Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks working out Braylon

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This is the same Seahawks team that's paying Leon Washington $3-4M per season to return kicks?
    It works out because he sets the offense up with decent field position and he plays as the 3rd down back a lot of times with Forsett.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    What would you call BE then? Was he a #1 in his 2 years with the Jets? You are among the crusade wanting him back... what are your expectations for him coming back to the Jets in 2012?
    In 2010 I saw he and Holmes as #1A and #1B. Not necessarily in that order.

They simply complimented each other well and Sanchez developed a good chemistry with Edwards.

I wanted him back IF he was 100% healthy, which he apparently is not.

I felt he would help Sanchez re-establish his confidence and could also serve as a good on the field example for Stephen Hill to watch and learn from.

Obviously, it's not going to happen so there's no point in dwelling on it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    It works out because he sets the offense up with decent field position and he plays as the 3rd down back a lot of times with Forsett.
    Joe McKnight does the same thing and is making 1/5 the money.

There are plenty of good return players who could do similar things and not command $3-4M per year.

You really think he's worth that money?
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Practice Squad
    Joe McKnight does the same thing and is making 1/5 the money.

There are plenty of good return players who could do similar things and not command $3-4M per year.

You really think he's worth that money?
    Not necessarily, but that's what Ruskell offered him at the time. Could he stand to make less? Yes. Has he been a good player for us? Definitely. Though if anyone could afford to restructure, he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    You can't be serious with this post. 2-14? Back at USC next year? If you watched any of Seattle's games last year, you'd know that the problem isn't the wideouts, its the inexperienced offensive line(when Robert Gallery is your most experienced starter, you're starting a ton of first and second year players). And nothing wows you? What about their secondary? The defense? With Seattle's offense, size at WR doesn't necessarily matter as much as the ability to get open and read the holes in the defense. Besides, our passing game should be improved with our TE's and even slightly better QB play.
    Where as maybe I wasn't glued to the screen watching the Seahawks last year I saw enough of them playing to know they have a slew of wholes. It isn't just some minor tweeks they have here and Carrol is without a doubt on the hot seat. Seriously if they go 6-10 I think it is their ceiling. So ask yourself does Carrol really have job security here? It is just a young team not ready for the NFL yet. Are they moving in the right direction for the future? Maybe but some of their moves seem like doubling down on a hard 15 to me. Stupid risks usually don't pay out.

Braylon Edwards works out for the Miami Dolphins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...gn=Twitter_atl

Izzy Gould ‏@IzzyGould
    Philbin confirms the Dolphins worked out Braylon Edwards last week.
    Last edited by C Mart; 07-29-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Banned
    Forget about Braylon Edwards.

He's on the verge of 30 (29), coming off a career low in games (9), receptions (15), receiving yards (181) and TD's (0). He's also coming off an injury. An injury in which could have slowed him down as a wide receiver moving forward.

Not to mention, that he's never been anything special to begin with. A dime a dozen type of NFL WR. He's averaged 48 receptions, 760 receiving yards and 5.5 TD's per season.

Nothing to drool over, and most most definitely not worth taking reps away from Stephen Hill. Most WR's need to be developed coming out of college, and they develop/progress with actual NFL playing time. It'll become extremely disappointing if our front office were to bring someone such as Braylon Edwards off the street in order to slow down the overall development of our 2nd round draft pick.

Yes, I know; Stephen Hill may be a rookie, but he's a pretty talented one at that. Much more talented when in comparison to a 29 year old Braylon Edwards who's coming off an injury plagued season. We're talking about a 21 year old kid who's 6'4, top of the line speed (4.3 flat), amazing jumping/leaping ability, led the entire Nation in average yards per reception as a true deep threat, ranked as the Countries #2 Run Blocking Wide Receiver coming out of college and last but most definitely not least... Has all the makings of a potential red-zone monster/freak of nature. 6'4 in height, a very strong/physical kid, with top of the line jumping ability? And we're still talking about Braylon Edwards? Nice to know.

If the Jets were to release Stephen Hill today, 31 other GM's would attempt to sign him by tomorrow. Workout with the Seahawks and Dolphins? He'd be on an NFL roster by now. Same can't be said for Braylon.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

Not to mention, that he's never been anything special to begin with. A dime a dozen type of NFL WR. He's averaged 48 receptions, 760 receiving yards and 5.5 TD's per season.

Sound a lot like our current so called no. 1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Forget about Braylon Edwards.

He's on the verge of 30 (29), coming off a career low in games (9), receptions (15), receiving yards (181) and TD's (0). He's also coming off an injury. An injury in which could have slowed him down as a wide receiver moving forward.

Nothing to drool over, and most most definitely not worth taking reps away from Stephen Hill. Most WR's need to be developed coming out of college, and they develop/progress with actual NFL playing time. It'll become extremely disappointing if our front office were to bring someone such as Braylon Edwards off the street in order to slow down the overall development of our 2nd round draft pick.

Yes, I know; Stephen Hill may be a rookie, but he's a pretty talented one at that. Much more talented when in comparison to a 29 year old Braylon Edwards who's coming off an injury plagued season. We're talking about a 21 year old kid who's 6'4, top of the line speed (4.3 flat), amazing jumping/leaping ability, led the entire Nation in average yards per reception as a true deep threat, ranked as the Countries #2 Run Blocking Wide Receiver coming out of college and last but most definitely not least... Has all the makings of a potential red-zone monster/freak of nature. 6'4 in height, a very strong/physical kid, with top of the line jumping ability? And we're still talking about Braylon Edwards? Nice to know.

If the Jets were to release Stephen Hill today, 31 other GM's would attempt to sign him by tomorrow. Workout with the Seahawks and Dolphins? He'd be on an NFL roster by now. Same can't be said for Braylon.
    You don't like him. We get it.

But he was not a "dime a dozen WR" and I like how you count his stats from last season and averaged them in as if it was a normal and full season.

According to Pro Football Talk, the Dolphins are now taking a look a Braylon.
    http://wp.me/p14QSB-4ywt

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    Dolphins make the most sense for Braylon landing. They have no receivers and his ability to block downfield is a major plus. Providing he is healthy enough, my money is on the Dolphins to sign him....

I wish we would just bring him back..

I don't know what happened with the team while he was here except for the fact we were successful..

He was a presence and made the offense better..

Just saying from a fan perspective and not analyzing..

He made some big plays..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    I believe they looked at him last Tuesday. It's been almost a week now and he's not signed.

Practice Squad
    I believe they looked at him last Tuesday. It's been almost a week now and he's not signed.
    Someone in Seattle was reporting that his injured knee may not have healed the way it should have, and that he might need to have another surgery. Don't know how true or accurate it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    For anyone interested, some Braylon news has surfaced.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aylon-edwards/
    Always liked Bray, but unless he can play a lights out ONLINE position I don't actually think we need him that this point.

The Seahawks to sign Braylon Edwards.

http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle-...rds-per-report

Confirmed by Schefty, 1 year deal.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 07-31-2012 at 12:12 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    The Seahawks have signed Braylon Edwards.
    If he makes the team, November 11, 2012 should be interesting.

All Pro
    If he makes the team, November 11, 2012 should be interesting.
    You gotta feel for the guy. He sure has had all the luck, playing for the most successful OCs and all those HOF QBs. I still don't know what he did here to piss off the staff, but it seems like it was something unforgivable. Maybe he ate Rex' Goddamn pretzel M&Ms. If he can't make it with Tavaris Flynn, he's got no excuses.

Hall Of Fame
    Seattle has done a decent job resurrecting guys careers, hopefully Bray can bounce back with them.

Hall Of Fame
    At least, if he has a bounceback season, he won't do it in Miami. Good luck Braylon.