Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S LaRon Landry has been activated from team's Active PUP list

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    With his bad knee, he shouldn't be punting anything.
    Deek

_

All Pro
    I don't believe anyone said anything about Otah failing because of his knee. It very well may be, but it could be he was just out of shape, or any other reason. It's all speculation. His knees are not going to heal in a week, so if that's what it is then I doubt they wait the full week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I don't believe anyone said anything about Otah failing because of his knee. It very well may be, but it could be he was just out of shape, or any other reason. It's all speculation. His knees are not going to heal in a week, so if that's what it is then I doubt they wait the full week.
    I believe reports are that he failed the physical, not a conditioning drill. As such, it wouldn't matter if he was out of shape. Plus, the News said he hurt himself in OTAs, so it really might be a healing thing.

We'll see in 7 days what happens.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Sure, but a failed physical now could mean he's a few weeks away and you gamble and keep him.

Or it could mean he has massive structural or chronic damage, in which case you punt.

_
    If James Andrews says the knee is structurally sound, I'd go with that.

I doubt the Jets did an MRI on him and determined otherwise.

My best guess with him is that it was a "conditioning" issue.

But none of us knows for sure at this point.

good news that he passed, he was not around during the off season, so they may have done x-rays, MRI whatever yesterday and needed to get a 2nd opinion before giving him the OK.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan impressed by Landry in conditioning test. He says Landry trying to send message that he's back.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

But none of us knows for sure at this point.
    I do, I had dinner with him last night.

But it was a personal talk and I kind of felt what he told me was not for public consumption, so as a man of honor I'm keeping it to myself.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I do, I had dinner with him last night.

But it was a personal talk and I kind of felt what he told me was not for public consumption, so as a man of honor I'm keeping it to myself.

_

Can't wait to see him destroy people over the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Not saying he's going to turn our franchise into a legit SB contender, but it's nice to hear some good news for once.
    Yep, inch by inch and step by step

Now if he can stay off of it, we've got something here. Time will tell. I like the Landry addition, but it's like walking on egg shells hoping he doesn't get hurt. Otah, too. Risky, but worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    good news that he passed, he was not around during the off season, so they may have done x-rays, MRI whatever yesterday and needed to get a 2nd opinion before giving him the OK.
    To get off the PUP you have to pass a conditioning test, it is not a medical clearance.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    To get off the PUP you have to pass a conditioning test, it is not a medical clearance.
    Wouldn't it depend on what the reason for being on the list in the first place is?

I imagine for some players it's conditioning and for others it could be medical issues.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wouldn't it depend on what the reason for being on the list in the first place is?

I imagine for some players it's conditioning and for others it could be medical issues.
    +1...It could certainly be both. Otah is on the PUP on account of him failing his physical, not his conditioning test. Not sure if he ever even got to the point of a conditioning test.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    +1...It could certainly be both. Otah is on the PUP on account of him failing his physical, not his conditioning test. Not sure if he ever even got to the point of a conditioning test.
    This. It's not that Otah got on the field and couldn't finish a run under an alloted time.

He went into an exam room and the doctors pulled and tugged on his knee and looked at pictures and said "not yet".

I'm not sure why folks are assuming PUP means something it does not.

_