Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan advises Santonio Holmes

Tone really doesn't get it sometimes. I'm not sure if he's says and does things for attention or if he's not that bright. I think it's the latter, actually. Why would the supposed #1 receiver say on TV his team's QB system won't work? Use your head man.

Rex usually sticks up for guys in the media and while he didn't toast Santonio completely and kind of made a joke about it, I bet Rex was livid. I mean, you just don't see him ever take shots (well, not really a shot) at his guys in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Squealing to the media instead of handling it privately with the player in question?

More of same.

SAR I
    its not more of the same...Holmes incited this and Rex handled it to help calm the media storm and diffuse the Jets are a circus routine they like to play. He is showing publicly that he is trying to put his foot down and gain control, something he was criticized for. Given the Jets current situation I think his response was appropriate.

If Rex was asked directly about Holmes comments and said "no comment" you can be damn sure there would be a fire storm like no other, because such an answer would leave it open to media interpretation which no doubt would be a dooms day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because in the real world sometimes "speaking the truth" gets you fired?

While youre at it, how does "speaking the truth" to the media do anything good for our offense?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Are you 16? Only a kid wouldn't understand that what mgt does or says transfers to what an employee says.

He's an adult being paid millions to represent the team. It's part of the deal and whether he was asked or sought out the media he has to keep that in mind.

I noticed you didn't come up with a reason why being real is going to help Sanchez, Tebow or the offense.
    And this.

Good posts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex telling someone to shut up.

LOL.
    Only makes me wish he was talking to you.

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    20 minutes til 5 pm reporting time and still no Santonio Holmes at Jets' camp. ... tick .... tick ... tick ...

Santonio Holmes ‏@santonio10 On the way to Cortland 38m ago

http://instagram.com/p/NjtKIjtduw/
    Last edited by C Mart; 07-26-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Rex should've added he didn't bring in himself to be the offensive coordinator either, although actions speak louder than words on that one through 3 years

Holmes will start whining to media early on if Sanchez struggles anyway, that's just how WRs are when things go bad.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because our offense couldn't use someone speaking the truth, eh? lol, Tone's too real for us sometimes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFMu3zb5dA

I'm surprised Ryan said that. It was very clear that Holmes first said" "we don't have a two quarterback system" and then said later that a 2 QB system wouldn't work.

Printing one without the other is typical media sleaze... Didn't Ryan even watch the video? Scary if he gets his news from the press these days.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I'm surprised Ryan said that. It was very clear that Holmes first said" "we don't have a two quarterback system" and then said later that a 2 QB system wouldn't work.

Printing one without the other is typical media sleaze... Didn't Ryan even watch the video? Scary if he gets his news from the press these days.
    This!!!!

Despite my general approval of Rex he has a very disturbing habit of subtly throwing players under the bus without thinking. One only has to recall Rex's statement that Sanchez' calling a timeout in the first half of a Pats game in which the Jets were leading, was "the worst play call in the HISTORY of professional football". Really that Rex that play was worst in the history of professional football????

All that gem from Rex led to was Jets fans literally booing Sanchez at home!!!

Unfortuantely as you alluded to in your post, it is clear from the tenor of Rex's response concerning Homles, that he was not fully familiar with what Holmes (who I have major problems with) actually said......

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Only makes me wish he was talking to you.
    There you are!!!

Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    LOL nothing.

It's about time. Holmes needs to keep his trap shut & play - period.
    Can't disagree with you.

I wish the who team would go silent. More wins, less headlines.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This!!!!

Despite my general approval of Rex he has a very disturbing habit of subtly throwing players under the bus without thinking. One only has to recall Rex's statement that Sanchez' calling a timeout in the first half of a Pats game in which the Jets were leading, was "the worst play call in the HISTORY of professional football". Really that Rex that play was worst in the history of professional football????

All that gem from Rex led to was Jets fans literally booing Sanchez at home!!!

Unfortuantely as you alluded to in your post, it is clear from the tenor of Rex's response concerning Homles, that he was not fully familiar with what Holmes (who I have major problems with) actually said......
    That is a two-way street. He also praises players when he shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    its not more of the same...Holmes incited this and Rex handled it to help calm the media storm and diffuse the Jets are a circus routine they like to play. He is showing publicly that he is trying to put his foot down and gain control, something he was criticized for. Given the Jets current situation I think his response was appropriate.

If Rex was asked directly about Holmes comments and said "no comment" you can be damn sure there would be a fire storm like no other, because such an answer would leave it open to media interpretation which no doubt would be a dooms day one.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

Actually, no, it wasn't very clear that Santonio said "we don't have a two QB system", especially as he didn't say that.

Media is going to spin anything anyone says into something. Whether it is or not.

It's the American way.

Does it really matter? Both Rex and Tone will be gone within two seasons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Draft or sign another receiver next year and then flush this turd. Hopefully Hill is ready to be a #1 guy next season

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    LOL. Not a chance in hell Rex is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Why post here if you're gonna bring garbage like this to the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually, no, it wasn't very clear that Santonio said "we don't have a two QB system", especially as he didn't say that.
    God I'm tired of stupid lazy morons. Not going to do your homework for you. Get off the couch and read. Or better yet, watch since you probably couldn't read it anyway:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-from-one-game

2:49
    3:38
    4:18

You are right, not an exact quote, but tell me what he meant at 2:49 and 4:18. Pretend it's that 3rd grade book report you did in your last year of school.