Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rex Ryan advises Santonio Holmes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    God I'm tired of stupid lazy morons. Not going to do your homework for you. Get off the couch and read. Or better yet, watch since you probably couldn't read it anyway:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-from-one-game

2:49
    3:38
    4:18

You are right, not an exact quote, but tell me what he meant at 2:49 and 4:18. Pretend it's that 3rd grade book report you did in your last year of school.

Talk about stupid frakking morons. Andrew Siciliano spelled it out. Right after Holmes made his comments at the 2:49 mark, calling Tebow a "football player", Siciliano followed up with this:

RIGHT AFTER Holmes said all that about Tebow, here is what Andrew followed up with.

"You say football player.. Rex, couple of months ago said maybe 20 plays a game, we don't know, I mean it could be 5, it could be 20, it could be special teams, it could be whatever...... Can a two quarterback system, even if it's 5 plays, can that work in the NFL?"

Do you see what Andrew said "even if it's 5 plays ?" That references his quote of Rex's statement that it could be 5 or could be 20, referring to Tebow being put in the game.

Now, you can sit here and try to spin **** all day, but the one thing you can't do is change Siciliano's question or Tone's response.

With that out of the way, if you need me to explain anything from that 3rd grade book report, as it's apparently over your head, just ask.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Draft or sign another receiver next year and then flush this turd. Hopefully Hill is ready to be a #1 guy next season
    You got it Buzz, there is a reason the Steelers let him go for so cheap!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because in the real world sometimes "speaking the truth" gets you fired?

While youre at it, how does "speaking the truth" to the media do anything good for our offense?
    I think he means integrity is important. They wanted TOne to patch things up with Mark; then the talking heads pin him down with a question he can't win either way. So he spoke on target.

Blame the ****ing media, Tony. Don't cry to Rex. And; why can't Rex call out the media for the pressure questions? Those aren't softballs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    This.

And this.

Good posts.
    Do not agree completely. Tone's skill is performing under the spotlight. The long offseason is rife with opportunities to put one's foot in their mouth. You have to just accept it; they led him right into a trap: Does your offense have a fatal flaw?

Sit under hot lights for hours, waiting for your chance to say something to take the pressure off. Most of us would pfail in that situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Do not agree completely. Tone's skill is performing under the spotlight. The long offseason is rife with opportunities to put one's foot in their mouth. You have to just accept it; they led him right into a trap: Does your offense have a fatal flaw?

Sit under hot lights for hours, waiting for your chance to say something to take the pressure off. Most of us would pfail in that situation.
    He'll be in that situation all season... He can thank himself...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he means integrity is important. They wanted TOne to patch things up with Mark; then the talking heads pin him down with a question he can't win either way. So he spoke on target.

Blame the ****ing media, Tony. Don't cry to Rex. And; why can't Rex call out the media for the pressure questions? Those aren't softballs.
    The problem is, he damned near always fails in such situations. Still can't decide if it's due to lack of intelligence, just being a douche, or a combination of both.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    The problem is, he damned near always fails in such situations. Still can't decide if it's due to lack of intelligence, just being a douche, or a combination of both.
    Problem is you were following Tebow in Denver to realize how silly this statement is.

From his last game in pitt winning a SB with a clutch catch, to setting up the win in Denver to winning games vs Detroit, Houston, Cleveland, etc you failed.

Again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Problem is you were following Tebow in Denver to realize how silly this statement is.

From his last game in pitt winning a SB with a clutch catch, to setting up the win in Denver to winning games vs Detroit, Houston, Cleveland, etc you failed.

Again.
    Talk about epic fail, we were discussing Tone's interactions with the media, not his on field catches.

Try and keep up if you can.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon now. How about "I'll leave that to the coaches." Very simple really.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    God I'm tired of stupid lazy morons. Not going to do your homework for you. Get off the couch and read. Or better yet, watch since you probably couldn't read it anyway:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-from-one-game

2:49
    3:38
    4:18

You are right, not an exact quote, but tell me what he meant at 2:49 and 4:18. Pretend it's that 3rd grade book report you did in your last year of school.
    It's pretty clear that he was trying to praise both of them, while being clear that Mark was the QB, and Tebow was going to have a package of plays where there was no QB on the field, but he couldn't come out and say it. I really don't see anything wrong with what he said. Only that it was impossible to answer that question without getting slammed one way or another by the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Then he would have gotten slammed for not having his QB's back.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes needs to worry about running his routes clean and going hard every play (whether he's option 1 or if it's a running play). It would be wise also to tirelessly work on his chemistry with Sanchez so they don't look like every play together is their first -- like it was for most of last season. Sanchez has little problems with Keller, Kerley, hell even Turner on completion pct. Seems that Holmes and Burress were issues. QB fault or a case of WRs not going full speed? Get with it Tone. Less talk more work

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah the offseason is over. There's a reason I take a time off from my team's sports board after the draft.

From my perspective this is a little different for Rex. He's had a habit of circling the wagons around all the star players with almost complete disregard to circumstances. Rex may open his mouth a lot and bring the braggadocio, but it was almost always of an arrogant confidence. On some level that will continue. You will certainly hear the "We're going to win the SB, why else would we be here" schtick.

However, calling out a player publicly for their stupidity is A-OK in my book, when the player himself does it. Especially when the player has already been addressed personally to "Tone" it down. That's a positive change, as more accountability was required, after last year's debacle.

Who better than to start with Tone. Keeping Tone and his play-making abilities was the right call, considering his contract number this year. His contract certainly wasn't the right call. That being said, I am all for sending him home to pick his toes if he brings more sickness than health to this team.

Just don't waive him and let him play somewhere else where he burns us. I am sure hoping that Rex and Tanny share that opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    True. Someone needs to teach Holmes the cliches. There is a reason some players never get themselves in hot water over comments because they give by the book cliche answers. Holmes needs to learn these.