans are getting wayyy too defensive about this.

It's clearly a team on the decline, and this topic has hit a sore spot for them. Should a possible "19-0 team" really require this much hysteric defense from fans?

Would fans of a team who actually won their SB the legitimate way, and are being picked to finish highly this year, such as the Packers, be in such a fervor at a thread like this about their team?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Looks like BB and Waters have an agreement is more the likely scenario. Waters will most likely report around the 3rd week in August and be ready to go for the season. BB has done this before with older vets.

Wishful thinking he's holding out on some fan's part.
    Perhaps. Or perhaps he feels he's underpaid. Only $1.4 mil this coming season. So maybe wishful thinking on who's part?
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 07-26-2012 at 01:25 PM.

All League
    I think they can. Chances are almost astronomically slim, but it's possible.

Lock it up, pats will win the east like they always do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post

It's clearly a team on the decline.
    Mind sharing some specific examples to support your comment?

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    It would be awesome if Waters retires. That would definitely weaken that Oline, he was a linchpin last year.
    I had dinner with Waters last week but I can't tell you what he said cuz I'm no fanboy.

He will play.

FUKK the PATS.

end thread now.

why is this piece of **** post still open

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Some of these Pats* fans are getting wayyy too defensive about this.

It's clearly a team on the decline, and this topic has hit a sore spot for them. Should a possible "19-0 team" really require this much hysteric defense from fans?

Would fans of a team who actually won their SB the legitimate way, and are being picked to finish highly this year, such as the Packers, be in such a fervor at a thread like this about their team?
    The packers are and should be the SB favorites. The only thing is that thier schedule is harder than the pats. At this time you can only go by the oppositions last year records the pats only have two games against teams that had a winning record last year. While the packers have 8, so you would think that even if the packers are a better team, the road to a perfect season would be tougher than the road for the pats.

the pats records in the last 4 years are 11-5, 10-6, 14-2 and 13-3, the last two years are better than the two years before that, how is that regressing?
    They made the super bowl last year. You must be dreading the day the jets fall to 13-3 and make the superbowl.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    why is this piece of **** post still open
    Solid 46th post.

Look forward to all your future contributions.