Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Darrelle Revis' battle with Jets isn't over

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    $18m for a CB is absurb. $14-15mm per year max
    per year numbers mean zero. it's all about how much is guaranteed and the cap number. per year numbers are all about prestige for the player. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Racists.
    Haha, I wasn't trying to infer they were racists. I was just merely pointing out the perception that most people have. Production is production, white, black, yellow or purple that doesn't matter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Haha, I wasn't trying to infer they were racists. I was just merely pointing out the perception that most people have. Production is production, white, black, yellow or purple that doesn't matter.
    I was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Get real! Over the 5 years he has been with the Patriots he has averaged 111 catches and 1200 yards. He is coming off a season in which he had 122 catches (4th most all time in one season) and 1600 yards. And you and the Patriots are acting like he is on the decline of his career? To me that's an excuse to be cheap. And he signed his 5 year contract at $18 million b/c prior to joining the Pats he had one decent year with 67 catches. That's why we killed the Pats on giving him so much money for so little production. But he obviously outplayed that contract after his first three years with the Pats when he put up over 100 receptions each year. That's when the Pats should have rewarded him with a new contract. They didn't and he still put up monster numbers. Is it just b/c he's short and white and doesn't fit the stereotypical WR model that you and other Pats fans don't think he's worth the money? Would you give Andre Johnson $8-$9 million right now for 4 years? He's the same age as Welker but Welker has averaged 32 more receptions per year over the same time period. Welker averages 1 less TD a year. Its about production, not size or speed. Lets face facts, the Patriots are cheap and that's why they won't pay him.
    Why did, wilfork, mankins, Brady, Seymour, law, Moss, all get contracts that made them the highest paid players at thier position.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why did, wilfork, mankins, Brady, Seymour, law, Moss, all get contracts that made them the highest paid players at thier position.
    And Gronk just became the highest paid TE in NFL history. The Pats are cheap!

Choon does not honestly equate Welker with the best receivers in the game, he understands how crucial he is to the Pats and how he doesn't have the same skill set as Andre Johnson. If the Pats paid a 31-yr old welker top WR money in a long-term deal this board would erupt with laughter.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Larry Fitgerald's salary was higher than Moss' at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Larry Fitgerald's salary was higher than Moss' at that time.
    sorry 1st or 2nd not much of a diff. the response to the posters criticism that the pats don't spend money on premium players is still valid. yeah, an i forgot about Gronk also.
    Last edited by patman; 07-27-2012 at 11:38 PM.