Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks working out Braylon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Seahawks working out Braylon (Seahawks to Sign Braylon 7/31)

For anyone interested, some Braylon news has surfaced.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aylon-edwards/

Itís been a while since weíve heard anything about veteran wide receiver Braylon Edwards, but heís back on the radar as camps open around the NFL.

Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network reports that the Seahawks will have Edwards in for a workout. Edwards was released by the 49ers near the end of the 2011 season after he caught just 15 passes in nine games before being sidelined by a knee injury. There were rumors of interest from the Bengals and Jets over the course of the offseason, but they never amounted to much.

Edwards had a productive season as a deep threat for the Jets in 2010 and there will likely be some team that gives him a shot at recapturing that glory if he proves heís healthy enough to get back on the field. Thatís a big if, of course, but, as the Texans working out Roy Williams shows, teams are looking for help at wideout.

The Seahawks opened a spot in their receiving corps when they released Mike Williams and LaCanforaís report indicates that the team is also looking at other free agent wideouts. That would suggest that they arenít thrilled with the current group ó Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Deon Butler, Ricardo Lockette, Kris Durham and Ben Obomanu ó although Edwards will likely have to prove he can be a major part of the offense since he offers no special teams value.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 07-31-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say it again.

The primary reason Edwards hasn't signed with anyone is because he hasn't been 100% healthy.

Too many question marks exist in the Jets WR corps to not consider this guy IF he's healthy.

Let the anti-Edwards hate brigade begin...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'll say it again.

The primary reason Edwards hasn't signed with anyone is because he hasn't been 100% healthy.

Too many question marks exist in the Jets WR corps to not consider this guy IF he's healthy.

Let the anti-Edwards hate brigade begin...
    way to be pre-emptive

I'd more than happy if the Jets bring in a healthy BE...I know it's beating a dead horse though...Point of the thread is to just say there is a team giving him a look.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    way to be pre-emptive

I'd more than happy if the Jets bring in a healthy BE...I know it's beating a dead horse though...Point of the thread is to just say there is a team giving him a look.
    Right.

And that does not surprise me in the least. I expected there would be interest in a healthy BE.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kinda feel for Seattle. They where wrangled into a bad Lynch deal IMO. They used to always be 4-5 deep at WR now it is hard to say what they have. I love Rice but he is made of glass. He is the next Steve Smith apparently. Tate has been a disappointment. 2 years in now and they have already demoted him 3 times. That is not good. Doug Baldwin I'm sorry but wasn't a surprise to some. He is OK but will never be a star at 5'10 190lbs. The rest just shotty prospects. Kris Durham has some good potential but I'm not hanging my hat on any of them picking up the slack if Rice goes down again. I think they only had 3 passing TDs in 7 or 8 games without Rice last year. This was also a team thinking Mike Williams could pull in the slack last year. BE would be a much better fit for them then us. I'd be looking for any BU plan if I where them as well.

Carrol may be back in USC next year. We are however talking about a team with no one to throw the ball IMO. So in retrospect I don't think it matters if they happened upon the next Jerry Rice. I just look at that roster and there is just nothing that wows me really. If not for the fact they are in the West I'd say this is a 2-14 team right now. They are simply a team in transition and not the same team they where even 2 years ago.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they sign him.

The faster he is siogned, the faster we end any chance of "sign Braylon now" threads spamming up the board again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I hope they sign him.

The faster he is siogned, the faster we end any chance of "sign Braylon now" threads spamming up the board again.
    And the faster we won't have to read, "there's a reason 31 other GM's don't want him............"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I kinda feel for Seattle. They where wrangled into a bad Lynch deal IMO. They used to always be 4-5 deep at WR now it is hard to say what they have. I love Rice but he is made of glass. He is the next Steve Smith apparently. Tate has been a disappointment. 2 years in now and they have already demoted him 3 times. That is not good. Doug Baldwin I'm sorry but wasn't a surprise to some. He is OK but will never be a star at 5'10 190lbs. The rest just shotty prospects. Kris Durham has some good potential but I'm not hanging my hat on any of them picking up the slack if Rice goes down again. I think they only had 3 passing TDs in 7 or 8 games without Rice last year. This was also a team thinking Mike Williams could pull in the slack last year. BE would be a much better fit for them then us. I'd be looking for any BU plan if I where them as well.

Carrol may be back in USC next year. We are however talking about a team with no one to throw the ball IMO. So in retrospect I don't think it matters if they happened upon the next Jerry Rice. I just look at that roster and there is just nothing that wows me really. If not for the fact they are in the West I'd say this is a 2-14 team right now. They are simply a team in transition and not the same team they where even 2 years ago.

=========================================

Screw Seattle, I hates em.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this ever going to end?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Is this ever going to end?
    LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL
    Seriously

Hill could post 800 receiving yards and 8 TD's in his rookie year, and I bet we'd still have threads next offseason about how we should bring back Braylon to add to the "depth" of our receiving corps.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

You can't be serious with this post. 2-14? Back at USC next year? If you watched any of Seattle's games last year, you'd know that the problem isn't the wideouts, its the inexperienced offensive line(when Robert Gallery is your most experienced starter, you're starting a ton of first and second year players). And nothing wows you? What about their secondary? The defense? With Seattle's offense, size at WR doesn't necessarily matter as much as the ability to get open and read the holes in the defense. Besides, our passing game should be improved with our TE's and even slightly better QB play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
    RIP Braylon Edwards' career. Killed 07/26/12 by the #Seahawks signing Antonio Bryant over him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    You can't be serious with this post. 2-14? Back at USC next year? If you watched any of Seattle's games last year, you'd know that the problem isn't the wideouts, its the inexperienced offensive line(when Robert Gallery is your most experienced starter, you're starting a ton of first and second year players). And nothing wows you? What about their secondary? The defense? With Seattle's offense, size at WR doesn't necessarily matter as much as the ability to get open and read the holes in the defense. Besides, our passing game should be improved with our TE's and even slightly better QB play.
    I agree, the Seahawks showed flashes of being good last year- they beat the Giants and Ravens with TARVARIS JACKSON at QB. Considering they signed Matt Flynn, who's almost certainly better than him, I could see the Seahawks winning the NFC West this year. I thought the 49ers were a fluke and will almost certainly come down this year. They didn't play any good teams all of last year but they do week 1 of this year (Green Bay) and I expect them to be brought back to earth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the same Seahawks team that's paying Leon Washington $3-4M per season to return kicks?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
    RIP Braylon Edwards' career. Killed 07/26/12 by the #Seahawks signing Antonio Bryant over him.
    Braylon will have to lose a limb and buy a cabbage farm before some people stop thinking he could come back and be a dominant #1 for the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Braylon will have to lose a limb and buy a cabbage farm before some people stop thinking he could come back and be a dominant #1 for the Jets.
    if anyone thinks he could be a dominant #1 they have officially lost their minds

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see a link to any post that claims that BE could be a dominant #1 with the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see a link to any post that claims that BE could be a dominant #1 with the Jets.
    +1

He wasn't even a dominant #1 in 2010, the year that everyone is clamoring over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What would you call BE then? Was he a #1 in his 2 years with the Jets? You are among the crusade wanting him back... what are your expectations for him coming back to the Jets in 2012?