Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S LaRon Landry has been activated from team's Active PUP list

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Yeah was just hoping this wouldn't spiral out of control like so many other non-issues or made-up issues here.

Some one inadvertanly and innocently says he failed a conditioning test and 6 pages later it's being spewed here as fact that he's a lazy POS that he can't even get into shape for the game he supposedly loves and he's just in it for the money and won't make it out of training camp and won't ever play another down of football in the NFL.

Guy is a beast of a workout guy, the last one I'm worried about failing a conditioning test. The only thing holding him back is his achillies rehab and NO one knows how that is. I wouldn't be surprised if Rex makes him sit periodically during camp to give the achillies a rest.

_
    Exactly. It makes no sense. A guy like Landry failing a conditioning test is like Einstein failing algebra.

I deleted that portion of my post. Honest mistake. Like you said, things can spiral out of control. Don't want another McKnight debacle.

Thanks for pointing it out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, the original report said "(foot)" as to the reason Landry was placed on the PUP list.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Again, the original report said "(foot)" as to the reason Landry was placed on the PUP list.
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you suggesting that "foot" means a separate and distinct injury from achillies? If that's the case, I would disagree - injury reports are far exact. If his previous injury was a knee and they put "foot", I would think that its a separate injury. Achillies - once the injury is conveyed to medical staff, to the coaching staff, to the Front Office, to the PR people, could easily become "Foot".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW

As I understand it Landry's problem is he has a bone spurs/spur on the heal of his foot where the Achilles attaches causing pain to the Achilles, not sure if there has ever been damage to the achilles other then that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We know this.

The other speculation was the result of a mistake that I made.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    he'll be out 4-6 weeks before the 1st preseason game.....
    Nice Jet fan

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you suggesting that "foot" means a separate and distinct injury from achillies? If that's the case, I would disagree - injury reports are far exact. If his previous injury was a knee and they put "foot", I would think that its a separate injury. Achillies - once the injury is conveyed to medical staff, to the coaching staff, to the Front Office, to the PR people, could easily become "Foot".
    I'm just addressing this "conditioning" issue.

And I think the "foot" is absolutely directly related to the achilles. No doubt in my mind.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one time I saw the Redskins play with Landry on the field the guy was an absolute beast.
    He hits people really, really hard.

Let us Pray!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The one time I saw the Redskins play with Landry on the field the guy was an absolute beast.
    He hits people really, really hard.

Let us Pray!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies, but when was it reported that he failed a conditioning test?

The original report was that he was placed on the PUP because he was rehabbing his foot injury (read:achillies).

I didn't see anything about him failing a conditioning test or being out of shape.

Link? I searched and can't find it.

_
    Does it really matter??

Landry was on the PUP list - now he's not which means whatever his issue was, it has improved - that's all that matters.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Does it really matter??

Landry was on the PUP list - now he's not which means whatever his issue was, it has improved - that's all that matters.
    There's always going to be that cloud over his head because he's missed 15 games the last 2 seasons.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-26-2012 at 03:01 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    But he's looking good now...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Does it really matter??

We were having a discussion when some one mentioned incorrectly that "he failed his conditioning test".

I was just pointing out that he did not. That PUP didn't mean he showed up out of shape, which is a conclusion that some loons here will jump too.

It's all good now, we figured it out.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just addressing this "conditioning" issue.

And I think the "foot" is absolutely directly related to the achilles. No doubt in my mind.
    As I understand it, if a player does not feel he is ready to take the conditioning test due to injury or prior condition at the start of camp, he can go on the PUP list until he feels he's ready to take the test.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think that's what happened with Landry. He didn't want to take the test until he was comfortable with his Achilles and knew he could pass the test. That happened this morning.

Otah is a different situation because it's a trade. He has to pass the physical or the trade is off according to reports. He failed the physical (which means the Jets weren't happy with the state of his knee(s)) and he will have 7 days to pass it or the deal is off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    As I understand it, if a player does not feel he is ready to take the conditioning test due to injury or prior condition at the start of camp, he can go on the PUP list until he feels he's ready to take the test.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think that's what happened with Landry. He didn't want to take the test until he was comfortable with his Achilles and knew he could pass the test. That happened this morning.

Otah is a different situation because it's a trade. He has to pass the physical or the trade is off according to reports. He failed the physical (which means the Jets weren't happy with the state of his knee(s)) and he will have 7 days to pass it or the deal is off.
    I had read that even if he fails the physical, the Jets can still opt to complete the trade.

I think the effect of the failing of a physical means the Jets can nullify the trade--not that it automatically is nullified.

I think the 7 days is the time period in which the Jets have to decide.

But I could be wrong

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had read that even if he fails the physical, the Jets can still opt to complete the trade.

I think the effect of the failing of a physical means the Jets can nullify the trade--not that it automatically is nullified.

I think the 7 days is the time period in which the Jets have to decide.

But I could be wrong

_
    Yeah, I believe the failed physical provides the Jets an out, but it's not automatic. The Jets can decide to keep him even with the failed physical, but that's a heck of a risk because of his salary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I believe the failed physical provides the Jets an out, but it's not automatic. The Jets can decide to keep him even with the failed physical, but that's a heck of a risk because of his salary.
    Sure, but a failed physical now could mean he's a few weeks away and you gamble and keep him.

Or it could mean he has massive structural or chronic damage, in which case you punt.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    But, it depends on what the conditions are that need to be met in order for the Jets to give up that pick.

If he has to be on the roster come September 8th, the Jets could keep him now (despite the failed physical) and cut him on 9/1 and still retain the pick. Unless the details of the conditions have been reported (which I haven't seen), we don't really know what triggers the pick going to CAR.

Also, what we have to consider is that physicals are subjective. Bottom line, if the Jets want him, they'll ultimately pass him. If they don't, they'll fail him. I doubt anything will materially change in the next 7 days. Just gives them options.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, but a failed physical now could mean he's a few weeks away and you gamble and keep him.

Or it could mean he has massive structural or chronic damage, in which case you punt.

_
    With his bad knee, he shouldn't be punting anything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    But, it depends on what the conditions are that need to be met in order for the Jets to give up that pick.

If he has to be on the roster come September 8th, the Jets could keep him now (despite the failed physical) and cut him on 9/1 and still retain the pick. Unless the details of the conditions have been reported (which I haven't seen), we don't really know what triggers the pick going to CAR.

Also, what we have to consider is that physicals are subjective. Bottom line, if the Jets want him, they'll ultimately pass him. If they don't, they'll fail him. I doubt anything will materially change in the next 7 days. Just gives them options.
    Yeah, I agree with you both.

If the Jets decide to keep Otah, he has until the 1st week before the season to pass a physical or they put him on the PUP list IIRC. Then he has until week 6 to either pass, be cut, or be put on IR. That has salary implications. That was my main point. If he made less this year it probably wouldn't be an issue.